Some news on the diffusers... and some pictures...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Some news on the diffusers...
« Reply #20 on: 4 Dec 2011, 05:49 pm »
...that previous post was tasteless...and given you are purportedly somehow associated with a church how on God's earth do you explain your response...and what kind of church do you belong to that would have members with attitudes like yours...you should be ashamed of yourself...

Cheers

blutto
blutto, I guess you haven't seen me, huh?  I am no beauty myself.  We all weather time, just some more gracefully than other.  Me not so well.  I had lines in my forehead like that at 20.

As far as your judgement of me, I thought it was Christians that were all judgemental and without a sense of humor.  Everyone needs to get over ourselves, don't you think?  No, I'm not ashamed of myself.  I am just a fallible and sometimes moronic human being like EVERYONE else.

Move on, nothing to see here...  I'll remove my initial reply ...  just for you.

BTW - how to you castigate someone and then say "Cheers?"  Irony, I reckon.

Dave

blutto

« Reply #21 on: 4 Dec 2011, 05:54 pm »
blutto, I guess you haven't seen me, huh?  I am no beauty myself.  We all weather time, just some more gracefully than other.  Me not so well.  I had lines in my forehead like that at 20.

As far as your judgement of me, I thought it was Christians that were all judgemental and without a sense of humor.  Everyone needs to get over ourselves, don't you think?  No, I'm not ashamed of myself.  I am just a fallible and sometimes moronic human being like EVERYONE else.

Move on, nothing to see here...  I'll remove my initial reply ...  just for you.

BTW - how to you castigate someone and then say "Cheers?"  Irony, I reckon.

Dave

...don't do me any favours...I'm quite comfortable in my skin, thank you...

Cheers

blutto

SoCalWJS

Re: Some news on the diffusers... and some pictures...
« Reply #22 on: 4 Dec 2011, 05:55 pm »
Good questions.  Probably it would be quite a bit better.  It is pretty darned dense and opaque to light.  I looks like polyfleece.  I'll whistle up Danny and see if he can tell all of us what and where.

YO! - DANNY!!!

Dave

Ooooooopss :oops: Sorry, thought you knew - I will check with Danny. :green:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #23 on: 4 Dec 2011, 05:57 pm »
...methinks your sense of humour is in need of a major tune-up...would, if I were you, head to a humour repair  shop forthwith, otherwise the state of your soul will be severely and permanently compromised...

Cheers

blutto
Wow. Somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning????????

....oh well.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #24 on: 4 Dec 2011, 06:22 pm »
Hey Guys,

The curtain is just a fleece material picked up at a fabric shop.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #25 on: 4 Dec 2011, 06:32 pm »
Dave,
You have probably answered this and I just didn't see it, but how do these new diffusers behave differently than the ABB1 pattern?

Scott

SoCalWJS

« Reply #26 on: 4 Dec 2011, 06:37 pm »
Hey Guys,

The curtain is just a fleece material picked up at a fabric shop.
Thanks Danny. I'll take a look the next time I hit the fabric store.  :rotflmao:

......maybe I'll look online.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #27 on: 4 Dec 2011, 07:12 pm »
Dave,
You have probably answered this and I just didn't see it, but how do these new diffusers behave differently than the ABB1 pattern?

Scott
Scott, the new ones are very close to a quadratic residue equation diffuser.  The differences are that they are modified slightly at the very end of the period on each side to go together flushly in any configuration: male to male or female to female to give a better appearance and to make arrays more coherent.  A QRD will radiate in a cylinderical pattern with the cylinder aligned with the direction of the cells.  This can be a blessing or a curse depending upon the usage.  The ABB Series is a randomized radiation diffuser - more like a primitive root diffuser.  A true primitive root diffuser throws the radiated energy to the sides when the cells are aligned vertically.

QRD's can create huge soundfields when properly implemented - mostly centered between the speakers and behind the listening position.

More info to come.

Dave

face

« Reply #28 on: 5 Dec 2011, 06:22 am »
*subscribed*   :thumb:

DTB300

« Reply #29 on: 5 Dec 2011, 04:32 pm »
..... A QRD will radiate in a cylinderical pattern with the cylinder aligned with the direction of the cells.  This can be a blessing or a curse depending upon the usage.  The ABB Series is a randomized radiation diffuser - more like a primitive root diffuser.  A true primitive root diffuser throws the radiated energy to the sides when the cells are aligned vertically.
It will be interesting to compare the QRD with the ABB diffusors and the effect each has with the room and rig...
« Last Edit: 5 Dec 2011, 06:19 pm by DTB300 »

tasar

« Reply #30 on: 7 Dec 2011, 06:16 pm »
Scott, the new ones are very close to a quadratic residue equation diffuser.  The differences are that they are modified slightly at the very end of the period on each side to go together flushly in any configuration: male to male or female to female to give a better appearance and to make arrays more coherent.  A QRD will radiate in a cylinderical pattern with the cylinder aligned with the direction of the cells.  This can be a blessing or a curse depending upon the usage.  The ABB Series is a randomized radiation diffuser - more like a primitive root diffuser.  A true primitive root diffuser throws the radiated energy to the sides when the cells are aligned vertically.

Dave......sure we all hated the big "Q" in high school......you know "QUADRATIC EQUATIONS".....followed by UGHHHHH

Keep it simple and "for the love of Mike", have Igor put me on the guinea pig list !

the "other" Dave

QRD's can create huge soundfields when properly implemented - mostly centered between the speakers and behind the listening position.

More info to come.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #31 on: 7 Dec 2011, 06:26 pm »

Dave, you are on the list...  Not Mike's, but ours  :lol:

You did get me last communique concerning the gobo corner traps, correct?  These are what you want for those positions as well as the diffusers centered between the speakers.  I'm working on the 'T' Cut for these in a slightly lower order equation.

Dave, three
« Last Edit: 7 Dec 2011, 08:24 pm by dBe »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #32 on: 7 Dec 2011, 08:00 pm »
There's a guinea pig list??? Ooohhh, me, me.... pick me! Ooohhh over here, me! :hyper:

tasar

« Reply #33 on: 8 Dec 2011, 12:02 am »
Got GOBO ?

Yeah , gobo and gibbons to hold them vertical and move about

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 8 Dec 2011, 12:14 am »
There's a guinea pig list??? Ooohhh, me, me.... pick me! Ooohhh over here, me! :hyper:

LOL!  I think that is the most excited I have ever seen Scott!   :D

HT cOz

« Reply #35 on: 8 Dec 2011, 01:05 am »
Dave what is the minimum and optimum distance from the seating position to the rear wall for these new products?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #36 on: 8 Dec 2011, 02:12 am »
Dave what is the minimum and optimum distance from the seating position to the rear wall for these new products?
testing with the first generation of these guys back in the 90's showed about 3' minimum and from there on there was a diffuse freefield, so there is no maximum disctance.  Diffuse = diffuse.

Dave

Æ

« Reply #37 on: 8 Dec 2011, 02:16 am »
Making fun of wrinkled people Dave? You cannot even post at your own circle without getting into trouble? Ha!

sac8d4

« Reply #38 on: 8 Dec 2011, 05:35 am »
Dave,

Any idea on the pricing?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #39 on: 8 Dec 2011, 03:48 pm »
Making fun of wrinkled people Dave? You cannot even post at your own circle without getting into trouble? Ha!
Alan, if we can't laugh at ourselves, then what is the point, anyway   :nono: 

:lol:

Still PC incompatible, Dave