I put together the little Folsom amp.

Danny Richie

Re: I put together the little Folsom amp.
« Reply #100 on: 12 Nov 2019, 10:33 pm »
I have one and am only a few hundred miles from North Texas, if you want to hear it let me know. 

I'd love to hear it.

bsr

« Reply #101 on: 12 Nov 2019, 10:51 pm »
I have one and am only a few hundred miles from North Texas, if you want to hear it let me know. 

Nice. I just ordered boards and parts for a dual mono setup. What are you using as a preamp?

HT cOz

« Reply #102 on: 17 Nov 2019, 12:14 am »
I'd love to hear it.

I get back in town in a week, we can setup something.

HT cOz

« Reply #103 on: 17 Nov 2019, 12:16 am »
Nice. I just ordered boards and parts for a dual mono setup. What are you using as a preamp?

I have a Modwright Transporter that I use as pre-amp. This project while big is worth it. What case do you plan to use? 

vilding

• Musician. Audiophile on a budget.
« Reply #104 on: 20 Feb 2020, 10:37 am »
Hi! Are there still boards for sale? Does anyone know how to order them?

Jaytor

Chilkoot

« Reply #106 on: 20 Feb 2020, 02:57 pm »
I have been doing a bit of research on these amps as well. There are detailed build and part selection discussions at diyaudio.com. 

vilding

Folsom

« Reply #108 on: 20 Feb 2020, 07:36 pm »
How to contact me: folsom.jeremyh@gmail.com

Chilkoot

« Reply #109 on: 21 Feb 2020, 05:35 pm »
Morning Danny,
I am interested in the approach you came up with for powering your system. It is a fascinating departure from what I would have considered for a high end system. I am going to experiment with the idea and have ordered the Folsom pcb kits as a start.
What I am wondering is how to approach the evolution on the preamp side. Given that Dodd equipment is not available, would you have any quidance as to how one could best explore preamp options? Are there other tube ideas out there that are similar? Or perhaps, solid state. (I am getting the builder bug, so thinking of kit or DIY type solutions.) 

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #110 on: 21 Feb 2020, 06:43 pm »
These are nice sounding kits.

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/pre11.htm

Danny Richie

« Reply #111 on: 23 Feb 2020, 09:41 pm »
Morning Danny,
I am interested in the approach you came up with for powering your system. It is a fascinating departure from what I would have considered for a high end system. I am going to experiment with the idea and have ordered the Folsom pcb kits as a start.
What I am wondering is how to approach the evolution on the preamp side. Given that Dodd equipment is not available, would you have any quidance as to how one could best explore preamp options? Are there other tube ideas out there that are similar? Or perhaps, solid state. (I am getting the builder bug, so thinking of kit or DIY type solutions.)

I really don't know of any good battery powered pre-amps that I could recommend.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #112 on: 24 Feb 2020, 01:27 am »
I really don't know of any good battery powered pre-amps that I could recommend.

It’s a shame you couldn’t sell 12v Dodd preamps or have someone else carry on the designs.

Captainhemo

« Reply #113 on: 25 Feb 2020, 06:36 pm »
Watch the trading  post... they do pop up from time to time

jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #114 on: 28 Feb 2020, 02:49 pm »
It’s a shame you couldn’t sell 12v Dodd preamps or have someone else carry on the designs.

That might happen one of these days.

vilding

« Reply #115 on: 13 Mar 2020, 12:25 pm »
A little bit off topic:

Has anyone built the EC7293?
I have the boards and have started buying up on parts. Just waiting for time and courage. Would love to see and hear how others have approached it and how they like it.
I will start a build thread when I get that far.

Metfit77@gmail.com

« Reply #116 on: 13 Mar 2020, 01:36 pm »
A little bit off topic:

Has anyone built the EC7293?
I have the boards and have started buying up on parts. Just waiting for time and courage. Would love to see and hear how others have approached it and how they like it.
I will start a build thread when I get that far.

I'm in the same boat. I also have the EC7293 and will soon start my build. I'll follow your post and chime in with my progress. I will be using it with a Tortuga LDR300v25 buffered preamp.

vilding

« Reply #117 on: 14 Mar 2020, 10:24 pm »
I'm in the same boat. I also have the EC7293 and will soon start my build. I'll follow your post and chime in with my progress. I will be using it with a Tortuga LDR300v25 buffered preamp.

Nice! I will be using it with a Holographic Audio Pre 25 preamp. Really nice Swedish hifi-gear. Gets very much out the way of the source.
Pretty cheapo but nice turntable with Nagaoka pick up, and an Arcam dac that really wants to move to the desktop and make room for something more refined... But that'll have be a project further down the road. Amp first!

Folsom

« Reply #118 on: 14 Mar 2020, 10:43 pm »
I'll be around to answer questions  :wink:

vilding

« Reply #119 on: 14 Mar 2020, 11:18 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I'll be around to answer questions  :wink: