What speakers are you using with your RW amp?

Canyoneagle

Re: What speakers are you using with your RW amp?
« Reply #60 on: 19 Apr 2008, 03:53 pm »
Newly received Sig 30 with the 30.2 "sonic" upgrades is mated with Omega MaxHemps (96dB).  VERY nice combo. Spectacular, actually.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2008, 04:52 pm by Canyoneagle »

jrebman

« Reply #61 on: 24 Apr 2008, 03:48 pm »
Well, now have the 30.2 here and driving the Sapphire XLs, and what can I say, but they are just fantastic together.  Obviously there's a lot more break-in needed, but even from the first note I knew this was going to be a great pairing.  Thanks CSI and Jeff D. for the vote of confidence -- you were absolutely right.  My new Grover Huffman Silver-Carbon speaker cables arrived yesterday, so I hope to get those in this weekend.  Then my Dodd battery preamp should be here in another week or two, and then the fun will really begin.

I also recently picked up one of those NOS Sony Diiscman units from ALO, so now when called for, I can run 100% off the grid.

Can't wait until it all comes together!

Oh, and I have to say as a former owner of a custom Clari-T, and a pair of Signature 70s, that the .2 series amps are a whole other ballgame from the previous generation RWA amps -- so if you have or had those, you should seriously consider these new ones -- they sound like no tripath or digital amp I've ever had or heard!

-- Jim

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #62 on: 25 Apr 2008, 03:18 am »
All,

I just want to say thank you for all your posts... this thread has really grown and I appreciate all the feedback and
hopefully others will benefit from reading what speakers are a great match for the RWA amps!

Thanks again!

Vinnie

Canyoneagle

« Reply #63 on: 27 Apr 2008, 12:00 am »
Perhaps it is a bit of my own "early induction" into audio, but I'd love to hear how a set of 'current' Klipschorns would sound with the 30.2.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Beuller?

shazam

« Reply #64 on: 29 Apr 2008, 08:43 pm »
I am considering the 30.2 as a replacement for my Manley Stingray integrated and wonder if anyone has any experience with ProAc Response 1sc's.  I love the airy 'triode mode' feel I get with the ProAc and Manley combination, but want to start migrating off the grid for critical components.

My source is currently a Sonos network to a PS Audio DAC III but am looking at the ModWright Slim Devices Transporter to replace both of those.  But I'm most concerned first with being able to keep that 'ethereal' feel I get from my ProAcs.  Will the 30.2 still be able to deliver that in the absence of those EL84 tubes?

While I'm here, I might as well ask if there is anyone in the Phoenix area with one - I'd love to give it a listen in person.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2008, 09:56 pm by shazam »

Afterimage

« Reply #65 on: 29 Apr 2008, 11:01 pm »
Don't know about the ProAc, but there is a guy who post on Audiogon that did a direct comparison between the Manely Stingray and the 30.2.  I think the 30.2 won out in most categories.  Again, I don't remember what speakers he was using.  Just do a search on the Red Wine Audio and the thread should come up.

shazam

« Reply #66 on: 30 Apr 2008, 12:56 am »
Thanks Afterimage, the Audiogon review was indeed helpful.  The more I read and think about all this, the more I want to go off the grid with my whole system and sell all my power conditioning equipment.

el dub

« Reply #67 on: 30 Apr 2008, 11:52 pm »
I really like my Stingray.

So, I was jazzed to read that thread on audiogon concerning the comparison between the rwa and manley. (Especially since our new 30.2 should be ready in mid may.)
Looking forward to triode in the living room and battery power in the kitchen...

lw

kbuzz3

« Reply #68 on: 1 May 2008, 03:14 am »
Sig 30-original version>omega narrow 3s with the hemp driver. Im pro pre amp btw....the clarity without it is outstanding but i like the juicy musicality of a tube pre with rwa.

Afterimage

« Reply #69 on: 2 May 2008, 09:17 am »
Anyone try Redwine with Klipsch speakers?   I have a friend that has the Klipsch RF63s, I had never heard Klipsch before and I thought they sounded pretty good, except one thing, the horn tweeters were a little hot (bright).  He has a Denon reciever driving them so that could be the reason they were bright.  I was going to recomend my buddy look into tubes, but then thought maybe the Redwind Sig 30.2 would be a good match.  Thoughts?  I guess I could always bring the 70.2s over when I get them to try it out.

bump.  has anyone tried the Red Wine Amps with a speaker with a bright treble had any luck?  I guess most of the guys in this forum wouldn't buy bright speakers in the first place, but I thought I would check anyway.  Thanks

AVguy

« Reply #70 on: 10 May 2008, 04:07 am »
WLM speakers from Austria (97-98dB efficiency) are a perfect match for the Red Wine 30 or 30.2. They are recommended by Srajan at 6moons.com and by the WLM manufacturer. If you can get them used on Audiogon or canuckaudiomart.com, they are a great deal.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #71 on: 11 May 2008, 02:10 am »
WLM speakers from Austria (97-98dB efficiency) are a perfect match for the Red Wine 30 or 30.2. They are recommended by Srajan at 6moons.com and by the WLM manufacturer. If you can get them used on Audiogon or canuckaudiomart.com, they are a great deal.

Hi AVguy,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

YES -- In Germany and Austria, the WLM speakers are very popular and my German / Austrian Dealer (http://www.fricco.com) has reported very favorable results to me regarding pairing them with the 30.2 and 70.2!  I'm itching to hear this combo! 

Cheers!

Vinnie

Hifidelityaudio

• Power to spare
    • Hifidelityaudio
« Reply #72 on: 11 May 2008, 02:45 pm »
Myself being a veteran audio systems builder- dealer The Red Wine 70.2  amplifiers paired with the Omega Max Hemp Loudspeakers as well as  other preamp -cd sourses they are are a stunning combination I have built systems in the $30k range that are not this resolved . I must admit with the new Omega Loudspeakers their openess and detail really allow the Red wine 70.2s to shine.
Many consumers out there are swayed too easy by the review of the day or biggest ads .Any one with a open mind will hear
the purity of these winning combinations that are without peer at anywhere near their price point, with over 30 years in the field
I can say this with total conviction . With the addition of my new  deep Hemp sub and the upcoming                                           Isabella preamp dac together connected with VooDoo Audio cables this System will put to shame many megabuck systems !

Pelle

« Reply #73 on: 11 May 2008, 02:57 pm »

Hi AVguy,

YES -- In Germany and Austria, the WLM speakers are very popular and my German / Austrian Dealer (http://www.fricco.com) has reported very favorable results to me regarding pairing them with the 30.2 and 70.2!  I'm itching to hear this combo! 

Cheers!

Vinnie

WLM launched two new models a the Munich High End Show. The La Scala monitor (2490 euro/pair) and La Scala tower (2990 euro/pair) with 93 dB sensitivity. Should be a good match to a 30.2. Initial impressions of the two models have been very positive.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #74 on: 14 May 2008, 02:02 pm »
WLM launched two new models a the Munich High End Show. The La Scala monitor (2490 euro/pair) and La Scala tower (2990 euro/pair) with 93 dB sensitivity. Should be a good match to a 30.2. Initial impressions of the two models have been very positive.

Hi Pelle,

Yes, I have been receiving really good feedback from Munich regarding the RWA and WLM La Scala pairing.  Wish I could have made it to the show  :drool:

Here is a pic:

Thanks for posting,

Vinnie

wilsynet

« Reply #75 on: 17 May 2008, 07:31 am »
I've paired the Signature 30.2 I purchased recently with Zu Druid Mk4 speakers and their Mini-Method subwoofer.

The Druids have never sounded better.

kbuzz3

« Reply #76 on: 17 May 2008, 01:23 pm »
i can confirm the RWA + Omega combo.  Sig 30 original with omega super three narrow hemp and tbi subwoofer. 

Trounced an expensive pair of coincidents - at least in my room

Afterimage

« Reply #77 on: 17 May 2008, 07:18 pm »
I am using a Mark and Daniel Ruby and  Monitor Audio GS-60s with the 70.2s.   I like both speakers as they have a different presentation and each does certain things better.  The Ruby's image well, have good depth or present the music more 3D, and the bass in pretty darn good for such a small speaker.  The GS-60s have tons of detail/clarity.  A lot of people say the Monitor Audio GS-60s might be to much of a good thing, but those same people seem to be matching them with HT recievers.  With the 70.2s, I get the best of both worlds, the detail I enjoy, but without the brightness.  I thought about looking into the Omega's, but even though they don't look bad, they do not have the WAF as the Ruby's or GS-60s.  IMO, the GS-60s are one of the nicest looking speakers  out there.

TONEPUB

« Reply #78 on: 17 May 2008, 09:08 pm »
Back to the Harbeth Compact 7-III. Using my 30.2 as a power amp with
the Nagra PL-L as a preamp along with a McIntosh music server. and a
RWA iMod on the other input.

Nice combination!  Very happy with the 30.2!!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #79 on: 22 May 2008, 12:37 am »
All,

Thank you for continuing to add to this thread!  8)

I had the opportunity to listen to the Harbeth speakers powered by our 30.2 at the Montreal Show last month (some after-hours listening)... I was very impressed!  aa 

The Zu's and Omega's have always been a nice match, and kbuzz3's Mark and Daniel speaker experience is yet another time I have heard good things about this pairing (but I have yet to hear them!).

Keep 'em coming, and thanks again!

Vinnie