Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Blueshirt1

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #400 on: 14 Mar 2014, 11:01 pm »
Unplugged BDP and let it sit, still nothing and the IP on the screen of the the BDP is the same one I am using. It show one connection is offline and the other with the ip address.  I will try to do the service thing. Or maybe we should take this offline. This plus the stripped screw, etc... and at this point I think I just want to have a drive mounted. I've invested a lot of money in my system and want to come home from work and just listen and relax. Funny how the "fragile" media wind up being the only thing I can listen too (vinyl).

Cheers,
Michael

I'm back in biz, updated firmware on router, re-configured...and voila.

Please don't take offense to my "fragile" comment above. I was just having this conversation with someone as we become more and more advanced, we become more fragile. You can use books and the Kindle example, with no power you Kindle will become useless.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #401 on: 15 Mar 2014, 05:00 am »
that would be awesome indeed!
But, didn't we have this selective updating before? I would have sworn so, it didn't take this much time, in LL.

btw, sample is not showing anymore, either in Flac or mp3?

Marius

We did, we had an update button just below the column containing the library labeled update, i'm just not sure where to place the button in the new interface as so it fits and doesn't look rushed.  I thought by showing files/folders that don't exist in the library view would be a good way of doing this and we could turn the option on and off in the media player settings.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #402 on: 15 Mar 2014, 05:01 am »
0314 won't load? Shows and disappears immediately. Download fails.

Marius

Yah there was a typo at my end, should be working now

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #403 on: 15 Mar 2014, 05:02 am »
I'm back in biz, updated firmware on router, re-configured...and voila.

Please don't take offense to my "fragile" comment above. I was just having this conversation with someone as we become more and more advanced, we become more fragile. You can use books and the Kindle example, with no power you Kindle will become useless.

Just glad its working Micheal  :thumb:

Marius

« Reply #404 on: 15 Mar 2014, 09:03 am »
The button was kind of handy, and worked very adequately. Add files, push the button and good to go.
If you see a good place to fit it in, i wouldn't mind  :thumb:

The simplicity of it was very nice. I think your suggestton is great too, but maybe requires the user to read all option and set them, before things work? Having options and settings to tweak is a wonderful thing, but simplicity of operation is another essential asset  :scratch:

M

We did, we had an update button just below the column containing the library labeled update, i'm just not sure where to place the button in the new interface as so it fits and doesn't look rushed.  I thought by showing files/folders that don't exist in the library view would be a good way of doing this and we could turn the option on and off in the media player settings.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #405 on: 16 Mar 2014, 09:14 pm »
Hi Chris,

Dont  know when this started , but lately the frontpanel display blacks out while playing. Is this a new setting? Can we change that?

Marius

Marius

« Reply #406 on: 17 Mar 2014, 10:17 am »
Hi Chris,

Something's up in the url for updating firmware, it looks at http://bryston-bdp-1.local/firmware/index.html?Mon%20Mar%2017%202014%2011:13:34%20GMT+0100%20(CET), and gives no result.. Chris, whats the url to check for updating firmware to the latest version?

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #407 on: 17 Mar 2014, 08:44 pm »
Hi Chris,

Something's up in the url for updating firmware, it looks at http://bryston-bdp-1.local/firmware/index.html?Mon%20Mar%2017%202014%2011:13:34%20GMT+0100%20(CET), and gives no result.. Chris, whats the url to check for updating firmware to the latest version?

Marius

Well the extra bits, ? followed by the date and time are there to force your browser to refresh the contents of the page rather then potentially reload data from cache.  As to why your BDP isn't loading the list of available firmware revisions, my best guess is its unable to make it out to the internet.  I'd try powercycling the BDP and if its still not working your router and anything between the router and BDP.

Cheers,
Chris

Blueshirt1

« Reply #408 on: 17 Mar 2014, 08:58 pm »
Chris,

I don't know if my problems are related to above but I keep losing "internet connectivity" because the default gateway on my BDP is always wrong. I can't seem to change it. Once in a while I can get it to take the right default gateway and then I am good. But it seems that once I turn off the BDP it just resets back.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #409 on: 18 Mar 2014, 01:19 am »
Chris,

I don't know if my problems are related to above but I keep losing "internet connectivity" because the default gateway on my BDP is always wrong. I can't seem to change it. Once in a while I can get it to take the right default gateway and then I am good. But it seems that once I turn off the BDP it just resets back.

Hi

What is the default gateway suppose to be and what does it set itself to?  My units usually show my routers netbios name rather then then the IP address and at most I might need to restart the BDP before downloading firmware.

Cheers
Chris

Blueshirt1

« Reply #410 on: 18 Mar 2014, 08:06 am »
it show 192.168.1.255 but it should read 192.168.1.254.

I wound up fixing it last night after playing with it for over 2 hours. (changing, rebooting, etc).

I was using interface 1. I swapped interfaces, so put the Ethernet cable in interface 0. But before I did that I set interface 0 to a fixed IP and with the correct gateway and it works now but still afraid to turn BDO off.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #411 on: 19 Mar 2014, 01:18 am »
it show 192.168.1.255 but it should read 192.168.1.254.

I wound up fixing it last night after playing with it for over 2 hours. (changing, rebooting, etc).

I was using interface 1. I swapped interfaces, so put the Ethernet cable in interface 0. But before I did that I set interface 0 to a fixed IP and with the correct gateway and it works now but still afraid to turn BDO off.

Hmm I doubt that's the issue, I keep forgetting to fix it; but sometime manic moose will display the broadcast address instead of the gateway address.  The gateway address, although display'd incorrectly is likely correct.

You can confirm by entering the following into an address bar of a web browser

http://<the BDP's IP address>/secure/com.php?c=/sbin/ifconfig

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #412 on: 20 Mar 2014, 07:14 am »
HIChris,

My internet streams are playing, so the BDP does see the internet. Updating still doesn't work though. Ive rebooted the bdp, briefly saw a list of available firmware versions, but again, nothing s showing, and the firmware field in the settings remains an empty list....

can you provide an shh routine to upgrade maybe?

btw, i'm on 0314, and thats when the upgrading-issues started to arise.

Thanks,.
Marius

Well the extra bits, ? followed by the date and time are there to force your browser to refresh the contents of the page rather then potentially reload data from cache.  As to why your BDP isn't loading the list of available firmware revisions, my best guess is its unable to make it out to the internet.  I'd try powercycling the BDP and if its still not working your router and anything between the router and BDP.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #413 on: 21 Mar 2014, 10:07 pm »
Chris,

Internet streams are not playing after all, but still shows the last in the front panel, if that is active, since most of the time it won't do anything . And is black .. :scratch:

When hanging, the Bdp won't react to the remote (other than power on and off) , but seems to respond to mpod, not playing anything. Rebooted all, including router, but still no success..

After having powered off and on (with the remote), the Bdp seems back to normal, so why is this different from rebooting from within MM?

Seems a bit fragile all in all.

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #414 on: 23 Mar 2014, 03:05 am »
Chris,

Internet streams are not playing after all, but still shows the last in the front panel, if that is active, since most of the time it won't do anything . And is black .. :scratch:

When hanging, the Bdp won't react to the remote (other than power on and off) , but seems to respond to mpod, not playing anything. Rebooted all, including router, but still no success..

After having powered off and on (with the remote), the Bdp seems back to normal, so why is this different from rebooting from within MM?

Seems a bit fragile all in all.

Marius

rebooting from within the firmware relies on the software to restart, using the power button on the front issues a command to the firmware to tell it to turn off.  The firmware takes about 8-10 seconds to shutdown, however after 30 seconds the power supply is turned off regardless of the firmware has shut down or not.  As to why the firmware is locking up in the first place i can't really say with out more information.

Cheers,
Chris

Gaustabl

« Reply #415 on: 24 Mar 2014, 04:54 pm »
I have not yet been able to browse throug my whole album collectin in album view on any of my ipads. After three pages, or maybe four the browser exits. I am the only one with this problem ?

Best regards Lars

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #416 on: 24 Mar 2014, 07:56 pm »
Hi Lars,

This is a resource issue, i would recommend using the search feature to narrow the results shown.

Cheers,
Chris

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #417 on: 25 Mar 2014, 01:30 pm »
Hi Chris,

I recall you explaining that you load album covers 100 at a time as you scroll down. To overcome a resource issue, is it possible to unload previous sets? For instance, is it feasible to have only 300 loaded at a time anywhere in the library?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #418 on: 26 Mar 2014, 01:26 am »
Hi Chris,

I recall you explaining that you load album covers 100 at a time as you scroll down. To overcome a resource issue, is it possible to unload previous sets? For instance, is it feasible to have only 300 loaded at a time anywhere in the library?

Tried that, loading the 300 was fine, problem is jumping to the correct location.  Problem is the old album view could load without issue, so I'd like to figure out the difference.  It'll get resolved, it's just low on our list of priorities due to everything else being so close to working.  Also we have the search features and the artist view that also works quite nicely.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #419 on: 27 Mar 2014, 07:10 pm »
for what its worth, my MM gets terribly slow when loading the second set of 100 albums, up to the end-effect I click X on the browser tab (since no other interfacing is in view, hope you'll change that soon Chris), and fly through the albums on my Mpod/pad.

But, since I finally do see album art in the first place, after maybe one and a half year of  being without, i don't complain and patiently wait for Chris to fix it all  :thumb:
Marius

Tried that, loading the 300 was fine, problem is jumping to the correct location.  Problem is the old album view could load without issue, so I'd like to figure out the difference.  It'll get resolved, it's just low on our list of priorities due to everything else being so close to working.  Also we have the search features and the artist view that also works quite nicely.

Cheers
Chris