Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1180 on: 9 Oct 2015, 08:43 pm »
Its just that i can't optionally select a subfolder. It isn't presented as an option in the extra dropdown box as shown in your video.

If you place it I service mode and email me te service id I can see why and may lead to a fix

ttsto

« Reply #1181 on: 9 Oct 2015, 09:00 pm »
Chris,

Im trying the squeezebox functionality and the Squeezebox iOS app.

Squeezeslave won't stick in settings. I can select it and start/stop, it briefly turns on but  then quickly turns off again.
Squeezelite will stay on, but the app won't see it.
I don't have a logitech squeezebox, but was led to believe the services emulate this on the local network ?

would i have to deselect any of the other services (dlna, shairplay) , for memory sake?
Cheers,
Marius
Hi Marius
To use Squeezebox you need to have Squeezebox server installed on your NAS, where music library is. The server will see the BDP as a network player. The IOS app is just a remote control
Hope this helps

Rod_S

« Reply #1182 on: 9 Oct 2015, 09:16 pm »
Wow this is frustrating. I did clear the cache and that didn't make any difference. Some of the numbering seems to be a result of the tag data. So I changed my mp3 and 96/24 flac tags to follow the way my CD tags are to make things consistent and in some cases it made things look like the 44.1/16 (CD) album but not so in others so there seems to be some flaky stuff going on with how the tag data is being used. Also some albums simply are not showing up at all in Artist view and in the default view --> Album Artist section. Everything is always viewable in Default view when I actually browse my NAS by the folder structure or if I choose the Artist folder off of the default view.

Marius

« Reply #1183 on: 9 Oct 2015, 09:22 pm »
i see,
thought the renderer setting on the BDP did that. :duh:

Ill try to find it then and see what happens. This should be it?

Thanks,
Marius

Hi Marius
To use Squeezebox you need to have Squeezebox server installed on your NAS, where music library is. The server will see the BDP as a network player. The IOS app is just a remote control
Hope this helps

Marius

« Reply #1184 on: 9 Oct 2015, 09:22 pm »
If you place it I service mode and email me te service id I can see why and may lead to a fix
mail sent!, thanks Chris

ttsto

« Reply #1185 on: 10 Oct 2015, 11:11 am »
Yes, Marius, this is the server. If you use NAS there are also specific packages instead.

Marius

« Reply #1186 on: 10 Oct 2015, 11:51 am »
Ok i will dl and install. cant find the specs so let me ask you: will this support 24bit hi res flac's and wav's?
I ask because the shairplay seems not to (as doesn't airplay) and im trying to find an easy way of rendering the flags on my NAs over the BDP. And doing so, relieving the BDP of the usb tasks.

Cheers,
Marius

Yes, Marius, this is the server. If you use NAS there are also specific packages instead.

Marius

« Reply #1187 on: 10 Oct 2015, 02:12 pm »
So i got the squeezelite renderer to work fine, just like the Shairplay before.

Whats missing though is some kind of visual feedback in MM and the frontpanel of what's playing. Chris is it correct that's not showing right now? if so, could you implement that?

Cheers,
Marius

Rod_S

« Reply #1188 on: 10 Oct 2015, 03:53 pm »
What particular artist tags are being used when doing the searches such as "artist steve vai"?

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #1189 on: 10 Oct 2015, 04:30 pm »
Upgraded to 2.18 2015-09-2015

I actually like version 2.16 and would like to go back if possible.
When I leave the MPD page in Safari to read another tab and go back to the MPD tab later the page never refreshes. In 2.16 , the controls  would refresh in a second or so. Now everything is locked up and frozen.
Also in 2.16 when I swiped a song off the playlist , it was removed immediately . Now it takes aabout 15 seconds to go away. Inconvenient. If these aren't going to be fixed, is there a way to go back to verions 2.16?
Thanks

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1190 on: 10 Oct 2015, 05:12 pm »
Upgraded to 2.18 2015-09-2015

I actually like version 2.16 and would like to go back if possible.
When I leave the MPD page in Safari to read another tab and go back to the MPD tab later the page never refreshes. In 2.16 , the controls  would refresh in a second or so. Now everything is locked up and frozen.
Also in 2.16 when I swiped a song off the playlist , it was removed immediately . Now it takes aabout 15 seconds to go away. Inconvenient. If these aren't going to be fixed, is there a way to go back to verions 2.16?
Thanks

We had to make some changes to BDP-1's that would actually lock up due to the software that automatically re-establishes communication between BDP and browser.  Assuming you mean the web interface is no longer responding and your using a BDP-1 then this is normal and should be resolvable just refreshing the page.

The second item, well I havn't noticed that myself, removing a song seems relatively quick, within a second or two.

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache?  Witch browser and OS combination are you using?

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #1191 on: 10 Oct 2015, 11:24 pm »
I'm using Safari Ipad iOS 9.0.2

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1192 on: 11 Oct 2015, 12:04 am »
I'm using Safari Ipad iOS 9.0.2

Approximately how many songs in the playlist usually and which ipad model?

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #1193 on: 11 Oct 2015, 01:06 am »
I have a bigger problem now after clearing the cache
The player won't respond. I'm getting a message "MPD doesn't appear to be responding"
Tried re-booting and not working
can you help me?
thanks

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #1194 on: 11 Oct 2015, 01:23 am »
ok I resolved that, whew
I'm using iPad 2 I think
I have about 10000 songs

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #1195 on: 11 Oct 2015, 01:24 am »
usually no more that a dozen songs in the playlist

Marius

« Reply #1196 on: 12 Oct 2015, 08:28 pm »
HI Chris,

Experimenting with the settings in MM, i disabled the USB Mount, and try to only play form my Nas shares. However, the BDP keeps displaying my usb-drives plugged into the BDP, both front and back.
Also, i think it still counts the Number of Songs, displayed on Settings/system from these usb drives.

Do i need to reset something? or is this a bug.

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1197 on: 12 Oct 2015, 10:01 pm »
HI Chris,

Experimenting with the settings in MM, i disabled the USB Mount, and try to only play form my Nas shares. However, the BDP keeps displaying my usb-drives plugged into the BDP, both front and back.
Also, i think it still counts the Number of Songs, displayed on Settings/system from these usb drives.

Do i need to reset something? or is this a bug.

Cheers,
Marius

Turning off USB mount doesn't unmount the drives, it simple turns off the software responsible for mount and unmounting the drives.  If you wish to ensure your playing purely from your NAS, unplug the drives, reboot, update the mod database.

Cheers
Chris

Rod_S

« Reply #1198 on: 12 Oct 2015, 10:10 pm »
I just upgraded my iPad to the latest iOS and noticed that if I navigate away from MM and come back it no longer updates where you are in the song list. I'm in default view. I have to reclick default view to get things back on track.

In a future release would their be any chance on implementing a few different sort order choices? For example in Artist View it would be nice to switch from the current alphabetical to say release date. I always like to have my albums ordered by release date.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1199 on: 12 Oct 2015, 10:31 pm »
I just upgraded my iPad to the latest iOS and noticed that if I navigate away from MM and come back it no longer updates where you are in the song list. I'm in default view. I have to reclick default view to get things back on track.

In a future release would their be any chance on implementing a few different sort order choices? For example in Artist View it would be nice to switch from the current alphabetical to say release date. I always like to have my albums ordered by release date.

I can look into using the date and adding it to the list of things to sort by.  I just upgraded an iPad 2 to iOS9 to test other issues recently posted and can't say I noticed that problem on either the BDP-1 or 2.  Do you have the same problem from a computer or other device? 

Cheers
Chris