Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #260 on: 11 Feb 2014, 11:38 pm »
Issues here too: download starts, not showing in the progressmeter, and only showing very shortly in the install window
Cant install .

Chris, please re-enable downloads to the thumbdrive again.

Marius

S2.00 2014-02-11 has same problem. it does not start the download.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #261 on: 12 Feb 2014, 01:52 am »
S2.00 2014-02-11 has same problem. it does not start the download.

Are your downloading S2.00 2014-02-11 or have already downloaded S2.00 2014-02-11 and trying to download it again?  Keep in mind any firmware changes made won't take place until after it's been installed.

Cheers,
Chris

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #262 on: 12 Feb 2014, 01:54 am »
Downloaded OK for me.

james

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #263 on: 12 Feb 2014, 02:54 am »
downloading but not installing over here. I persistently get MD5 errors. Noting your comment about the browser perhaps passing along variables, I've tried both IE11 and Firefox to no avail. Also, I've downloaded to both my scratch drive and /mnt/img and neither seems affected. Also, I've rebooted the BDP-2 several times.

zuluwarrior0760

« Reply #264 on: 12 Feb 2014, 03:25 am »
Is Manic Moose still a beta release?  If so, how long approx.
before it is out of beta.....?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #265 on: 12 Feb 2014, 04:58 am »
Is Manic Moose still a beta release?  If so, how long approx.
before it is out of beta.....?

Aiming for the end of the month

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #266 on: 12 Feb 2014, 04:59 am »
Don't know if this matters but I was able to load the new software using the IP address of my BDP on my iPad and downloaded from the iPad.

James

Wim J

« Reply #267 on: 12 Feb 2014, 12:49 pm »
Are your downloading S2.00 2014-02-11 or have already downloaded S2.00 2014-02-11 and trying to download it again?  Keep in mind any firmware changes made won't take place until after it's been installed.

Cheers,
Chris

I tried to download it for the first time. It briefly displays 'downloading', but then it stops. The counter in the blue bars is not moving. When I retry, I  get a message 'download in progress' or something like that. But when I check it has only created a directory on the USB-drive. But this directory is empty. I had exactly the same with the previous nightly build 20140209. So I do not get the chance to get to the install-page/button.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #268 on: 12 Feb 2014, 01:55 pm »
Unless the unit in question isn't placed into service mode and i'm emailed the service number i really can only guess at whats wrong.

Cheers,
Chris

Wim J

« Reply #269 on: 12 Feb 2014, 02:03 pm »
Unless the unit in question isn't placed into service mode and i'm emailed the service number i really can only guess at whats wrong.

Cheers,
Chris
I'll try this evening to update the BDP1 once more. If not working I'll put it in service mode and keep you informed.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #270 on: 12 Feb 2014, 04:06 pm »
Thanks Wim

Marius

« Reply #271 on: 12 Feb 2014, 06:44 pm »
After giving up trying to redownload the latest firmware, I discovered this morning it had auto installed .....

Have not yet tested album art or network shares, but this seemed so wonderful, I thought to let you know Chris. And, looking much better indeed on the install page.

Cheers,
Marius

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #272 on: 12 Feb 2014, 09:42 pm »
I was able to install the 0211 firmware by accessing the install page from a separate computer using Safari.

Oddly, the network info page reports the wrong gateway IP. My gateway is 192.168.1.1, and the BDP is reporting 192.168.1.255. However, the BDP has no problem accessing the internet. Weird!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #273 on: 12 Feb 2014, 09:51 pm »
Hi Marius,

As per request.... i hope a page anyways, to download the individual  files for the firmware from a site.

The path that you download the files to isn't overly flexible right now, i'll need to make some more changes to the actual firmware tomorrow.  Basic instructions are on the web page.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/manicmoose/index.html

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #274 on: 12 Feb 2014, 09:53 pm »
I was able to install the 0211 firmware by accessing the install page from a separate computer using Safari.

Oddly, the network info page reports the wrong gateway IP. My gateway is 192.168.1.1, and the BDP is reporting 192.168.1.255. However, the BDP has no problem accessing the internet. Weird!

Hi Gary,

The detection of the gateway address will sometimes be confused with the broadcast address, its a minor issue that will get fixed.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #275 on: 13 Feb 2014, 07:08 am »
Hey Chris,

Nice! Though a bit more complex than before, this makes it possible for us to dl the firmware to any place comfortable, and not interfere with the music files, or have issues with the root files in the system cf-card. wonderful.

My last post on this meant to ask you something else though. Before, in the download box i Manic Moose, you offered the option of dl'ing to an attached thumb drive. As of lately, only the usb harddrives and the system cf card appear. Cant you re-enable the thumb drives in that interface again? On your advice i have a dedicated thumb drive there, next to one with music files, but neither of them are visible in this interface right now.

Cheers!
Marius

Hi Marius,

As per request.... i hope a page anyways, to download the individual  files for the firmware from a site.

The path that you download the files to isn't overly flexible right now, i'll need to make some more changes to the actual firmware tomorrow.  Basic instructions are on the web page.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86196657/manicmoose/index.html

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #276 on: 13 Feb 2014, 07:08 am »
HI Chris,

clicking the album view now displays 99 albums , and no more feedback of having to build the files for the first time!... some have the default bryston picture, but progress is made.

What do i do to get the rest of the albums indexed? click that button again, or, in dashboard, click the build album art database? Or will it work automatically of
from now on.

Another thing: now i do have some of the albums displayed, it is immediately clear some sort of extra organising is necessary. All styles and artists, composers or recordings are mixed into an alphabetical (?) list that is of no added value really. I still feel the 'by folder' is needed at least. Since tagging is still the big issue for most, and tag-fields are not always used in the correct, or same way, the ordering right now is a bit of a mess....

Marius

Wim J

« Reply #277 on: 13 Feb 2014, 11:47 am »
I'll try this evening to update the BDP1 once more. If not working I'll put it in service mode and keep you informed.
I tried and retied, and retried and.... but all of a sudden the blue bars start showing progress and it worked! Don't ask me why, just keep trying and is finally will start the download. I think I have tried more than 15 times on this occassion. But I twas the first time I did not get MD5 errors. Once it started the download the install was ok in one go. :scratch:

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #278 on: 13 Feb 2014, 01:33 pm »
HI Chris,

clicking the album view now displays 99 albums , and no more feedback of having to build the files for the first time!... some have the default bryston picture, but progress is made.

What do i do to get the rest of the albums indexed? click that button again, or, in dashboard, click the build album art database? Or will it work automatically of
from now on.

Another thing: now i do have some of the albums displayed, it is immediately clear some sort of extra organising is necessary. All styles and artists, composers or recordings are mixed into an alphabetical (?) list that is of no added value really. I still feel the 'by folder' is needed at least. Since tagging is still the big issue for most, and tag-fields are not always used in the correct, or same way, the ordering right now is a bit of a mess....

Marius

I'm getting my whole library built...weird.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #279 on: 13 Feb 2014, 03:31 pm »
Hey Chris,

Nice! Though a bit more complex than before, this makes it possible for us to dl the firmware to any place comfortable, and not interfere with the music files, or have issues with the root files in the system cf-card. wonderful.

My last post on this meant to ask you something else though. Before, in the download box i Manic Moose, you offered the option of dl'ing to an attached thumb drive. As of lately, only the usb harddrives and the system cf card appear. Cant you re-enable the thumb drives in that interface again? On your advice i have a dedicated thumb drive there, next to one with music files, but neither of them are visible in this interface right now.

Cheers!
Marius

Hi Marius,

Oh ok, yah i misunderstood you, something must be broken as it should list all drives.  Perhaps the problem is with spaces in the drives name, i'll do a little digging.
Btw have you tried the album view as of yet?  I'm quite curious regarding if its effected anything.

Cheers,
Chris