Zu Audio Party in Atlanta (Part 2) January 21st, 2012

jeffh

Re: Zu Audio Party in Atlanta (Part 2) January 21st, 2012
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2012, 11:06 pm »
Wish I could come and meet all you guys, but I am going to be out of town  :(

schw06

« Reply #21 on: 20 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm »
Everything is almost set for tomorrow. Call me if there are any questions.
David(404)788-7708

Sonny

« Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:41 pm »
post lots of pictures and comments!  for all of us who are too far away to join!

shadowlight

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jan 2012, 11:58 pm »
How was the Zu Party?  Any pictures / impressions?

TomS

« Reply #24 on: 23 Jan 2012, 02:33 am »
This was an awesome event. David was a great host and there was a good turnout with a very diverse group of music lovers and audiophiles. Murphy's Law certainly tried to rule early on, but everything turned out just fine. The brand new Def IV's really took a shine to a little Bob Carver EL84 amp someone brought along. Very nice synergy.

The Mark Selby and Tia Sillers performance in the evening was off the hook fun. They performed a few of their hits, some stuff from a fresh new talent they work with, and conducted a clinic on the sound of various vintage and modern guitars they brought along to talk about and play. Unfortunately it's a rare opportunity to have musicians of this caliber literally perform in your own listening room. Mark and Tia were also awed by hearing their music played on a great audio system and properly treated room, so it went both ways.

Many thanks again to David and Sean of Zu Audio for putting this on. Huge fun, very nice people, great music, what could be better?

Tom

Gopher

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2012, 03:06 am »
Sounds like an amazing time.  Wish I could have made it out there but I was home with a fever anyway!

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jan 2012, 03:57 am »
Sorry we didn't hook up. Waiting for a call/txt when things were working right.  Still in town til Friday if u want 2 get together..

Bryan

rockadanny

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jan 2012, 05:37 pm »
This was a terrific event! :thumb:

Got to listen to Zu's new Defs with a couple of different amps all day long - fun! Lots of spinning vinyl - dammit Janet! I wish I could ignore this gnawing in my gut to revisit vinyl - this day only served to feed the gnaw. It was also fun meeting and speaking with AC members in person, Sean (Zu), and everyone else as well. David and his beautiful wife are always a treat to visit and such generous hosts.

And of course, the only sound which can better a great rig like David's is live music. Mark Selby and Tia Sellers were awesome! It is quite a treat, magical even, to speak with such genuine people who also happen to be superbly talented songwriters and performers. I wish they lived in Atlanta so I could see them perform regularly, and also have the opportunity to just sit and visit with them.

I vote to make this a monthly event. :D I would post pictures but my phone sucks to no end so hoping others will.

sts9fan

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jan 2012, 05:40 pm »
I am of the opinion that this event did not happen without pictures.

rockadanny

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jan 2012, 08:19 pm »
sts9fan,
I guess it is possible it was just all a dream I had. Of course, if it were, I'd have taken home those new Def 4s AND a girl or two. And once home my wife would have suggested we all retire, together, for the evening. But not before we first set up the Zus in the living room, pulled away from the wall a good 4 feet.  :lol:

rockadanny

« Reply #30 on: 23 Jan 2012, 09:06 pm »
OK. Here is a very crappy looking picture of Mark and Tia taken with my very crappy phone. Please, if you went to this event and took pictures, save us all from having to look at my crappy picture by posting yours instead.

granosalis

« Reply #31 on: 28 Jan 2012, 01:13 pm »
Where are the pictures of the event?