Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Falldog

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #680 on: 18 Jul 2014, 01:19 am »
Running the recent upgrade S2.05 2014-07-11.
Looks like IP Address display issue is fixed.  But IP Gateway address display remains blank.
Looks like the Max Playlist Length issue is fixed and can go beyond 300.  In the previous version, I had it set to 500, but could only build Playlist with default setting of 300 songs.  I was able to build a new playlist today with 500 songs.  Will bump it up to 700 and try again...once i consume the current list.

Can I do anything to reset the Artist view?  Currently, my Artist view does NOT show all my Artists...and cover art is missing from most of what is shown. 

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #681 on: 18 Jul 2014, 01:44 am »
Running the recent upgrade S2.05 2014-07-11.
Looks like IP Address display issue is fixed.  But IP Gateway address display remains blank.
Looks like the Max Playlist Length issue is fixed and can go beyond 300.  In the previous version, I had it set to 500, but could only build Playlist with default setting of 300 songs.  I was able to build a new playlist today with 500 songs.  Will bump it up to 700 and try again...once i consume the current list.

Can I do anything to reset the Artist view?  Currently, my Artist view does NOT show all my Artists...and cover art is missing from most of what is shown.

Adding or removing just one song will trigger a rebuild of the artist view.  Before rebuilding it you may wish to try and change the tag used from artist to album artist in the media player settings pain. 

Cheers
Chris

Falldog

« Reply #682 on: 18 Jul 2014, 01:52 am »
Are you talking about adding a song to the "Library"...like, I am in the midst of buying some new music from HD Tracks.  When done with the download from HD Tracks, I will Transfer some new Albums under existing artists, plus add a new artist.  Will that rebuild the Artist view of my entire collection?

I would like to use Artist view to build new PlayLists.  But Artist view does NOT list all my Artists.  Right now, I am using the Default View.

Thanks

MoPac

« Reply #683 on: 18 Jul 2014, 10:31 pm »
 Just got my BDP-2 today.  Sounds excellent.  :thumb:
Have a few questions concerning the update that requires the BDP to be put in service mode:

Should this be done during Bryston regular business hours?
 Do I eMail Technical Support with the service No.?
 When the BDP-2 is put in service mode from MM should that condition be reflected on the BDP display?
    In my case there was no indication on the display.

NOW
S2.04 2014-05-20

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #684 on: 18 Jul 2014, 11:20 pm »
Just got my BDP-2 today.  Sounds excellent.  :thumb:
Have a few questions concerning the update that requires the BDP to be put in service mode:

Should this be done during Bryston regular business hours?
 Do I eMail Technical Support with the service No.?
 When the BDP-2 is put in service mode from MM should that condition be reflected on the BDP display?
    In my case there was no indication on the display.

NOW
S2.04 2014-05-20

Hi

I will let Chris answer this for you.

james

keithjacksontucson

Problem displaying album art
« Reply #685 on: 20 Jul 2014, 05:39 am »
ok. my problem only happens when the Consume button is active.
Next album art will not display and the art will not display when starting a new
 song. Without the consume button active , everything works like it should.
I.E. When consume button is on, one artist cut ends and the next artist cut starts but new artwork
 is not displayed

R. Daneel

« Reply #686 on: 20 Jul 2014, 12:45 pm »
Hello!

Does Manic Moose support DSD playback on BDP-1?

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #687 on: 20 Jul 2014, 01:09 pm »
Hello!

Does Manic Moose support DSD playback on BDP-1?

Cheers!
Antun

Yes as long as your DAC is USB 2 compliant.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #688 on: 20 Jul 2014, 01:45 pm »
Yes as long as your DAC is USB 2 compliant.

james

Thanks James!

I have a BDA-2 so I won't be able to make use of that feature anyway but I can't say I miss it.

Cheers!
Antun

MoPac

« Reply #689 on: 21 Jul 2014, 04:40 pm »
 The MM manual says to delete a playlist you drag it to the center of the screen.  This does not seem to work on the iPad.  Is there a way to do this on an iPad? :scratch:
  Thanks for any help, Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #690 on: 21 Jul 2014, 04:44 pm »
The MM manual says to delete a playlist you drag it to the center of the screen.  This does not seem to work on the iPad.  Is there a way to do this on an iPad? :scratch:
  Thanks for any help, Rich

Drag with your finger on the playlist  'Music Note' - it will turn red as you drag it to the center.

james

MoPac

« Reply #691 on: 21 Jul 2014, 05:18 pm »
Drag with your finger on the playlist  'Music Note' - it will turn red as you drag it to the center.

james

Hi James
 There's no music note on the playlist when displayed on the iPad.  When I try to drag the playlist it only shows "Copy | Define".  In other control point apps ( of course MM isn't an app ) you usually have to hold on the playlist at which point a menu pops up with options including Delete.  Maybe the drag thing can only be done at a computer.  That would be a bummer as my control point is the iPad.  A noisy laptop is the last thing I want in the music room.
 I would use MPAD if the album art would show like it does in MM, but alas it doesn't seem to use the "Local" art files no matter what I name them.

Thanks, Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #692 on: 21 Jul 2014, 05:56 pm »
Hi James
 There's no music note on the playlist when displayed on the iPad.  When I try to drag the playlist it only shows "Copy | Define".  In other control point apps ( of course MM isn't an app ) you usually have to hold on the playlist at which point a menu pops up with options including Delete.  Maybe the drag thing can only be done at a computer.  That would be a bummer as my control point is the iPad.  A noisy laptop is the last thing I want in the music room.
 I would use MPAD if the album art would show like it does in MM, but alas it doesn't seem to use the "Local" art files no matter what I name them.

Thanks, Rich

Hi Rich

Somethings up as I have the IPAD MINI in my office and the drag and drop works fine.  What version of MM are you running?

james

MoPac

« Reply #693 on: 21 Jul 2014, 06:07 pm »
 Just updated to the latest MM today.  Mine is an iPad 2.
Rich

Weird.  I had created a shortcut on the iPad for MM.  Got rid of that and used "Safari Bookmarks" to open MM.  The musical notes are now there.  Drag works and it turns red, but the one I want to get rid of is "Top40" which won't go away.  Is that a Playlist created by the BDP?  I'm more of a Bottom 40 kind of guy.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #694 on: 21 Jul 2014, 06:59 pm »
Rich

Weird.  I had created a shortcut on the iPad for MM.  Got rid of that and used "Safari Bookmarks" to open MM.  The musical notes are now there.  Drag works and it turns red, but the one I want to get rid of is "Top40" which won't go away.  Is that a Playlist created by the BDP?  I'm more of a Bottom 40 kind of guy.

Yes the TOP 40 is just a list created by the BDP as you play your music and the top 40 played will show up.

james

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #695 on: 21 Jul 2014, 08:08 pm »
Rich

Ha! Yeah, I'm kind of a bottom 40 kind of guy too!

MoPac

« Reply #696 on: 21 Jul 2014, 09:51 pm »
Chris:
This is on an iPad2
 Just got the new MM version today so I'm up to date.  I was playing an album with the art showing OK.  Then I cleared the playlist and began another album.  For the first track of the second album the art from the first album showed.  When the second track started the correct art loaded.

Also if I am looking at another tab on Safari while music is playing then go back to the MM tab to have a look the counter is locked up.  The only way to get the screen synced again is to go to "Dashboard" or change the playlist view from the right side then go back to "Media Player".  This behavior is consistent.

I see great potential in this control point.  Keep up the good work.

Lovin' the sound...Rich

gdayton-  Us bottom 40 guys gotta' stick together!
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2014, 12:12 am by MoPac »

CraigS720

« Reply #697 on: 21 Jul 2014, 09:58 pm »
I'm having some problems with my new BDP-2. In the Manic Moose software, i put a list of songs together. It plays just fine but the album art never changes when it goes to the next song and sometimes the name of the song doesn't change either. I am using an iPad 3. The same is true on the display on the BDP-2 itself. It gets stuck on the same song even though it indeed plays the next song.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Craig

keithjacksontucson

Artwork not changing
« Reply #698 on: 21 Jul 2014, 10:24 pm »
Ditto the previous two writers. Glitch is better without the consume button activated
Hope it gets fixed . This version is much better than MAX 2 and MPAD

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #699 on: 23 Jul 2014, 12:42 am »
I'm having some problems with my new BDP-2. In the Manic Moose software, i put a list of songs together. It plays just fine but the album art never changes when it goes to the next song and sometimes the name of the song doesn't change either. I am using an iPad 3. The same is true on the display on the BDP-2 itself. It gets stuck on the same song even though it indeed plays the next song.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Craig

There are a number of issues like this that have been or are being fixed, please post the firmware revision your running when describing these issues.

Cheers
Chris