FleaWatt TPA3116 Amplifier Tour. Those on the tour, post your impressions here.

tdogzthmn

Congrats on your purchase! Curious to know which amps you'll be comparing to the TPA3116D2A if you care to share. I look forward to your impressions. Enjoy your new amp.

Amps I own:  Rouge Audio Sphinx v2, NAD D3020, Bottlehead SEX 2.1.  The first two are class d amps utilizing Hypex circuits.  The Bottlehead is a SET amp with 2.5 wpc.

jMelvin

Amps I own:  Rouge Audio Sphinx v2, NAD D3020, Bottlehead SEX 2.1.  The first two are class d amps utilizing Hypex circuits.  The Bottlehead is a SET amp with 2.5 wpc.

Nice! Should prove to be interesting. I bet you'll be impressed with the Fleawatt. Have fun.

Ultralight

Derek, just revisited your site.  HOLY TOLEDO, you have upped your game and those recent pieces looks stunning and from the specifications, perhaps significant improvement on the audio end?  Makes me want to upgrade.  Just beautiful work!

fleawattaudio

• Industry Participant
Ha!  "Holy Toledo"...Yes, your Fleawatt was made 10 miles south of Toledo!   Thanks for your kind words! 

Batman Basmati

• I do what I please, and I do it with ease.
Thanks for sharing :thumb:

tdogzthmn

Just wanted to say I'm thrilled with amp little Fleawatt amp!  Probably one of my best audio investments to date.  The price to performance value of the amp is incredibly hard to beat.  I would not hesitate to shoot Derek an email and order one of his mighty little amps.

I spend a few evenings comparing the Fleawatt to the Rouge Sphinx and was surprised by how great the little Fleawatt sounded.  The Sphinx was the more resolving and detailed of the two with a brighter overall presentation.  The Fleawatt was only slightly less resolving but to my ears had a more relaxed and natural presentation that does remind me a lot of what you hear with a SET amp.  In the end I felt the Fleawatt was the better amp for me to own and would yield more musical satisfaction in my system.

mrvco

If anyone is interested in the "Jackson" Fleawatt, send me a PM.  I was planning on using it for a second system, but those plans have been shelved.  It's single input / single output with all of Derek's Fleawatt magic.  Specs are as follows:
  • TPA3116D2
  • YJ Blue/Black circuit board.
  • Alps Blue Velvet volume pot.
  • Connex brand premium binding posts.
  • REAN gold plated RCA connectors.
  • Teflon insulated solid core and Kimber TCSS hook-up wire.
  • Premium machined aluminum volume knob.
  • Textured black finish.

md92468

It's single input / single output with all of Derek's Fleawatt magic.

Someone should snap this up...these babies are a fabulous buy. If one input isn't enough, Derek's got a couple with two inputs available on his site (I have no affiliation with Derek - just a happy customer).

Here's mine...I've had it for a week or so paired with Spatial M2s and it sounds fabulous:

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
md92468,

Those are really cool looking.  Derek is certainly upping his game.  :thumb:

md92468

Those are really cool looking.  Derek is certainly upping his game.

He is...aesthetically and sonically. The Mac Mini platform and isolation blocks are by audiophilevibrationcontrol, which also makes really nice gear for reasonable prices.

fleawattaudio

• Industry Participant
Thank you for your kind words gentlemen!
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2017, 01:30 am by fleawattaudio »

jacknife

Just ordered the Gary Numan Fleawatt off Audiogon, great deal! Now, I guess I have to order some Omegas to go with it!  Looking for a desktop near field setup so either the 3i monitor or super 7 or maybe even the super 3 HO, not sure.  Any recommendations would be great!

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Congratulations jacknife on the Gary Numan Fleawatt - very cool looking.  I love Derek's designs.  The Super 3i or 7MK2 Monitor would both be excellent choices depending on the music you listen to.  The 3i will be better with some types of music and the 7 with other types.  What music do you listen to most?

jacknife

Congratulations jacknife on the Gary Numan Fleawatt - very cool looking.  I love Derek's designs.  The Super 3i or 7MK2 Monitor would both be excellent choices depending on the music you listen to.  The 3i will be better with some types of music and the 7 with other types.  What music do you listen to most?

On this system I'd probably be listening to jazz and classical mostly and maybe some rock.  I won't be using a sub on this system so I'm leaning toward the 7MK2 since it goes a little lower.

roymail

• Roy in TX
For a TPA3116 it's difficult to imagine an Alps blue competing with a Goldpoint stepped attenuator.  Or just go straight AMP with a Lightspeed LDR.