Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Blueshirt1

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #380 on: 11 Mar 2014, 11:26 am »
Just "lost" my entire library again. Trying to rebuild my NAS library...again

And when I look to see if there is any new firmware updates, the link listed does not seem to be working for me.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/manicmoose/

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #381 on: 11 Mar 2014, 03:33 pm »
Just "lost" my entire library again. Trying to rebuild my NAS library...again

And when I look to see if there is any new firmware updates, the link listed does not seem to be working for me.

Hello,

Your link appears to be incomplete, follow these instructions to update the firmware

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/DOCS/Upgrading%20Manic%20Moose.pdf

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #382 on: 11 Mar 2014, 03:34 pm »
Hi Chris,

Somehow MM shows the last played music file when playing one of the playlist radio streams , in this case Avro de Klassieken...
It's strange because I had cleared the playlist. Bdp remembers anyhow?

Marius

Hi Marius,

These are little issues that we still need to deal with, todays firmware should address that issue.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #383 on: 11 Mar 2014, 05:04 pm »
Great Chris!

And, since beauty is in the  eye of the beholder, would you change the representation of the Bdp in shairplay into something less prosaic than the MAC address used now ?

Please re-enable the downloading of the firmware onto the usb Thumbdrives again Chris, they've disappeared from the drop down box again.

Marius
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2014, 06:24 pm by Marius »

Blueshirt1

« Reply #384 on: 11 Mar 2014, 05:23 pm »
Hello,

Your link appears to be incomplete, follow these instructions to update the firmware

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/DOCS/Upgrading%20Manic%20Moose.pdf

Cheers,
Chris

Chris I have triple checked the link against the PDF listed in the instructions and unless I am blind (possible) I dont see how the link listed in my BDP and the link in the pdf differ.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #385 on: 11 Mar 2014, 08:35 pm »
Chris I have triple checked the link against the PDF listed in the instructions and unless I am blind (possible) I dont see how the link listed in my BDP and the link in the pdf differ.

Did you follow the instructions in the PDF file?

Cheers,
Chris

Blueshirt1

« Reply #386 on: 11 Mar 2014, 08:39 pm »
Did you follow the instructions in the PDF file?

Cheers,
Chris

1. Navigate to the BDP dashboard - check
1. Click “Update Firmware” - check
2. Click “Advanced” - check

That' is as far as I get. There are no versions to choose from

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #387 on: 11 Mar 2014, 09:11 pm »
It sounds like your BDP is on the LAN but not the Internet...

Blueshirt1

« Reply #388 on: 11 Mar 2014, 09:15 pm »
It sounds like your BDP is on the LAN but not the Internet...

It is going into my router but it is the same router this computer goes thorough. I was able to update it like that prior.

A far as the NAS, had to remove it and re-add it. now wait a until the library rebuilds.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #389 on: 11 Mar 2014, 09:16 pm »
Great Chris!

And, since beauty is in the  eye of the beholder, would you change the representation of the Bdp in shairplay into something less prosaic than the MAC address used now ?

Please re-enable the downloading of the firmware onto the usb Thumbdrives again Chris, they've disappeared from the drop down box again.

Marius
Hi Marius,

Changing the shairplay name will come eventually under the advanced menu.... once i get around to making it that is.

Regarding the thumb drives, you should check the amount of free space available on each of the drives.  If its less then 1025MB it won't show as the BDP has deemed it non usable.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #390 on: 11 Mar 2014, 09:18 pm »
It is going into my router but it is the same router this computer goes thorough. I was able to update it like that prior.

A far as the NAS, had to remove it and re-add it. now wait a until the library rebuilds.

Ok, sorry i though you where typing the address into your browser and trying to get to the pages manually.  Is the BDP set to use a static IP address or DHCP?  It sounds like its unable to connect to the internet to contact our server hosting the files.

Cheers,
Chris

Blueshirt1

« Reply #391 on: 11 Mar 2014, 09:23 pm »
Ok, sorry i though you where typing the address into your browser and trying to get to the pages manually.  Is the BDP set to use a static IP address or DHCP?  It sounds like its unable to connect to the internet to contact our server hosting the files.

Cheers,
Chris

DHCP. I'll try to reboot my router later.

Marius

« Reply #392 on: 11 Mar 2014, 09:57 pm »
Check, problem solved....
didn't know that, thanks.

Marius

Hi Marius,

Changing the shairplay name will come eventually under the advanced menu.... once i get around to making it that is.

Regarding the thumb drives, you should check the amount of free space available on each of the drives.  If its less then 1025MB it won't show as the BDP has deemed it non usable.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #393 on: 14 Mar 2014, 04:21 pm »
Hey Chris,

Clicking the Update button makes is blue for a very long while, even when only a few music files have been added. Is it checking the full database? before we had the option of updating a specific folder added to the generic update action. Is it still there, or, if not, could you reinstate that?

Cheers,
Marius

Blueshirt1

« Reply #394 on: 14 Mar 2014, 06:03 pm »
Guys, I'm at a loss now.

I can see (ping) my bdp2 just fine. I can go into the dashboard and check the network interfaces. The BDP2 has an IP address via DHCP.

BUT....I can't play music. I re add the NAS , I add the files and it wont play. I also can't update the firmware nor reboot it via the interface.

So it's like it's online but not online. Everything runs on a router, same network. Rebooted router...

Thx for the help

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #395 on: 14 Mar 2014, 06:25 pm »
Hey Chris,

Clicking the Update button makes is blue for a very long while, even when only a few music files have been added. Is it checking the full database? before we had the option of updating a specific folder added to the generic update action. Is it still there, or, if not, could you reinstate that?

Cheers,
Marius

Its updating the entire database, I have yet to figure out how to implement a system for updating specific parts of the file system.  Ideally what i would like to do list as you browser the file folder structure using Media Player, list any folders/songs that arn't in the database as red and that would trigger an update for just that folder.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #396 on: 14 Mar 2014, 06:27 pm »
Guys, I'm at a loss now.

I can see (ping) my bdp2 just fine. I can go into the dashboard and check the network interfaces. The BDP2 has an IP address via DHCP.

BUT....I can't play music. I re add the NAS , I add the files and it wont play. I also can't update the firmware nor reboot it via the interface.

So it's like it's online but not online. Everything runs on a router, same network. Rebooted router...

Thx for the help

Hello,

you should try turning the bdp off, back on and and check the IP address from the front of the unit by pushing the down button. If its still the same IP address that you have been using perhaps consider placing the BDP into service mode and emailing me the service number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0nfBG5xDrA

crice[at]bryston[dot]com

cheers,
chris

Marius

« Reply #397 on: 14 Mar 2014, 06:32 pm »
that would be awesome indeed!
But, didn't we have this selective updating before? I would have sworn so, it didn't take this much time, in LL.

btw, sample is not showing anymore, either in Flac or mp3?

Marius

Its updating the entire database, I have yet to figure out how to implement a system for updating specific parts of the file system.  Ideally what i would like to do list as you browser the file folder structure using Media Player, list any folders/songs that arn't in the database as red and that would trigger an update for just that folder.

Cheers,
Chris

Blueshirt1

« Reply #398 on: 14 Mar 2014, 06:58 pm »
Hello,

you should try turning the bdp off, back on and and check the IP address from the front of the unit by pushing the down button. If its still the same IP address that you have been using perhaps consider placing the BDP into service mode and emailing me the service number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0nfBG5xDrA

crice[at]bryston[dot]com

cheers,
chris

Unplugged BDP and let it sit, still nothing and the IP on the screen of the the BDP is the same one I am using. It show one connection is offline and the other with the ip address.  I will try to do the service thing. Or maybe we should take this offline. This plus the stripped screw, etc... and at this point I think I just want to have a drive mounted. I've invested a lot of money in my system and want to come home from work and just listen and relax. Funny how the "fragile" media wind up being the only thing I can listen too (vinyl).

Cheers,
Michael

Marius

« Reply #399 on: 14 Mar 2014, 10:05 pm »
0314 won't load? Shows and disappears immediately. Download fails.

Marius