DSP, Danville Signal Nexus

bard76

DSP, Danville Signal Nexus
« on: 20 Mar 2024, 10:52 pm »
Hi, everyone. My name is Bard from Norway. I have built my ovn take on the atc scm 50, with Hiquphon tweeters. The ATC drivers is originally form old Proac studios for 1984.
I'm pretty new in the diy audio world, besides doing som car audio in my youth.
I now use a Jeff rowland modell 8T on my mids. A Bryston 4B sst on the woofers, and and for the moment a cary audio cinema 7 on my tweeters (planing too change this amp)
So far I think this the SQ is very promising. BUT I use the minidsp flex eight. And
I have to say, I strongly believe this is the true bottleneck in my system. I also think the dac is the main reason this does not sound natural. The soul in the music is gone. But I also suspect the rest of the device isn't up too snuff, for mye ears.

This leads me to think the Nexus 2/8 form Danville signals is the way to heaven.
Does anyone have anyone experience with this and further more has anyone heard the new AKM AK4499EX DAC's. I am looking for a dsp device witch is musical provides prat and has a "analog" sound.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: DSP, Danville Signal Nexus
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2024, 11:06 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2024, 11:21 pm »
Welcome!

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2024, 11:37 pm »
Welcome! Take a look at the "Hollis Audio Labs" circle here https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=71.0. Rich has a wealth of information and numerous technical demonstrations of the Danville Signal products there.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2024, 08:51 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Bard   :thumb: