Amazon Echo Plus has died

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
Amazon Echo Plus has died
« on: 16 Mar 2020, 10:21 pm »
Hope this is the right circle. My 3 yr old Echo Plus will not enter set up mode. Tried the reset hole in the top but no go. I used this to listen to music on my small patio and on the front porch. I’m looking for a replacement blue tooth speaker to take it’s place. I really never used the Alexa voice control but it was useful for volume. Open to your ideas and thoughts. I’d like to spend under $200. Thanks in advance

soldermizer

Re: Amazon Echo Plus has died
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2020, 01:21 am »
I've had good results with my $20 Echo for a couple years. While I rarely use it for more than a glorified alarm clock, even this cheapest unit can be a Bluetooth receiver. I run my headphone outs to a chip amp and a pair of speakers.

richidoo

Re: Amazon Echo Plus has died
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2020, 02:09 am »
You could always buy another Echo Plus, they're relatively cheap, good bass.

Sonos is excellent, but in a different way than your stated goal. It has the streaming client software built into it, so it plays the music, you don't stream to it, but you can stream Spotify Connect from Spotify app on your phone, or use the built in Spotify app inside the Sonos. It will play every streaming music service, every online radio station, any music hosted on your own LAN, and it will sync to other Sonos elsewhere in the house. And it has programmable alarms to play your favs automatically on schedule. It's a pretty nice system. But no bluetooth on the $200 speaker model.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W8ZVXWR/   with or without Alexa

My son lends me his DOSS bluetooth speaker when we go away for weekend. Works good for $30.

BOSE and JBL also have very good bluetooth speakers in your price range.