What amp for my center speaker?

Dili

What amp for my center speaker?
« on: 16 Jan 2012, 04:59 pm »
Hello

I am currently the owner of three Odyssey Strstos amp :inlove:: two Stratos mono extreme and one Strstos stereo extreme SE +++. I like very much Odyssey Stratos amp. It is exactly what I need for my speaker infinity kappa 9 :weights:.

I have a dedicated room for home theater with a fully infinity kappa speaker :). I have two Stratos mono extreme for my left and right channel wich are infinity kappa 9A or infinity kappa 9.2. I am using an infinity kappa 9.2 as a center speaker, infinity kappa 8.2 as surround speaker and infinity kappa 6.2 as surround back speaker.

My Stratos stereo extreme SE +++ was used in another room dedicated to hifi with infinity kappa 9A but I have decided to stop It...

Right now the stratos mono extreme is used for my left and right channel and the stereo extreme for central channel. But I would like to use the stereo Stratos for my surround channel. Thus I am currently looking for a new amp for my central speaker 8).

I would like to buy an odyssey Stratos for my central speaker and I need advise :dunno: !

What amp do you advise for my central speaker Infinity kappa 9.2i :drool:?

I think that a Stratos mono extreme (only one) should be the best choice :thumb:, but a stratos stereo extreme amp (bi-amplified my infinity kappa 9.2i) should be also a good choice. In order to may be use later this amp in a hifi 2.0 system. Or if I decide to sell it. Do you think a Stratos stereo extreme could sound better than a mono extreme for my center speaker?

And what do you think about other Odyssey amp? My priority is to have the same sound between Left / Right speakers and center speaker.

Does Karthago sound like the stratos? I have in mind this amp for my surround back speakers, but may be it is appropriate for my center speaker?

Thanks for your help :).
Sorry for my bad English…