Upgrading your microRendu to software version 2.5 Sounds Phenomenal!

Tubeburner

Media network is allowed with DLNA, Renderer and server. Output encoding is none.

Big Red Machine

Thought about it overnight and put in a standard usb cable instead of the adapter and it recognized the dac right away. It was a hardware problem with that small usb adapter device that puts the ur right at the usb input of the dac. That's why it did not see the dac. It was not communicating through that piece that gets bent down under the weight of the ur. :duh: :duh: :duh:

TomS

Thought about it overnight and put in a standard usb cable instead of the adapter and it recognized the dac right away. It was a hardware problem with that small usb adapter device that puts the ur right at the usb input of the dac. That's why it did not see the dac. It was not communicating through that piece that gets bent down under the weight of the ur. :duh: :duh: :duh:
I was using one of these adapters direct into my LIO DAC and it weakened the connection to the pads on the internal circuit board of the DAC, so you have to be very careful to support the whole thing. Your problem may now be on the connector inside, not the adapter itself. I switched to a little longer USB cable for mine, problem solved.

Tubeburner

Glad it all worked out.  :thumb:

Big Red Machine

Except now I am travelling this week. So much for setting aside time for tunes last night. :cry:

MttBsh

About a week after installing the 2.5 chip I can now say that I hear a definite sound improvement. It's not actually "more" of anything but rather a quieter background resulting in a more cohesive soundstage and better stereo separation.

Over the past few months I've upgraded to Zenwave D4 interconnects and power cables and upgraded the wiring in my Cain & Cain Abby speakers. The result? stunning improvements across the board, especially in 3D imaging. Replacing the 2.3 chip with the 2.5 has just taken it a further step in that same direction. Best $20.00 audio investment I've ever made!

SFDude

Got my 2.5 upgrade but it won't boot up the mR. Jesus is looking into it (he has another case reported with similar symptoms). Wanted to bring it up in case anyone else had similar issues and to know they're not alone. (I thought my unit was defective until I emailed Sonore about it.)

Stuck with the 2.3 for the time being.

trueaudiophile

I have successfully installed the 2.5 software and it runs normally.  However the Spotify app stopped working as it would not connect.  The fix was to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app in the on-line menu and wahla smooth streaming once again  :thumb:

Trueaudiophile

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Got my 2.5 upgrade but it won't boot up the mR. Jesus is looking into it (he has another case reported with similar symptoms). Wanted to bring it up in case anyone else had similar issues and to know they're not alone. (I thought my unit was defective until I emailed Sonore about it.)

Same here. I'm getting a new SD card with 2.5 on it. We'll see  :dunno:

Best,
Anand.

trueaudiophile

Did you write Jesus for it?

Thanks

Trueauudiophile

slefley

I had the same problem.  I received a new card with 2.5 last week and it works perfectly, so hopefully your new card will do the same.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
I had a problem with my first one not working and Jesus sent a replacement and installing it I learned what an idiot I am.  If this is not your issue, forgive me.  You can install the chip by pushing it in at a slight angle and it will go in but not hit the electrical connecting points.  When installed off kilter like this it will go further into the microRendu - if yours doesn't go in with a soft "click" when installed correctly, pull it out and try again.  When installed incorrectly the chip goes in so far I had to use some needle nose pliers to get it out.  Now that I know my error, this latest update went in perfectly the first time.  Again, apologies if you are not an idiot such as I. :duh:

poseidonsvoice

I had a problem with my first one not working and Jesus sent a replacement and installing it I learned what an idiot I am.  If this is not your issue, forgive me.  You can install the chip by pushing it in at a slight angle and it will go in but not hit the electrical connecting points.  When installed off kilter like this it will go further into the microRendu - if yours doesn't go in with a soft "click" when installed correctly, pull it out and try again.  When installed incorrectly the chip goes in so far I had to use some needle nose pliers to get it out.  Now that I know my error, this latest update went in perfectly the first time.  Again, apologies if you are not an idiot such as I. :duh:

I wish my fix was that simple. But when I reinstalled the original SD version 2.3, the little microRendu booted up perfectly.

Best,
Anand.

tme110

They found an issue in the update that only affects certain devices, I already have my replacement card.  Mine worked fine on 2.3 also but wouldn't boot up on 2.5 (the card was in straight).

trueaudiophile

Yes, I discovered there was a software update once the unit updated all is good!  Back to lovin' the music.  This Spotify Premium sounds pretty good too! :thumb:

Trueaudiophile

poseidonsvoice

I wish my fix was that simple. But when I reinstalled the original SD version 2.3, the little microRendu booted up perfectly.

Best,
Anand.

Just wanted to update this thread and state that Andrew Gillis at SGC sent me a new SD card with version 2.5 and the little Rendu booted up just fine.

Best,
Anand.

ebag4

Just wanted to update this thread and state that Andrew Gillis at SGC sent me a new SD card with version 2.5 and the little Rendu booted up just fine.

Best,
Anand.
Did you fine any audible difference between it and the previous version?

Best,
Ed

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel

Best,
Ed

Just in case you or anyone else is wondering what the difference is:

In order to better serve you we have been developing the Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system which has the following new features and enhancements:
1. The base operating system and Kernel has been updated.
2. All the pre-configured applications have been updated to the latest release versions and or stable versions.
3. DSD playback now supports Native DSD with POP free PCM/DSD transitions.
4. New devices have been added that support Native DSD playback.
5. Spotify Connect has been added as a new output mode. This new output mode can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. The application can be installed and uninstalled from Software Manager. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.
6. A SongCast receiver has been added to the existing MPD/DLNA output mode. This new output mode accept streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application can be installed and uninstalled from the Software manager. The application is in Beta form.
7. This version also contains other bug fixes and enhancements.

Sonicorbiter 2.5 will be available soon pre-loaded on a microSD card. The microSD cards will be made available to existing customers for purchase for 20 USD. Emails with purchasing instructions will go out to customer in the coming weeks with a link to purchase the upgrade. The microRendu will be shipping with Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system. If you purchased a microRendu in the last 30 days we will provide a microSD card in the mail with Sonicorbiter 2.5 for free.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/29102-sonicorbiter-the-operating-system/?do=findComment&comment=653543

poseidonsvoice

Best,
Ed

Honestly I haven't listened yet. I just finished changing out the (4) copper AVC's in my Lazarus project with (4) silver AVC's from Dave Slagle and John Chapman (Yes, I sold my left nut in the process  :wink: ). So I'm letting it all play a little. I'm not golden eared however, so I may not hear the differences between version 2.3 and 2.5 like others here have stated. I also implemented, thanks to jtwrace, Roon Volume leveling and the DSP engine (now at DSD 64). Lot's of changes, so my review of any differences between the 2.3 and 2.5 will have to wait, but I still have the 2.3 SD card to swap in to see if there are audible differences.

Best.
Anand.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Honestly I haven't listened yet. I just finished changing out the (4) copper AVC's in my Lazarus project with (4) silver AVC's from Dave Slagle and John Chapman (Yes, I sold my left nut in the process  ;) ). So I'm letting it all play a little. I'm not golden eared however, so I may not hear the differences between version 2.3 and 2.5 like others here have stated. I also implemented, thanks to jtwrace, Roon Volume leveling and the DSP engine (now at DSD 64). Lot's of changes, so my review of any differences between the 2.3 and 2.5 will have to wait, as I still have the 2.3 SD card to swap in to see if there are audible differences.

Best.
Anand.
I'd recommend going to DSD256 with your Vega.