Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

loopyground

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #560 on: 7 Jun 2014, 03:16 pm »
Gary,

Just press the "D" button in your key board and the playlist bar (left column) will turn red...then click the song you want to remove from playlist.

This maybe a silly question but how do I bring up a virtual keyboard on my iPad 2 when the red bar is diplayed in Manic Moose.  I can delete an item in my playlist when using my desktop with keyboard.  Any help would be appreciated.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #561 on: 7 Jun 2014, 03:28 pm »
This maybe a silly question but how do I bring up a virtual keyboard on my iPad 2 when the red bar is diplayed in Manic Moose.  I can delete an item in my playlist when using my desktop with keyboard.  Any help would be appreciated.

HI

The keypad is just for full computers - on the IPAD put you finger on the file and just DRAG it to the RIGHT and it will turn red and be deleted from the current playlist.

james

ezgoin51

« Reply #562 on: 7 Jun 2014, 04:45 pm »
Any timeline on being able to stream internet radio through the BPD-2? Maybe there is already a way to do this that I'm simply missing.
-Eric

loopyground

« Reply #563 on: 7 Jun 2014, 04:47 pm »
HI

The keypad is just for full computers - on the IPAD put you finger on the file and just DRAG it to the RIGHT and it will turn red and be deleted from the current playlist.

james

That works fine...... thanks for the info James.  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #564 on: 7 Jun 2014, 10:38 pm »
Hi Guys,

Some customer within the last week have been having difficulties upgrading there firmware, I have written an article on an alternative method for upgrading the firmware and troubleshooting the issue.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/DOCS/Loony%20Loon%20Firmware%20Upgrading%20Difficulties.pdf

Cheers,
Chris

Is this file only 9kb in size?

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #565 on: 7 Jun 2014, 10:51 pm »
Hi grit,

Sounds like for what ever reason your browser or BDP is just taking a really long time to load the appropriate data.  Placing your BDP into service mode and emailing me the service Id will allow us to track down the cause of the problem.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris. I've placed the BDP into service mode and emailed you the service ID. Do I need to leave the BDP powered on?

- Garrett

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #566 on: 7 Jun 2014, 10:58 pm »
Thanks Chris. I've placed the BDP into service mode and emailed you the service ID. Do I need to leave the BDP powered on?

- Garrett

Hi Garrett

Yes leave it powered on.

james

werd

« Reply #567 on: 7 Jun 2014, 11:43 pm »
When updating firmware from the usb for Manic Moose. Does the usb drive need to be in the bdp or can it read it off a usb in the computer?

werd

« Reply #568 on: 8 Jun 2014, 01:39 am »
Nvm I give up. Sticking with LL. might have to send it in to get updated and some new parts. This is buggier than the Battlefied 4'beta..

RonCH

« Reply #569 on: 8 Jun 2014, 09:26 am »
Hi Ron

Yes that is correct.

james

It does mean that MM takes a long time to bootup time. On the BDP-1 that means it's two and a half minutes before I have MPD access to the BDP.

RonCH

« Reply #570 on: 8 Jun 2014, 09:40 am »
Hi RonCH

How you evaluate MM over LL firmware on BDP1?
I appreciate the stability of LL firmware and responsiveness of BDP1 with this firmware, however MM have one feature that I would like to use, Replay Gain. Also I am curious to test Sqeezeslave as I am big fan of squeezebox server abilities, but I would rather give up this features if the new firmware will have impact on the performance and/or stability of BDP1

Thanks

I mostly access the BDP via MPD clients, so day to day I don't notice that much difference.  MM is stable and just as responsive as LL. It's just the bootup time which is longer.

That said access the BDP via it's web interface and the new firmware on the BDP makes it feel like a new product.  The web interface is great, and a huge improvement over LL. 

ozzy

« Reply #571 on: 8 Jun 2014, 03:16 pm »
I just installed the Manic Moose CF that PS sent to me.
The update has been going on for over an hour and seems to be stuck.
Looking at the Dashboard I see several (34) songs that are not mine, starting with Arcade Fire.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #572 on: 8 Jun 2014, 03:31 pm »
Looking at the Dashboard I see several (34) songs that are not mine, starting with Arcade Fire.

Hi

Chris will get back to you but make sure you refresh your web-browser.

james

ozzy

« Reply #573 on: 8 Jun 2014, 06:57 pm »
Well, I cant seem to get my Samsung tablet to work with Manic Moose at all. On my lap top it worked for a while now I get an error saying the script to too long.

ozzy

« Reply #574 on: 8 Jun 2014, 07:16 pm »
I give up, I have spent an entire day trying to get the CF card sent to me to work with Manic Moose!
Very disappointed. Now I only hope that the previous Loony works...

werd

« Reply #575 on: 8 Jun 2014, 09:12 pm »
I give up, I have spent an entire day trying to get the CF card sent to me to work with Manic Moose!
Very disappointed. Now I only hope that the previous Loony works...

It'll work it just takes time. Mine won't update either but I know I'll eventually get it.

EJS73

« Reply #576 on: 8 Jun 2014, 10:07 pm »
Update on wifi: I haven't had much luck with the USB wifi adapters I tried. After a lot of searching I found a couple with (supposedly) the supported chipsets (double-checked the Linux and Debian Wiki's) but no luck. Apparently manufacturers update internals without changing the product label, which may be the cause - not sure. Anyway, no wifi but worse, during boot up the BDP2 seems thoroughly confused and decides to load the test playlist that is still lurking in the firmware. A reboot without the Wifi adapter inserted and all is fine again. So for now, back to the Apple Airport Express. Well, I was warned...

This said, is there an issue list I can report any findings to? I don't think it's very helpful to post on bugs which are already known.

EJ

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #577 on: 9 Jun 2014, 09:55 am »

Yeah, I had that too. Must be something stuck inside the MM update.

BrysTony

« Reply #578 on: 9 Jun 2014, 02:31 pm »
Update on wifi: I haven't had much luck with the USB wifi adapters I tried. After a lot of searching I found a couple with (supposedly) the supported chipsets (double-checked the Linux and Debian Wiki's) but no luck. Apparently manufacturers update internals without changing the product label, which may be the cause - not sure. Anyway, no wifi but worse, during boot up the BDP2 seems thoroughly confused and decides to load the test playlist that is still lurking in the firmware. A reboot without the Wifi adapter inserted and all is fine again. So for now, back to the Apple Airport Express. Well, I was warned...

This said, is there an issue list I can report any findings to? I don't think it's very helpful to post on bugs which are already known.

EJ

A simple solution is to use a Netgear Wifi to Ethernet adapter http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx.  It easily adapts anything with an ethernet port to your Wifi network.  I have been using one with my BDP-1 for over 3 years and also use one with my TV and a non Wifi computer.  Simple to configure and works perfectly. 

Tony

EJS73

« Reply #579 on: 9 Jun 2014, 02:53 pm »
A simple solution is to use a Netgear Wifi to Ethernet adapter http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx.  It easily adapts anything with an ethernet port to your Wifi network.  I have been using one with my BDP-1 for over 3 years and also use one with my TV and a non Wifi computer.  Simple to configure and works perfectly. 

Tony

Tony, thanks. It's the same method I use currently and it works well. My main interest in a wifi adapter is to help reduce the cable clutter behind the system.

EJ