Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #360 on: 6 Mar 2014, 02:46 pm »
HI,

Just noticed the bdp frontpanel display won't update to a cleared playlist. Even after pressing clear in the MM, the last track is being displayed (it is cleared in MM)
Anyone else with this?

btw, the bdp-playlists  don't show up in MPOD. Can you solve this Chris?

Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #361 on: 6 Mar 2014, 03:58 pm »
Hi Marius

The Playlists created in MM do show up in my MPOD amd MPAD ?

james

Marius

« Reply #362 on: 6 Mar 2014, 05:24 pm »
Dont know what changed the bdp's mind, but just now the playlists appeared in mpod too!  :scratch:

The _bbc3 included....

Marius

Hi Marius

The Playlists created in MM do show up in my MPOD amd MPAD ?

james
« Last Edit: 6 Mar 2014, 09:22 pm by Marius »

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #363 on: 7 Mar 2014, 02:27 am »
Hi Marius,

The folders beginning with ._ followed by the same folder name as an existing folder I believe are temp folders made by Mac OS X.  I have been meaning for years now to create a program to help clean these and other system related files up, but the pursuit of a better interface has always taken priority.  Perhaps once manic moose is finally released I can find the time to work in these other things.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #364 on: 7 Mar 2014, 02:40 am »
The info page was working when I had first made, but now for whatever reason it appears to be all busted to hell.  So far what I can gather is it saves the new tag data but creates a new id3v2/1 entry and MPD ignores the new entry, skipping over it and going to the original.  The info page won't pick up data from a radio station, I'll have to add a source check for streaming radio.

It shouldn't be to hard to allow for a scrolling option, just the setting plus some optional tags.  I'll need to see how the existing page reacts to the tags though.  Otherwise it might take some more work on our web designer, luckily we pay him in complements.  :wink:

The middle of the dashboard is going to be a messaging system to inform the user of system changes / crashes / prompts.

When you first install manic moose it'll ask you to register (optional), choose a drive to act as the scratch drive, plug in some music to get started, ask you what you want to do when a cd or USB drive is plugged in, if you want to setup a NAS if no drives or attached and you don't have any USB drives to plug in, etc

There is no more button to widen, the web designer and I both agree'd it didn't go with the flow and would compromise the media player's ability to resize for handheld devices.  For the time being the button between switch to default view and artist view, should be song view should do the trick.  A song view didn't make sense as there's no way a tablet could display the details of 10,000 songs much less 70,000 or more at once.  So the song view is the playlist view.

The VFD display isn't likely to see scrolling titles due to how it was made, that will likely be a BDP-3 thing.  No we are not releasing a BDP-3 along side manic moose, nor is one even in the works.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #365 on: 7 Mar 2014, 07:00 am »
Cleaning up of these so called Mac folders/files is done with good result by the apps Blueharvest (automatically on each drive) and tinker tools (loads of great options)
I've posted on that before on AC.

This is not one of these though, no hidden folder /file to be found.  :scratch: I stand corrected... in hidden files settings of Mac/finder no hidden file was displayed. fired up my good old Tinkertools, and bingo, files discovered and deleted without a problem:

Chris, how to change the order of these files? How are they sorted? and, can we make a subdivision in these playlists?

Marius

Hi Marius,

The folders beginning with ._ followed by the same folder name as an existing folder I believe are temp folders made by Mac OS X.  I have been meaning for years now to create a program to help clean these and other system related files up, but the pursuit of a better interface has always taken priority.  Perhaps once manic moose is finally released I can find the time to work in these other things.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #366 on: 7 Mar 2014, 04:28 pm »
Cleaning up of these so called Mac folders/files is done with good result by the apps Blueharvest (automatically on each drive) and tinker tools (loads of great options)
I've posted on that before on AC.

This is not one of these though, no hidden folder /file to be found.  :scratch: I stand corrected... in hidden files settings of Mac/finder no hidden file was displayed. fired up my good old Tinkertools, and bingo, files discovered and deleted without a problem:

Chris, how to change the order of these files? How are they sorted? and, can we make a subdivision in these playlists?

Marius

Thats a good question..... i don't know and hopefully I won't be a liar when i say.... yet

I would have thought they would be listed in alphabetical order as they would be in the file system.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #367 on: 7 Mar 2014, 06:54 pm »
Chris,

don't know what's up, but after upgrading to 0306, all kinds of networking issues are occurring. Missing the bdp in Finder, no media displayed in MM, lost connections in MPOD. coming and going of these.

Cant chown -R bryston /mnt to the folder playliststs anymore (which i kind of liked ).

Anything you suggest i'd do?

Marius

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #368 on: 7 Mar 2014, 08:39 pm »
I've had some odd behavior with 0306 too. I can't get the system restart function to work. Clearing the playlist isn't reflected in the web UI until I manually refresh the page.

Marius

« Reply #369 on: 8 Mar 2014, 03:20 pm »
HI Chris,

Thanks for the latest update, showing bit depth and scrolling marquee.

The latter though still doesn't solve the issue of not showing all info desired,

have a look at these previously posted pictures. The marquee now shows only Tallis and Andrew Carwood - Tallis, while the Audirvana screenshot shows whats available in the tags, and how nicely displayed that can/should be:

Please check how Audirvana displays album information, MM can adopt this?

Cheers,
Marius

BrystonNut

• Bryston, there is no substitute!
« Reply #370 on: 8 Mar 2014, 07:33 pm »
Hello,

I have tried to update my BDP1 a couple times to no avail...only 3 of the six files will download using the links in this thread.

I would really love to try out MMS2 any help on getting it done would be great!

Please advise.

Marius

« Reply #371 on: 8 Mar 2014, 08:30 pm »
Hi Chris,

Just found out we can use the shairplay successfully! Streaming BBC3 from my iPhone Tunein pro app right now . Amazing.
Only thing is the front panel display is black showing no activity. Will you update this anytime soon?

Great substitute for Bradio , although the shairplay may not use the utmost of bit depth and resolution possible .

Cheers Marius

Marius

« Reply #372 on: 8 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm »
Hi Chris,

Bitdepth is not quit correct on this one:

definitely a 16 bit MP3 file:

How come?

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #373 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:34 pm »
Chris,

don't know what's up, but after upgrading to 0306, all kinds of networking issues are occurring. Missing the bdp in Finder, no media displayed in MM, lost connections in MPOD. coming and going of these.

Cant chown -R bryston /mnt to the folder playliststs anymore (which i kind of liked ).

Anything you suggest i'd do?

Marius

Sounds like the IP address assigned to the BDP has changed.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #374 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:39 pm »
Hello,

I have tried to update my BDP1 a couple times to no avail...only 3 of the six files will download using the links in this thread.

I would really love to try out MMS2 any help on getting it done would be great!

Please advise.

Make sure your copying the entire link, a couple of the links are so long some people don't notice that the link continues to the next line.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #375 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:42 pm »
Hi Chris,

Just found out we can use the shairplay successfully! Streaming BBC3 from my iPhone Tunein pro app right now . Amazing.
Only thing is the front panel display is black showing no activity. Will you update this anytime soon?

Great substitute for Bradio , although the shairplay may not use the utmost of bit depth and resolution possible .

Cheers Marius

Should be fine, it should stream at 48KHz 16 bit loss less, so anything compressed (like streaming radio)  should be fine and not suffer any loss in quality.  Also if your using a Mac you can set the output device in system presences as the BDP, there is delay though so it really isn't any good for video.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #376 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:43 pm »
HI Chris,

Thanks for the latest update, showing bit depth and scrolling marquee.

The latter though still doesn't solve the issue of not showing all info desired,

have a look at these previously posted pictures. The marquee now shows only Tallis and Andrew Carwood - Tallis, while the Audirvana screenshot shows whats available in the tags, and how nicely displayed that can/should be:

Please check how Audirvana displays album information, MM can adopt this?

Cheers,
Marius

Perhaps its because i'm not displaying all the tag data, like composer?

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #377 on: 10 Mar 2014, 08:04 pm »
Hi Marius,

By the way I also made some changes to the way the Bryston database gets built, it may still crash the BDP; but if it does it should tell you about and hopefully work the second time around.  Eventually I hope to develop a reporting system once we have our dedicated server up and running.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #378 on: 10 Mar 2014, 09:08 pm »
Hasn't crashed yet.
Only locked up or disconnected from the network... :D

Keep it up , starts looking good !

Marius

Hi Marius,

By the way I also made some changes to the way the Bryston database gets built, it may still crash the BDP; but if it does it should tell you about and hopefully work the second time around.  Eventually I hope to develop a reporting system once we have our dedicated server up and running.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #379 on: 10 Mar 2014, 09:55 pm »
Hi Chris,

Somehow MM shows the last played music file when playing one of the playlist radio streams , in this case Avro de Klassieken...
It's strange because I had cleared the playlist. Bdp remembers anyhow?

Marius