Thoughts on GR Research Super V vs. Triode Master

Shakeydeal

Thoughts on GR Research Super V vs. Triode Master
« on: 12 Feb 2018, 02:18 pm »
Would anyone like to venture a guess on how these two would compare? Better yet, if anyone has heard both and would like to offer an opinion, that would be great.

I currently own the Super V and like them a lot. But sometimes I think the P Audio driver doesn't have quite the resolving power of some speakers.

Any and all opinions welcome and appreciated.

Shakey

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Thoughts on GR Research Super V vs. Triode Master
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2018, 04:26 pm »
The Spatials have better mids, the Super V's have better bass. 

From the Super V's, I'd really look at the Otica speakers - same reference-level bass, much better mids/highs.  Or if the Super 7 Kit ever gets off the ground, then of course that's the best option, IMO.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2018, 05:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply. The Oticas are are kit, no? I am really not looking to build anything, just turn key.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2018, 05:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply. The Oticas are are kit, no? I am really not looking to build anything, just turn key.

Yep, Oticas are a kit, although there are people on this board that will custom build them for you. 

If you are going to go Spatial, don't mess around with the M3, it's not a serious upgrade to the Super V's.  Go for the X2's, they have the ribbon tweeter that's the only thing I've heard which is on par (and maybe even a bit better) than the OB planar tweeter that Danny uses in the Oticas (and Super 7s).  JMHO.