Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

EJS73

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #660 on: 12 Jul 2014, 06:57 pm »
Noticed 2.05 is available, but the release notes are bit cryptic: does the BDP2 need to be in service mode to have this update applied?

EJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #661 on: 12 Jul 2014, 07:17 pm »
Noticed 2.05 is available, but the release notes are bit cryptic: does the BDP2 need to be in service mode to have this update applied?

EJ

Hi EJ

Yes I believe so - I will check with Chris but as of Monday next we hope to have our own server up and running so going forward from this update you will be communicating with the Bryston server directly.

james

RonCH

« Reply #662 on: 13 Jul 2014, 01:40 pm »
Hi Chris,

Are you still planning to have a 'Recently Added Music' playlist on the BDP?   This is a feature that I'd really like. 

Thanks

Ron

Falldog

« Reply #663 on: 15 Jul 2014, 01:08 am »
Got the upgrade to S2.05 2014-07-11.  Network Interfaces shows proper IP Address and Subnet mask for the BDP-2, but now the Gateway Address is not listed at all.  Artist view is sill not showing ALL my Artists and very little cover art.  Have not tried to build a Play List beyond 300 songs yet.  Will try later.

Wim J

« Reply #664 on: 15 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm »
My BDP-1 was also updated to S2.05 2014-07-11. I put the BDP-1 in service mode, sent the service ID to Bryston and mailed Chris and asked for the update. Et Voila,.... ! Thanks Chris  :thumb: .  Did not have the time to play lots of music files.

Marius

« Reply #665 on: 15 Jul 2014, 12:42 pm »
+1!
thank you sir!
M
My BDP-1 was also updated to S2.05 2014-07-11. I put the BDP-1 in service mode, sent the service ID to Bryston and mailed Chris and asked for the update. Et Voila,.... ! Thanks Chris  :thumb: .  Did not have the time to play lots of music files.

Spyman

« Reply #666 on: 15 Jul 2014, 03:57 pm »
I did the same thing....put the BDP-1 in service mode, emailed Chris, and all of a sudden, I've got the new firmware. Thanks, Chris!

ttsto

« Reply #667 on: 15 Jul 2014, 06:51 pm »
I also updated and it was done quickly and without problems. I hope from now on will be fully automated procedure.

I see MM firmware works fine with BDP-1, however the web interface is rather unresponsive. I do not suffer as I use it only for settings, for remote music interface I use Cantata or MPDroid

mr_bill

« Reply #668 on: 15 Jul 2014, 07:06 pm »
What are you emailing Chris that allows him to do the MM software update remotely?

ttsto

« Reply #669 on: 15 Jul 2014, 07:24 pm »
I did the update from LL to MM by myself one week ago, replacing flash card as per procedure described in first post
Two days ago a new update of MM appears with instructions to put the BDP in service mode and email tech support the code indicated by service mode screen.

/
S2.05 2014-07-11
Firmware Updates
Fixes issue with recent changes made on hosting server
If your running firmware older then this you will need to place your BDP into service mode and email bryston your service id to have the firmware applied.
Manual, page 25 Services / Service Mode
Bryston Tech Support
/

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #670 on: 16 Jul 2014, 12:50 am »
It means just that, place the BDP into service mode as outlined on page 25 of the manic moose manual and email us the service id along with your request/problem, in this case help upgrading the firmware.

Cheers
Chris

mr_bill

« Reply #671 on: 16 Jul 2014, 04:27 am »
There is no way to put my BDP-1 into service mode.  I must be running an older firmware and there is not an option to put my player into Service Mode. S1.48 07-25-12
The Manic Moose manual doesn't help either.
Chris can you please help me.

EJS73

« Reply #672 on: 16 Jul 2014, 07:35 pm »
My BDP-2 was updated within minutes of sending an e-mail... excellent service!

EJ

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #673 on: 17 Jul 2014, 12:53 am »
There is no way to put my BDP-1 into service mode.  I must be running an older firmware and there is not an option to put my player into Service Mode. S1.48 07-25-12
The Manic Moose manual doesn't help either.
Chris can you please help me.

See if anything in the linked document helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqshefatg2kg5ef/Loony%20Loon%20Firmware%20Upgrading%20Difficulties.pdf

Otherwise you could reflash the cf card following these instructions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rxtxpgjysdkbzk/BDP%20image%20Windows.pdf

Otherwise you can contact us directly for additional options.

Cheers
Chrjs

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #674 on: 17 Jul 2014, 03:31 am »
Downloaded firmware successfully. Works fairly well.
The album cover doesn't show on the media player when playing a song
Sometime the artwork shows when I click on the second or greater song on the playlist
while it's playing. Never had that problem on Max or Max2
better interface in spite of bugs

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #675 on: 17 Jul 2014, 05:42 am »
Now that I've had more time with the new MPD,  I like it a lot.
I especially like the IPAD interface and the way songs are moved or deleted. Very nice.
Much faster loading, easier to use, more lines to read the stored music, which is great for classical.

Still have the album art problem

tomsenko

« Reply #676 on: 17 Jul 2014, 08:56 am »
Hello!

I am having severe problems in using my NAS (3TB WD MybookLiveDuo) drive with the Manic Moose. The library is updated with only a small fraction of the NAS contents. The BDP1 shows "U" all the time and continues to do so after restart. In the process of restarting it shows "INSTALLING MPD". I never had such issues with the previous firmware.

Has anyone else had similar problems? It looks like I will have to revert to the previous firmware.

Toms

Marius

« Reply #677 on: 17 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm »
Hey Chris,

Any reason all of a sudden these red highlighted entries show in de folder-structure in Mediaplayer?

Cheers,
Marius

btw: had to reboot the bdp several times to get rid of the highlighted Update and U on the front display. Is the new firmware taking longer to update new albums?
btw2: scrolling makes the interface 'flicker' terribly. I get the feeling it has to do with the software being auto-adapting to the windows-size, seem to recognise is from one of my own sites....

keithjacksontucson

« Reply #678 on: 17 Jul 2014, 04:36 pm »
needs to be a trigger to show album art at the beginning of first cut.
Playing Bartok  Music For Strings and album art still showing Alison  Krauss.
Clicking on the second cut displays the correct album art.
Quirky

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #679 on: 17 Jul 2014, 09:18 pm »
Hi James

I would like to thank Mike and Chris for there great support in getting my BDP-1 up and running again. It seems that when I did a software update to Manic Moose for the BDP-1 the compact flash card did not partition correct. So a quick call to Chris and I was sent out a new card with the new software on it. I was able to install it my self and get the BDP-1 up and running again, It even works great from my Samsung 2 - 10” tablet just had to install Google Chrome Browser.

The music that I hear from the Bryston equipment is over whelming clear, detailed, and with the feeling of being there. I am able to sit back, close my eyes and enjoy!

Thanks again for the great support and I very proud I bough your equipment.

I own these Bryston produce: 14BSST², BP26 Preamplifier, MPS-2 Power Supply, BCD-1 CD Player, BDA-1 External DAC, BDP-1 Digital Player, along with a Torus 20 Power Conditioner, Transparent Super Audio Cables and B&W 703 Speakers.  I hope to add a set of Bryston speakers in the near future.

Larry Stevenson