Hot sauce.

milford3

Hot sauce.
« on: 12 Feb 2017, 07:45 pm »
I will be using Dave's hot sauce tonight with my angel hair pasta and meatballs.  Will post the results if I'm still alive.

dflee

Re: Hot sauce.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2017, 08:22 pm »
I use Cajun Sunshine on a lot of things with good results.
It's one of the best ones I've found. Let me know if you still have your sanity.

Don

rockadanny

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2017, 11:06 pm »
good stuff! just this morning I doused my eggs with Dave's Hurtin' Habenaro.

milford3

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2017, 12:59 am »
I will be using Dave's hot sauce tonight with my angel hair pasta and meatballs.  Will post the results if I'm still alive.

To be fair I'm still alive.  This hot sauce put my butt in a sling. A crazy hot sauce.  Pure burn.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2017, 01:15 am »
You people are just insane! I use a DROP of the regular Dave's Insanity to "perk up" some milder stuff. I like FLAVOR waaaaay more than burn. I just need enough heat to make a little bead of sweat across my forehead, and I'm fine.

That stuff that's "so hot, It'll burn you twice" is for the young and foolish IMHO.

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2017, 12:31 pm »
I have the regular Daves's too and anything more than a drop is nuts.  Hats off to you guys.  :)

I have a source for hot peppers and I do this

I use banana, jalapeno and others to tame it down.  The last batch I made was all ghost and habanero and quite hot.
Cover in water and vinegar with salt and it stays crunchy in the fridge.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2017, 02:45 pm »

I have something like this that I use very judiciously when I don't want vinegar or any other attendant flavors that usually come with hot sauces.  Seriously just a dab will do you. 

There is a point where spiciness becomes too much and not enjoyable.  Case and point is the Blazin' at Buffalo Wild Wings.  I am good up to Wild but Blazin's is no fun. 

randytsuch

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2017, 05:07 pm »
Sriracha is my go to hot sauce.

But never tried Daves, a bottle of Sriracha lasts a while.

Randy

datman

« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2017, 05:57 pm »
Our new go to hot sauce is D.A.T. Sauce from Morgan City, LA. It is different in that it uses pepper flakes as its base. Some nice heat and spectacular flavor. http://www.dat-sauce.com/

MaxCast

« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2017, 09:21 pm »
Sriracha is my go to hot sauce.

Randy

I love Sriracha sauce on pork dishes.