Any Salkstream owners using Roon 1.7 build 521?

Saturn94

Any Salkstream owners using Roon 1.7 build 521?
« on: 22 Feb 2020, 06:50 pm »
I’m seeing lots of issues being reported in the Roon Support forums with the latest release (1.7 build 521).  However, many seem related to certain video GPUs and many seem to be using Android devices.

Before I update Roon I thought I would check here and see if any fellow Salkstream owners using Apple devices as controllers are having any issues with the latest Roon release.

Thanks. :)

JDoyle

Re: Any Salkstream owners using Roon 1.7 build 521?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2020, 07:29 pm »
No issues with mine.  :)

JD

Saturn94

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2020, 07:39 pm »
No issues with mine.  :)

JD

Thanks. :D

jd3

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2020, 10:16 pm »
I use Apple devices with mine, and the only thing I've noticed is I'm getting a message that Qobuz isn't available on Roon Radio- only Library.  I haven't had Qobuz for a while but do have Tidal.  It doesn't affect anything that I notice.

Saturn94

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2020, 01:38 am »
I use Apple devices with mine, and the only thing I've noticed is I'm getting a message that Qobuz isn't available on Roon Radio- only Library.  I haven't had Qobuz for a while but do have Tidal.  It doesn't affect anything that I notice.

Thanks. :)

I think I remember someone on the Roon forum having an issue like that with Roon Radio.  I do subscribe to Qobuz.  Hopefully its not an issue.

I thought of updating this evening, but I see from this post a couple hours ago they are having issues with their update server:

“ john
Roon Labs: Support
2h
Hello @Massimo_Contino,

We are investigating a few reports of issues with the Roon update server, this may be what’s causing this behavior for you.

In the meantime, check the iOS App Store to make sure that you have the latest “Roon Remote” app for your iPhone and iPad.

-John”

JDoyle

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2020, 02:10 am »
I do subscribe to Qobuz.

Maybe you can answer a question for me... did you have Roon/Tidal before Roon/Qobuz?
If so, let me know and I’ll ask you next.

Thanks,

JD

Saturn94

« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2020, 02:59 am »
Maybe you can answer a question for me... did you have Roon/Tidal before Roon/Qobuz?
If so, let me know and I’ll ask you next.

Thanks,

JD

It looks like the update server is working, so I went ahead and updated.  Crossing fingers I have no issues.

I did not have Tidal before.  I signed up for Qobuz last month, taking advantage of their reduced pricing.  Frankly, I wasn’t sure I would use a streaming service much (I tried Spotify, but hardly use it).  I’m pleasantly surprised how much I’m enjoying Qobuz.  I think it’s at least in part due to the integration with Roon (and sounds great).

JDoyle

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2020, 02:36 pm »
Thanks, I’ll ask anyway in case anyone else made the switch.  Hopefully it’s okay to take this thread off topic for this question.

In Roon I make playlists of songs that I find from Tidal, occasionally those songs become “unavailable” for whatever reason from Tidal
If I make the switch from Tidal to Qobuz, and a given track(s) in a playlist(s) perhaps isn’t available in Qobuz, do those tracks remain but show unavailable?
Or do they disappear from Roon altogether?

I’m getting a little discouraged with Tidal and I’d like to give Qobuz a try, but don’t want to regret it. I know I can do the free trial, but any advice going in is appreciated.

Thanks,

JD

Saturn94

« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2020, 05:32 pm »
Thanks, I’ll ask anyway in case anyone else made the switch.  Hopefully it’s okay to take this thread off topic for this question.

In Roon I make playlists of songs that I find from Tidal, occasionally those songs become “unavailable” for whatever reason from Tidal
If I make the switch from Tidal to Qobuz, and a given track(s) in a playlist(s) perhaps isn’t available in Qobuz, do those tracks remain but show unavailable?
Or do they disappear from Roon altogether?

I’m getting a little discouraged with Tidal and I’d like to give Qobuz a try, but don’t want to regret it. I know I can do the free trial, but any advice going in is appreciated.

Thanks,

JD

That’s a good question.  I haven’t tried using Playlists since signing up with Qobuz.  I do have some albums from Qobuz that have some tracks that say “unavailable”.

If I had to guess, I suspect you would get the same behavior from Qobuz that you’re getting with Tidal.