Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

mrderrick

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1680 on: 9 Apr 2016, 12:51 am »
Hopefully someone can comment on an issue that I have been experiencing intermittently with my BDP-1.
Every now and then, the display on the BDP-1 locks onto a music track title, my play list keeps playing in order but the display stays on the same track.
Any suggested fix?

Norton

« Reply #1681 on: 9 Apr 2016, 10:54 am »
Chris

Are there any operating notes to go with (what I understand  to be) the memory play options from the prev and next buttons on front panel?

I have resumed using my BDP2 with an Plextor BD drive, the basic play and ripping options seem much improved now and I can also get  the memory play functions working too, but the latter only works for the first disc after startup, hangs on the second or subsequent attempts.  I'm also that mystified why the folders that memory play adds to the media player seem to persist even after rebooting BDP.

Thanks

docder

« Reply #1682 on: 9 Apr 2016, 03:23 pm »
Hopefully someone can comment on an issue that I have been experiencing intermittently with my BDP-1.
Every now and then, the display on the BDP-1 locks onto a music track title, my play list keeps playing in order but the display stays on the same track.
Any suggested fix?

I usually find that refreshing the page from the browser url bar brings the mpd page back up to date.

docder

docder

« Reply #1683 on: 9 Apr 2016, 03:30 pm »
How do we update the firmware to the latest beta? I am currently running 2016-02-08 which per bdp-2 seems to be the latest stable release. Is there a different way to update to beta release?
Thx

James posted this in another thread recently,

Quote from: docder on  4 Apr 2016, 05:08 pm
Hi James,

I'm using MM software and happy with it. Could I ask, how does one get hold of the beta versions.

docder

Go to your browser and load MM. Then go to Update Firmware at the bottom of Dashboard and hit there.

The when the update software loads at the top of the browser add #beta to the end and hit enter.

This will load the beta version for you to try

James

docder

Krutsch

« Reply #1684 on: 10 Apr 2016, 03:09 am »
Album art issue: I finally have determined why some of my albums are not displaying thumbnails in the Artists View:

Any Artist Name or Album Title with an apostrophe (or single quote: ' ) fails to display in Artists View.

I went through and found a number of albums without thumbnails being displayed, yet found bdp_front_44 and _250 images in their respective folders; images that are correctly sized and display the correct album art.

After trying a number of things, like re-embedding scaled images, resetting the DB, et al., I noticed that all of the albums failing to display had this characteristic. So, I went through my entire collection in the Artists view and, yes, I can't find a single album that is displaying artwork with the above pattern, but almost every other album *is* displaying artwork. I did find some albums without embedded artwork, but even with a folder.jpg, nothing displays in the browser.

Some examples:

Grateful Dead: American Beauty (OK), Working Man's Dead (nope), History Of The Grateful Dead Vol. 1 (Bear's Choice) (nope)

Jethro Tull: Aqualung (OK), Benefit (OK), ... , A Passion Play The Château d'Hérouville Sessions (nope)

Lou Reed: Rock 'n' Roll Animal (nope)

Oasis: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (nope), Definitely Maybe (OK), Oasis MTV Unplugged (OK), Time Flies... 1994-2009 (OK)

Erich Kunzel: Beethoven: Wellington's Victory; Liszt: Battle Of The Huns (nope), Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture, Capriccio Italien, Etc (OK)

There are some others failing to update, like: Sinéad O'Connor, Osmo Vänskä and a couple of others that have hashtags in the album titles, but the vast majority fit the above pattern.

You're Welcome  :thumb:

Marius

« Reply #1685 on: 10 Apr 2016, 07:08 am »
Hi Krutsch,

Do you see album art in default view with those files?
I've tried some of your examples, and then some, images are displayed in default view without exception.

Btw, has the 'hold back-button' (Go to root of folder) functionality disappeared? Doesn't work anymore on MM mobile.

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #1686 on: 10 Apr 2016, 07:11 am »
Hi Chris
How can we leave out the tip showing on each and every load of the homepage please?

I've had a full screen shortcut on the homepage for ages, and MM still keeps asking....

Marius

Marius

« Reply #1687 on: 10 Apr 2016, 08:07 am »
anyone else has issues getting into Settings on Mobile (iPhone) MM?

Only way for me right know to reach the MM settings menu, is by entering through my desktop apps. Chrome, Safari and Firefox all halt on mobile. Only killing and reloading the app relives it again, no refresh of the page possible.

Maybe it has to do with the Add blocking apps I've installed on the iPhone, didn't check yet. Still, its adding to the frustrating experience MM Mobile gives right now.

Only using MPOD/PAd and desktop lately.

Marius

Marius

« Reply #1688 on: 10 Apr 2016, 11:51 am »
talking about editing tags and digital files...

Bought the new Johannes Passion on Harmonia Mundi SACD http://store.harmoniamundi.com/bach-st-john-s-passion.html and was pleasantly surprised it included a free digital 24 bit download of the recording. Always felt SACD should include that, but this is a first.
This is what it looks like though:

Sunday well spent  :?

[/size][size=78%]Cheers,[/size]
[/size]Marius[size=78%]

[/size][size=78%] [/size][size=78%]

The Sandman

• The Admin Zone
« Reply #1689 on: 10 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm »
I'm running the stable version and I'm suddenly having an issue where the "Firmware Upgrade Available" notice pops up on my dashboard but there is in fact no new version available when I try to upgrade. Going through the upgrade process doesn't change anything - same version, same upgrade message a few days later.

OTM

« Reply #1690 on: 10 Apr 2016, 01:13 pm »
anyone else has issues getting into Settings on Mobile (iPhone) MM?

Only way for me right know to reach the MM settings menu, is by entering through my desktop apps. Chrome, Safari and Firefox all halt on mobile. Only killing and reloading the app relives it again, no refresh of the page possible.

Maybe it has to do with the Add blocking apps I've installed on the iPhone, didn't check yet. Still, its adding to the frustrating experience MM Mobile gives right now.

Only using MPOD/PAd and desktop lately.

Marius

Hi
No problem getting into settings using iphone5
David
BDP-2

S2.25 2016-04-05
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.12 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

Krutsch

« Reply #1691 on: 10 Apr 2016, 01:42 pm »
Hi Krutsch,

I've tried some of your examples, and then some, images are displayed in default view without exception.

Btw, has the 'hold back-button' (Go to root of folder) functionality disappeared? Doesn't work anymore on MM mobile.

Cheers,
Marius

Yes. In default view, during playback, I always see album art. What I am describing refers to issues in artist view with the thumbnails.

Marius

« Reply #1692 on: 10 Apr 2016, 05:26 pm »
Hi,

Do you use any blocking tools? Adblocker by f-secure, Blocker, Crystal?
Mine is a BDP1 btw, maybe that's more limited in html traffic , i do see a lot of the -1 (websockets according to Chris)

Cheers,
Marius

Hi
No problem getting into settings using iphone5
David
BDP-2

S2.25 2016-04-05
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.12 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

OTM

« Reply #1693 on: 10 Apr 2016, 05:44 pm »
Hi
No add blocking tools on iPhone or iPad
Regards
David

Krutsch

« Reply #1694 on: 11 Apr 2016, 07:02 pm »
Hi Krutsch,

Marius,

So, in your example, do you see any thumbnails displayed in the 'Artist View' for this album?

Ken

Marius

« Reply #1695 on: 11 Apr 2016, 07:10 pm »
Hi Ken (sorry for the Krutsch before, didn't know),

I got so frustrated by Artist view before, i disabled it. Tried it again when Chris changed into using BrystonDB, but it didn't work. My library is too large.

It really is too bad, because before MM, i had my album art available, even as wallpaper.. ;) Don't remember the name for that anymore.

To cut it short: i don't use Artist view. It never worked for me.
Only browse the filemanager/finder way in default view, which resembles my way of going through my physical library best.
Or, i use Mpad/Pod.

I am a bit reluctant to try the Bryston DB again, because resetting it is such a hassle with an extensive library, and i always forget the order. reset, save, deselect, reboot. I wish it were a bit easier to setup.

Cheers,
Marius

Marius,

So, in your example, do you see any thumbnails displayed in the 'Artist View' for this album?

Ken

Krutsch

« Reply #1696 on: 11 Apr 2016, 07:14 pm »
^^ OK, sorry to hear that and thanks for the reply.

Ken

vonnie123

« Reply #1697 on: 11 Apr 2016, 09:44 pm »
I gave up on the Bryston DB.  It freezes, or when it runs to 100 percent, it gives a corrupted message.  Manic Moose works for basic functions - it's too bad another off the shelf program can't be supplied and adapted with improved functionality.

Krutsch

« Reply #1698 on: 11 Apr 2016, 09:54 pm »
I gave up on the Bryston DB.  It freezes, or when it runs to 100 percent, it gives a corrupted message.  Manic Moose works for basic functions - it's too bad another off the shelf program can't be supplied and adapted with improved functionality.

There are viable options, like Volumio.org, but Bryston has chosen its path. It has gotten WAY better from a year ago, but it has some distance to travel and I find it unusable on an iPad or phone.

I am patiently waiting hoping for Roon Bridge to materialize on the BDP, in which case it will be settled for me and I can purchase a second BDP for my living room. Alternatively, I am optimistic with what I've seen with Soundirok and am waiting for the next update, in which case I will stick with MPD playback.

The BDP sounds so nice, IMO, that's it worth the wait for me to see how this unfolds, but I am holding off on any further purchases until this settles.

vonnie123

« Reply #1699 on: 12 Apr 2016, 06:23 am »
There are viable options, like Volumio.org, but Bryston has chosen its path. It has gotten WAY better from a year ago, but it has some distance to travel and I find it unusable on an iPad or phone.

I am patiently waiting hoping for Roon Bridge to materialize on the BDP, in which case it will be settled for me and I can purchase a second BDP for my living room. Alternatively, I am optimistic with what I've seen with Soundirok and am waiting for the next update, in which case I will stick with MPD playback.

The BDP sounds so nice, IMO, that's it worth the wait for me to see how this unfolds, but I am holding off on any further purchases until this settles.

I'm in the same boat.  I really like the Roon Tidal combo and hope the BDP can be used as an end point.  If not, probably will pick up something from Sonore.  No hurry since for now I can use the BDP-1 as a squeeze player or with MPad.  I looked at the Soundirok app, and didn't have much luck with it, especially with the artwork.  Found Roon about then, and shelved playing with Soundirok.  My network skills admittedly need some work.