Recipe Management

Phil_S

Recipe Management
« on: 27 Aug 2019, 12:56 am »
Does anyone have a recommendation for recipe management software?  I've got recipes all over the place, on websites, excel, word, and (gasp!) hard copy!  It's starting to drive me nuts.  I'd like to get it all in one digital place that I can save recipes to, add manual recipes, and make notes.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Recipe Management
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2019, 05:24 am »
Seems Word or Word Pad are both capable for what you need if you copy these files to RTF or Doc format, these formats can store images.

Phil_S

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2019, 11:12 pm »
Yeah I'm already doing that.  I have more than 100 recipes and searching is a  PITA.  I've got 75 in Epicurious as well as several other websites.  I do NOT want to build my own database.  That's a bigger PITA.

veloceleste

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2019, 11:23 pm »
Does anyone have a recommendation for recipe management software?  I've got recipes all over the place, on websites, excel, word, and (gasp!) hard copy!  It's starting to drive me nuts.  I'd like to get it all in one digital place that I can save recipes to, add manual recipes, and make notes.
I know you said digital but......Hard copy in a protective sleeve in a three ring binder. Alphabetical. You will love going old school. Pull the page, put it near your work area and wipe it off when something spills or splatters on it. Easy.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2019, 12:05 am »
"Hard copy in a protective sleeve in a three ring binder. Alphabetical. You will love going old school. Pull the page, put it near your work area and wipe it off when something spills or splatters on it. Easy. "

+1. Been doing that for years. Works well!