Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Rod_S

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #2260 on: 15 Sep 2017, 10:15 pm »
I've rebooted and still have the same message. When I go to Network Interfaces I see than one Ethernet port has a DNS entry while the other doesn't. Obviously there is no issue connecting to the local network because I couldn't connect to the BDP otherwise.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2261 on: 15 Sep 2017, 10:22 pm »
Is the server down? I just powered up and see a message that the BDP has no Internet connection. I tried installing the latest beta build but it just hangs and doesn't do anything.

Hi Rod

I just updated to S2.36 2017-09-15 with no issues on the 2 BDP-3's I have and a Pi.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #2262 on: 15 Sep 2017, 11:04 pm »
Thanks James

Any guesses as to what might be going on with my unit? As mentioned clearly the cable is working because the BDP-2 can see my NAS on the network and still play music from it. All of my other Internet devices are up and running just fine right now, the include my laptop, iPad, NAS, PS3, Xbox 360, XBox One and Denon Blu-ray player. I just rebooted the BDP again and still the Alert pops up. I even switched Ethernet ports on the BDP this time. and also put the Ethernet cable in a free port on my network switcher. When I look at the lights surrounding the cable in the back of the BDP there is a solid orange one and blinking yellow one if that's of any help.

Rod

Rod_S

« Reply #2263 on: 15 Sep 2017, 11:14 pm »
OK very odd. I just tried to install the standard firmware again and it worked even though I'm still getting the no Internet alert. It's also taking the beta update as I type this.

wilcat_2000

« Reply #2264 on: 16 Sep 2017, 04:00 am »
Hi...started getting the same no internet connection message last weekend too...still able to stream my favourite internet stations via the bdp2 but message continues.
Hope to look into it some more on the weekend...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2265 on: 16 Sep 2017, 10:18 am »
Hi...started getting the same no internet connection message last weekend too...still able to stream my favourite internet stations via the bdp2 but message continues.
Hope to look into it some more on the weekend...

The new software should solve the no internet message - its a bug in some cases.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #2266 on: 16 Sep 2017, 02:21 pm »
Good to know, thanks

So everything is now running normally. Perhaps a question for Chris but in some cases the artist/band info gathered for the nice new summary section available in the beta is of the wrong band, artist or composer, is there a way to get that pointed to the correct band, artist or composer in these cases?

And thanks so much for adding a sort by date in artist view. I've been hoping this would come along for a long time now  :thumb:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2267 on: 16 Sep 2017, 07:03 pm »
Good to know, thanks

So everything is now running normally. Perhaps a question for Chris but in some cases the artist/band info gathered for the nice new summary section available in the beta is of the wrong band, artist or composer, is there a way to get that pointed to the correct band, artist or composer in these cases?

And thanks so much for adding a sort by date in artist view. I've been hoping this would come along for a long time now  :thumb:

yah, the artist menu next to the description, play, shuffle play, then the three dots, in that menu there is a edit profile option.  in this menu click the ID value (musicbrianz) or the edit ID value button and you should be presented with alternative values or you can enter a custom search criteria and refresh the results.  I should have  a short video up later this weekend.

Rod_S

« Reply #2268 on: 16 Sep 2017, 07:13 pm »
Cool thanks

wilcat_2000

« Reply #2269 on: 16 Sep 2017, 10:41 pm »
THANK YOU SIR JAMES!
Downloading new firmware now!

R. Daneel

« Reply #2270 on: 17 Sep 2017, 01:45 pm »
So is 2.36 now officially available?

Is it the last upgrade Manic Moose will see?

Hoiman

« Reply #2271 on: 17 Sep 2017, 02:02 pm »
So is 2.36 now officially available?

Just tried an update but still S2.34 2017-06-20 version.

OTM

« Reply #2272 on: 17 Sep 2017, 02:12 pm »
Just tried an update but still S2.34 2017-06-20 version.

Need to use beta version for latest
See Chris's reply #2242
David

Hoiman

« Reply #2273 on: 17 Sep 2017, 02:29 pm »
The question is not about the beta, so that's why I answered with my comment  :D

OTM

« Reply #2274 on: 17 Sep 2017, 04:27 pm »
The question is not about the beta, so that's why I answered with my comment  :D

You are right I  did not clearly read the comment  :duh:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2275 on: 18 Sep 2017, 03:52 pm »
Need to use beta version for latest
See Chris's reply #2242
David

S2.36 is just getting the final touches before official release, either this week or next week.  It'll likely see weekly updates into October due to the nature of the new features.  Manic Moose has rough guide that we made available in August, see here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=151871.0, it outlines our intentions for the firmware

Chris

Pundamilia

« Reply #2276 on: 21 Sep 2017, 04:13 am »
Number of Songs? Does the value for Number of Songs as indicated on the System panel reflect the number of ACTUAL songs (i.e. playable files) or the total number of files (including folders, cover images, booklets, etc.)?  :scratch:

Thanks

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2277 on: 21 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm »
Number of Songs? Does the value for Number of Songs as indicated on the System panel reflect the number of ACTUAL songs (i.e. playable files) or the total number of files (including folders, cover images, booklets, etc.)?  :scratch:

Thanks

Maximum playlist length, you can attach as many files as you want to the unit

Marius

« Reply #2278 on: 21 Sep 2017, 01:00 pm »
HI Chris,

Does a Database Crash have anything to do with the user space? I have plenty left of the latter but DB keeps crashing at 37% procent.

When clicking the Crash notification in Dashboard an album is shown. What is the meaning of that? Is the album in error, or is it the last album indexed maybe. Also, i would love to be able to exactly see which album that is, or rather which file it is. There are several albums with the same title, but spread over the filesystem/library, and it is quite cumbersome to have to search and find them manually. Could you have the error notification include the complete filename please?

Thanks
Marius

btw the new Whats New is quite cool! Great new functionality, albeit very graphic. Could maybe do with the addition of the nice listing like before, like on http://support.bryston.com/site/?firmware.

Pundamilia

« Reply #2279 on: 21 Sep 2017, 01:30 pm »
Maximum playlist length, you can attach as many files as you want to the unit

@Chris/unincognito

Just to be clear then, it is NOT a count of the number of songs that have been added to the database?