Austin Audio Meet - Saturday, March 17th

FredT300B

• Facilitator
Austin Audio Meet - Saturday, March 17th
« on: 19 Feb 2018, 12:07 pm »
I'm hosting an audio meet at my house on Saturday, March 17th, starting at 1:00PM. Dennis Deacon of D-Sonic will be here to demonstrate his M3a3000S class D stereo amp. We'll compare it to my class AB Krell. Everyone is invited. I'll post additional information as we get closer to the date of the meeting. Here's the link to an enjoythemusic review of the M3a3000s. http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0216/D_Sonic_M3_3000S_Dual_Mono_Amplifier_Review.htm

FredT300B

• Facilitator
Re: Austin Audio Meet - Saturday, March 17th
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2018, 12:57 pm »
We'll have two systems set up for this event. The main system will include the D-Sonic amp, a Simplicity Audio transformer-coupled tube preamp, an Oppo 95 player, and Selah Audio 2.5-way tower speakers using Scan Speak 7" Revelator woofers and air circ tweeter. The second system includes a Cabridge Audio Azur 840C player, a YS Audio tube preamp, an Emotiva power amp, and Eminent Technology LFT-8 hybrid planar speakers.

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2018, 05:46 pm »
I hope a few strong people show up for this event. My friend Richard is coming from Houston in a wind-up car. I think it's called a Chevy Bolt or something like that. I anticipate it will take a few hours of winding that big key on the back to charge the spring enough to get him back to Houston. Or I'm hoping there's an option to plug it into my 220V dryer receptacle so it will auto-wind. If he does plug it in I'll have to charge a 25 cents/hr environmental fee because my area is served by a nasty coal fired power plant.  :D

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2018, 05:14 pm »
report?