Hi. I’m new.

shaky

Hi. I’m new.
« on: 23 Feb 2020, 10:39 pm »
Hi. I’m Tim, from Melbourne, Australia.

Life long interest in music and audio including the equipment to play it all back. I started out in car audio, with multi amp, multi sub systems before having my own place and getting my own home system. And it’s grown from there.

I have a ‘different’ stereo-only system at present. Sources connected through a Promitheus TVC preamp, the output of it is connected to a processor providing X-over, time alignment etc. to 8 channel outputs. This connects to two 5 channel power amps, one for left and one for right channel. Each amp connects to a test box with 9in Dynaudio midbass, 6in Dynaudio midranges and Morel tweeters and dual voice coil 15in stereo subs.
It works well, has a lot of power and control. Still ironing out some details for the processor settings but will get there. And then onto building permanent enclosures for my speakers.

Looking to learn some bits and pieces from others here I can use along the way.

Cheers.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hi. I’m new.
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2020, 10:52 pm »
Welcome Tim :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Tim   :thumb:   Hope all is well in your area with the fires & smoke.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2020, 12:50 am »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2020, 05:35 am »
Hey Tim,

Welcome to Audio Circle. :D

laudelinux

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2020, 12:56 pm »