10 year warranty no longer Transferrable?

fplanner2000

10 year warranty no longer Transferrable?
« on: 25 Nov 2009, 04:57 am »
ALBERT/DAMON -

I saw this on the opening splash screen.  Does this apply to existing owners or just new purchasers?  I'd be interested in hearing the rationale for this apparent DECREASE in customer service.  Are you trying to make it more difficult for us to sell our speakers in the open market if we decide to upgrade or go in another direction?

IF that's the case, it doesn't send a very positive message to your existing user base.  It makes your used speakers less valuable and reflects negatively on new sales as well.  Seems like a big step BACKWARDS.  Please respond and enlighten myself and others - hopefully I just misread something..... j
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2009, 03:43 pm by fplanner2000 »

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: 10 year warranty no longer Transferrable?javascript:void(0);
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2009, 11:14 am »
As I read the info, the warranty will be there by a the valid sales receipt.

Quote AVS:

A valid sales receipt from an authorized VSA dealer will be required for any service requested under our warranty.

Regards,

Cor

fplanner2000

Re: 10 year warranty no longer Transferrable?javascript:void(0);
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2009, 02:08 pm »
Thanks for the response.  Not sure that addresses the warranty going away upon transfer of the product.  To me that just says that ANYONE who expects service on VSA speakers must have a receipt, even if they are the original owner.

ALBERT?

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Re: 10 year warranty no longer Transferrable?
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2009, 07:58 pm »
Hello Von Schweikert speaker owners,
If you have an existing Warranty from an Authorized dealer, the warranty IS transferable to the second owner.

The situation we have described on our new "popup" warning on our website refers to the "clones" of our VR-1, VR-2, VR-4 JR, LCR-1, TS-150, and VR-S/1 subwoofer.  These models were made in China and have been discontinued two years ago due to the change of ownership of the Chinese factory.  Clones by other Chinese factories are resurfacing on Ebay and Audiogon as "factory sealed Von Schweikerts" at 50% off.  Since these are unauthorized clones with poor quality, the reseller naturally won't warranty them, but hopes that our company will take care of the dissatisfied customers.  Since these clones have nothing to do with Von Schweikert Audio, we will not service them. Naturally, they don't have a warranty to begin with, so nothing is transferable.

In addition, the poor quality replicas of our speakers sold by Higher Fi and branded "LSA Audio" have nothing to do with our company.  Higher Fi is using our name to resell these clones, so buyer beware - according to extremely dissatisfied customers who have called us, these particular clones are junk, and our company did NOT design them for LSA - the designs were stolen from us by LSA's fabricator.

fplanner2000

Re: 10 year warranty no longer Transferrable?
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2009, 10:32 pm »
THANKS ALBERT