Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #580 on: 9 Jun 2014, 04:15 pm »
Manic Moose requires a browser that support web sockets, so that mean 1st generation iPads and iPhone 3gS (older) won't run new enough versions of iOS to supports it.  You can still run mPod and mPad for control, but also keep in mind that the official minimum requirement for this app is also iOS 6 so reliability and availability may vary.  On the Android side you will need at least Android 4.2 or newer, olders versions of android may work we just haven't tested anything between 3.2 and 4.2; 3.2 doesn't work.

The following browsers available for Windows, Mac and Linux have been tested
Internet Explorer 11 or greater,
Google Chrome 35 or greater,
Apple Safari 5.1.2 or greater,
Firefox 29 or greater,
Opera 12.6 or greater

Although we have tested these browsers they may have there own unique glitches.

Ad-blocker plugins have also been known to interfere with the web interfaces ability to operate as well, this is still being looked into.

Cheers,
Chris

werd

« Reply #581 on: 9 Jun 2014, 04:46 pm »
Chris

I think you are doing a good job. People are use to getting software after beta. I know its been Bryston's intent to have the people who use the BDP to help form it.  So we have a whole community in a pre-release software  state. We are at a point where the Software is close to done and ready. And there is probably a lot of people taxing your uploads. I never expected completely packaged but right before. Which is about now. So I am completely OK with waiting out the bugs.

werd

« Reply #582 on: 9 Jun 2014, 05:51 pm »
I wonder trying updating it in Safe mode or scorched might work. Can't try until I'm done doing the tunes.

drummermitchell

« Reply #583 on: 9 Jun 2014, 08:48 pm »
Chris,
Curious as to know with the deleting songs on the left side playlist(click n drag)which works great.
Can we also or will be able to click and drag from the right side to replace that deleted song in the same place,thx.

BigGeek

« Reply #584 on: 9 Jun 2014, 10:05 pm »
A simple solution is to use a Netgear Wifi to Ethernet adapter http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx.  It easily adapts anything with an ethernet port to your Wifi network.  I have been using one with my BDP-1 for over 3 years and also use one with my TV and a non Wifi computer.  Simple to configure and works perfectly. 

Tony

The WNCE 2001 is what I have been using without any issues. I have been tricked into thinking that it wasn't working; but it was always something else at fault. It just works every time for me.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #585 on: 10 Jun 2014, 01:33 am »
Chris,
Curious as to know with the deleting songs on the left side playlist(click n drag)which works great.
Can we also or will be able to click and drag from the right side to replace that deleted song in the same place,thx.

I might be able to make that happen, jquery, the magic that makes these drag and drop features possible should allow for this.  I'll take a look into this tomorrow when I start working in the firmware again.

Cheers
Chris

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #586 on: 11 Jun 2014, 05:04 am »
I love how easy it is to store a playlist in MM. I'd like to suggest that if a user tries to store songs to an existing playlist, it will offer the option of overwriting the current list or appending it. Or, even append by default.
-Gary

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #587 on: 13 Jun 2014, 02:38 pm »
Hi James

Since I installed MM, I've had greater control over my network shares, I can use whomever's USB DACs now, and the Squeezebox feature is a great idea.

The new web browser interface is also very intuitive.  :thumb:

JD

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #588 on: 14 Jun 2014, 12:54 am »
I sent Chris an email, but thought I'd ask here in case anyone who's been using/testing Manic Moose can offer some insight.

I put my BDP-2 into service mode and emailed Chris the number. I've left the BDP on. About a day later, I happened to check the BDP web interface and saw the service number had changed. So I turned service mode off and back on. Since then, I've been unable to get a service number. The front panel indicates service mode is off while the web interface indicates that service mode is on.

I've tried rebooting, powering down and back up, and a factory reset. I have an internal SSD installed with my music and a small USB flash drive (32 GB) installed as the scratch drive. BDP is hardwired to my internet connection. I've not made any changes to my networking system. Firmware is MM from 6-8-14.

Elescher

« Reply #589 on: 16 Jun 2014, 08:03 am »
Latest MM is looking good.

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #590 on: 16 Jun 2014, 05:55 pm »
Hi All,

Here's a link to a folder containing user's manuals which I hope to keep reasonably up to date as Chris continues to make changes to the firmware. Let me know if there is information you think is missing or if particular explanations are unclear. Thanks all!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/54y93ha7jlieegp/AABY4SZlLVaMAC9kgHf8CKAia

David Cutler

« Reply #591 on: 16 Jun 2014, 07:54 pm »
With Loony Loon you could change the password for the BRYSTON user. 

With Manic Moose I can't find an option to change it.

Is this intended functionality?

Cheers,

David

werd

« Reply #592 on: 16 Jun 2014, 10:47 pm »
Hi Grit

Chris may be able to connect remotely and help.  The fall back position is we can send you a preloaded Flashcard with MM installed.

james

I'm going to take you up on that since I've had zero success with this update. I use the alternative bin method and it seems to update and restart to LL.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #593 on: 17 Jun 2014, 01:18 am »
With Loony Loon you could change the password for the BRYSTON user. 

With Manic Moose I can't find an option to change it.

Is this intended functionality?

Cheers,

David

Although manic moose does contain many features and improvements not found in loony loon we are still missing a handful of features like changing the default password.  Currently we have been concentrating on playback features like editing the current playlist.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #594 on: 17 Jun 2014, 01:19 am »
I sent Chris an email, but thought I'd ask here in case anyone who's been using/testing Manic Moose can offer some insight.

I put my BDP-2 into service mode and emailed Chris the number. I've left the BDP on. About a day later, I happened to check the BDP web interface and saw the service number had changed. So I turned service mode off and back on. Since then, I've been unable to get a service number. The front panel indicates service mode is off while the web interface indicates that service mode is on.

I've tried rebooting, powering down and back up, and a factory reset. I have an internal SSD installed with my music and a small USB flash drive (32 GB) installed as the scratch drive. BDP is hardwired to my internet connection. I've not made any changes to my networking system. Firmware is MM from 6-8-14.

It was down over the weekend for maintenance, should be back up; please email the service Id along with a description of the problem.

Cheers
Chris

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #595 on: 20 Jun 2014, 11:29 am »
Hi Folks

If you have downloaded the latest firmware of Manic Moose software with the BRADIO feature check out Vinyl Ears - it streams at 320 and plays only Vinyl Records  :thumb:

It's located under ROCk then All Rock Stations and is a fair way down the list of stations - look for 320 in the Bit list.

James

Marius

« Reply #596 on: 20 Jun 2014, 11:58 am »
Hi Chris

My bdp1 becomes unresponsive with the latest firmware after a longer period of inactivity, even with watchdog enabled.

Only a hard reset helps.

Cheers
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #597 on: 20 Jun 2014, 12:36 pm »
Also try 3001 The Very Best of Classic Rock -under Rock as well at 320

James

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #598 on: 20 Jun 2014, 01:42 pm »
Nice firmware update including BRadio!

However it seems like Media Player ignores marquee scrolling setting now. song info scrolls even when the box is not checked. New bug?
-Gary
edit: Even though it remains unchecked, if I open media player settings and simply click save, it quits scrolling. Still curious behavior.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #599 on: 21 Jun 2014, 05:26 pm »
Nice firmware update including BRadio!

However it seems like Media Player ignores marquee scrolling setting now. song info scrolls even when the box is not checked. New bug?
-Gary
edit: Even though it remains unchecked, if I open media player settings and simply click save, it quits scrolling. Still curious behavior.

Are you saying the scrolling feature breaks with just bRadio or both bRadio and playback of local files?

BRadio was intended that way

Cheers
Chris