Radials

JB2386

Radials
« on: 3 Apr 2020, 03:24 pm »
Was wondering if Louis has ever swam in the Radial pool at all?  I see Ohm is still kicking in Brooklyn, NY and Steve at Decware in Illinois is always experimenting with something and has a pair or 2 of radials in his lineup.  Louis is always tinkering, looking for better sound by design, etc. so it would only make sense he at some point experimented. 

Louis, if you read this and haven't experimented with a radial type speaker yet would you?  I know you're super busy banging out speakers in cabinets, credenza's, etc. but what the hey, why not?  LOL!!! 

I write this as I listen to Willie Nelson's Teatro on a pair of Louis's Super High Output Alnicos on Skylan stands with 2 watts of Decware tube power.  :D :D

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: Radials
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2020, 03:30 pm »
He has done omni before.

JB2386

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2020, 03:56 pm »
Ahhh, I have never seen any of Louis' Omni speakers.  Not a big hit I'm guessing.

Docere

« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2020, 09:29 pm »
Ahhh, I have never seen any of Louis' Omni speakers.  Not a big hit I'm guessing.

I'd be tempted by omni AlNiCo... if they were 8Ohm. I'd also like the omni driver angled back and up, rather than just up, for greater delay relative to the direct sound and perhaps more even room coverage. Or maybe purchase 2x sets of 16Ohm speakers run in parallel and configure as desired (stands to assist would be nice)... or 2x AlNiCo HO run in series...  :D

I think omnis are a great idea for wide-range drivers.
« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2020, 03:02 am by Docere »