Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #420 on: 21 Feb 2020, 06:02 pm »
I may cry.  :(

Both of you are hereby ordered to heal. When I read about Jeff's foot surgery, I nearly shot off a PM offering to give him(you) a ride. Your drive distances to and from are surely much, much shorter than my drive. Now add in Tuan's broken arm....sigh....Tuan, take care of that arm. Broken bones are very painful.

Some day......

Tuan,

Thank you very much for offering to host a G2G. I'm certain it would have been a blast - they always are! I hope you're able to host another G2G later this year.

Sonny

« Reply #421 on: 21 Feb 2020, 06:08 pm »
You broke your arm?  Wow so sorry about that.  Heal fast!

Thanks... too old to play soccer!

Sonny

« Reply #422 on: 21 Feb 2020, 06:09 pm »
I may cry.  :(

Both of you are hereby ordered to heal. When I read about Jeff's foot surgery, I nearly shot off a PM offering to give him(you) a ride. Your drive distances to and from are surely much, much shorter than my drive. Now add in Tuan's broken arm....sigh....Tuan, take care of that arm. Broken bones are very painful.

Some day......

Tuan,

Thank you very much for offering to host a G2G. I'm certain it would have been a blast - they always are! I hope you're able to host another G2G later this year.

Thank you!  No vinyl listening for a while.  :cry:

Noodlyarm

« Reply #423 on: 23 Feb 2020, 05:52 am »
Tuan, Bummer about your arm!   Yikes!   Sending you healing thoughts for a speedy recovery.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #424 on: 23 Feb 2020, 12:09 pm »
Geez guys  :o  Tuan, Clifford, sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Here's wishing you full & speedy recoveries.

JD

Sonny

« Reply #425 on: 24 Feb 2020, 01:06 am »
Thanks guys!  for sure in late spring / summer for a listening session...

Thanks!

nelsogex

« Reply #426 on: 25 Feb 2020, 05:40 pm »
I just signed up for audiocircle.  Evidently I need to post 3 coherent messages.  I would love to hear some other systems in the Seattle area. I've been retired for 10 years and got deep into the audio hobby.  I enjoy refinishing and rehabbing speakers and receivers. I estimate 50 pairs of Infinity, Klipsch, and ADS went thru my garage.  My current system is Cronus Magnum II with MMGs and Kappa 8.1's.  Sources are SL1700MK2 with AT120Eb,
Marantz CD5004, KT5020,and Lenovo/TIDAL thru Dragonfly Cobalt. Backup solid state is rebuilt Yam M4/CX2.  I'm in Kent.

Sonny

« Reply #427 on: 1 Mar 2020, 11:31 pm »
Welcome Nelsogex!

Cool hobby.  I did some DIY stuff when I had time, but these days with young kids and sports, work and a brtoken arm, not much a doing for sure!

Where are you located?  Anyways I had planned a gathering scheduled for this weekend, but with the broken arm and now COVID-19 here in the Puget Sound, it turned out rescheduling was a great idea!

Stay safe all and wash your hands and don't touch you face!

Hard, but we need to do it!

Tuan

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #428 on: 2 Mar 2020, 12:14 am »
Welcome Nelsogex.  Good advice Sonny, my wife and I are trying to do what you said.

Noodlyarm

« Reply #429 on: 4 Mar 2020, 05:37 am »
Welcome Nelsogex,

I’m a fellow Seattleite (actually Edmonds).   I’d be delighted to get together, listen, share experience and share music.

I’ve got XStatic EC/X and Klipsch subs, powered by PrimaLuna Dialogue HP Integrated w/KT150 tubes and an Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 Streamer as my primary source.   All connected with Chord Co Shawline Interconnects, Chord Co Epic Twin speaker cables, and Marc Tunis Stealth Power cables.   SR Orange Fuses too.

Happy Listening!

Sonny

« Reply #430 on: 4 Mar 2020, 04:46 pm »
Happy hump day PSAG!

Stay home, listen to music and be safe!

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
« Reply #431 on: 26 Mar 2020, 04:44 am »
Suppose I should chime in. Been back in Olympia area for about 4 years now. Always fun to talk audio.

System consists of : PS Audio BHK 250 Signature amp/Halcro DM8 pre amp/Audio Magic Kukama DAC and Mac Mini server. Analog is a SOTA Cosmos Eclipse w SME V and Transfiguration Proteus. Other table is a Well Tempered Reference with Ikeda 9 Kawami. Have an Ortofon A90/ZYX 4D/Denon DL-S1. Phono stage is an Esoteric E-03 and Graham Slee Ascension and Elevator. Speakers are JBL 4365 with Velodyne HGS18 sub, along with a couple other HGS12 in distributed bass system. Power conditioning is a PS Audio PerfectWave10, cabling from Analysis Plus Silver Apex interconnects and Wireworld Eclipse 8 speaker wire.

Cheers
Mister Pig

Sonny

« Reply #432 on: 19 Jul 2020, 08:37 pm »
Hope this is ok to post.  If not, the Admin can please delete.  intended for the local audience.

Hi Members, wanted to know if anyone is interested in the following:

ADCOM GDA-700 DAC (Does HDCD too). SOLD
ADCOM GFA-555
ADCOM GFA-5200
AUDEZE EL-8 Open Back Headphones
Marantz M140 Amp with new Walnut Woodcase
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones
Benz Micro ACE Mono Cartridge
Aune S6 Pro Balanced Headphone Amp/DSD DAC
Cayin N5ii PAP- Personal Audio Player
Magico M3 Speakers

These are all in great condition. Been unemployed since February and need to get some funds.
We can discuss pricing on each item separately.

Let me know if you are interested in any of the above.
Please PM me. Currently located in Gig Harbor.

Happy Sunday!
Tuan
« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2020, 06:47 pm by Sonny »

mresseguie

« Reply #433 on: 20 Jul 2020, 04:35 pm »
Tuan,

I sent you a pm.

Michael

Sonny

« Reply #434 on: 3 Sep 2020, 06:47 pm »
ADCOM GDA700 is SOLD!

mresseguie

« Reply #435 on: 3 Sep 2020, 08:04 pm »
Three questions for you:

Are the HD800s still available and what price are you asking?

Unrelated question:

My older sister currently lives in Vancouver, WA. She has asked me how Gig Harbor is as a place to live, but I know nothing about it. What's it like? She's 62 years old, doesn't like busy/noisy big cities; wants to feel safe.

Michael

xralex

« Reply #436 on: 24 Nov 2020, 04:35 pm »
Hey everyone, just joined and looking to communicate with some other Puget Sound area audio geeks. Getting transitioned to working from home this year has rekindled my audiophile tinkering side which lead to more YouTube videos which lead me here. I'm in the South Sound area near Tacoma but do get to spend a bunch of time online now that I spend my working days in a small repurposed bedroom.

-Jeff

KCinSeattle

« Reply #437 on: 22 Dec 2020, 01:26 pm »
Hi! I’m Keith, first time post here on AC. In Seattle. Been into 2 channel for over 20 years, but nowadays mostly headphone listening due to young children. Main rig w digital front end, VTL monoblocks and Sonus Fabers. Office rig just got upgraded to a Vinnie Rossi Lio driving Audeze LCD2s, and I’m looking now to add my first turntable to the headphone setup... which brought me online and to here!

Glad there’s a PNW group.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #438 on: 22 Dec 2020, 01:59 pm »
Welcome to AC & the PNW KC    :thumb:

KCinSeattle

« Reply #439 on: 30 Dec 2020, 01:44 pm »
Thanks.

Also just bought my first turntable. Very excited but complete novice at getting started so now amassing cleaning and alignment stuff. Inherited my dad’s record collection which has been stored for years, and figured it’s a good way to honor his life hobby.