Machinarium

nathanm

Machinarium
« on: 21 Oct 2009, 06:03 pm »
From the makers of Samorost.  Extremely cool stuff, IMHO.

http://machinarium.net/demo/

richidoo

Re: Machinarium
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2009, 01:15 am »
That's cool! Me and my kids loved Samorost.
Thanks!~
Rich

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2009, 02:08 am »
Very cool. I loved Samorost as well.  :thumb:

WGH

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2009, 03:52 am »
The demo was fun, thanks.

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2009, 04:19 pm »
Yesterday I finished playing the full version of Machinarium. This is a fun game with many different thought provoking puzzles that had me using the excellent help/hint system often. The drawings are fantastic and I loved the soundtrack. The manual Save Game feature is a big plus because it enables the user to save anytime, no re-playing the same sequence over and over.

You get to the Help pages by playing a simple puzzle, then the step-by-step solutions are all in drawings which are wonderfully drawn. I had to print a few help pages to solve a couple of puzzles, the maze map was very helpful.

I used a screen capture utility to print the help pages. The last free version of Printkey2000 v.5.10 works with XP and Vista.

Enjoy

Wayne

BobM

« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2009, 04:36 pm »
The demo was very cute, as were the older games from the same designers.

nathanm

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2009, 10:33 pm »
The red guy maze in the big robot's brain was pretty frustrating.  I had to screen capture the map and color code it in Photoshop.  Yikes. But the green\blue\purple ball bearing puzzle on that same screen drove me batty.   But as far as puzzles go, this was not nearly as hard as some games.  The artwork and environments are so rich, it's just a pleasure to see each new screen.  I love the backstory thought balloons too.  And how cool is it to make a language-free game that could be played by anyone, anywhere.  Smart move!

WGH

« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2009, 12:29 am »
I really needed help on those two puzzles too. The artwork makes me want to play again.

The first Myst was fun, then the puzzles got harder with each new version until they got so impossible I just stopped playing. Gotta love those walkthroughs or I would never finish a game.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #8 on: 6 Dec 2009, 07:34 pm »
My son and I enjoyed the demo very much. Thanks Nathan.

Wayne, I was also a Myst player. It was all I could do to keep myself from purchasing the other two (?) after that. Neat stuff, but Myst almost earned me a divorce way back when... now it's all I can do to not play RPGs. I can't do them in my spare time. They suck me in and ... oh....

I've since turned to FPS games online (COD4 on PS3). Those I can do without the addiction of RPGs.

Bob