Fresh Joule White Build

fex02

Re: Fresh Joule White Build
« Reply #40 on: 21 Jul 2015, 11:15 am »
The coming out party for the Joule White went extremely well.
"the best sounded rendition of that cd i ever heard " was one of the comments from a musician of 20 years.
here are some comments from our website :
FRANCIS & TAMMY- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ONE OF THE BEST SAS MEETINGS IN A WHILE. THE AUDIO, THE MEATBALLS AND SAS CAKE, THE MEMBERS, DID I SAY THE AUDIO. GREAT MEETING! THANK YOU AGAIN TAMMY AND FRANCIS AND SAS.

Very enjoyable listening session and great food!

Great setup, and meeting! Francis' Vapor Audio setup was fantastic... dynamic and musical across the entire frequency spectrum, and equally gorgeous to look at! The food and beverages were great, and the SAS logo cake really capped it all off!

Its funny that St.Loius is a creative think tank  for musical genius.Pete,Ryan,Chris huff(bpt) Brain Pape(gik) .My introduction back to audio was by Tim Simpson ,a St.Loius transplant to florida.
I am grateful to have met the bunch.
MY final comment from one of the guys at the meeting was "i have heard systems costing 3-4 times yours,and yours sounded way better"
"i have tears of emotion from connecting to the music"!
My journey back to audio world began with a trip to Ryan's house, and its been a fabulous journey.

dpatters

« Reply #41 on: 21 Jul 2015, 01:27 pm »
Glad to hear things went well!! :thumb:

Don P.

Berto

« Reply #42 on: 21 Jul 2015, 02:53 pm »
Kool, thanx for the feedback. The best thing that I read, and most excited about was...

"i have tears of emotion from connecting to the music"!

Can the music emotionally move you. IF that answer is a resounding yes, you're in heaven!

electricbear

« Reply #43 on: 21 Jul 2015, 04:38 pm »
They sounded as good at they looked. One of the few pairs of speakers that I could honestly say I'd be happy to own and live with long term. Detail, emotion, transparency with no listening fatigue.  :thumb:

KLH007

« Reply #44 on: 21 Jul 2015, 05:43 pm »
They sounded as good at they looked. One of the few pairs of speakers that I could honestly say I'd be happy to own and live with long term. Detail, emotion, transparency with no listening fatigue.  :thumb:

Your quote seems to be the reaction I've had to Vapor speakers.

electricbear

« Reply #45 on: 21 Jul 2015, 08:30 pm »
I've been in the industry for 18 years and have heard a lot of speakers. These are definitely up there with some of the best and are punching way above their weight class.

dpatters

« Reply #46 on: 23 Jul 2015, 07:55 pm »
As I have been spending almost all of my free time in front of these speakers, it has been difficult to find the time to post on them!  Some have expressed an interest in changes over time, and I thought I'd mention a couple of notes.

The speakers were so much better than what I had before, that it was difficult to find anything to criticize.  At around 100 hours of play time, not including time at the House of Vapor, there was a rather sudden change for the better, however.  A bit of reticence in the midrange (only apparent in retrospect) vanished and there was a newfound sparkle there, adding a captivating magic to vocals and strings especially.   In addition, already wonderful imaging improved.  The two together create that sensation of "you are there," which reminds me of those first experiences in audio that drew me into the hobby.  Some of the better Diana Krall and Harry Connick Jr albums are just amazing, with detail and aural textures in their voices that I hadn't heard before.  The first track from George Winston's Linus and Lucy album is also noteworthy with those piano notes just hanging in space and with richly layered harmonics.

Bass seems to be evolving to a very subtle degree, but it is hard to say if it is my ears/mood or anything objective.  It went from spectacular to great and now approaching spectacular again.

Not having heard the Joule Blacks, it would be difficult to compare the two.  What I will say is that I haven't heard anything that has had a hard or bright edge, and there is no fatigue whatsoever.  I imagine that the speed and detail I hear in the White may be interpreted differently by some, particularly if associated electronics emphasize those things.

Anyway, really great stuff.  I am just smitten with the speakers.

Ryan (the lesser)
Very few people have heard both the Joule White and the Joule Black. The Blacks were shown at RMAF 2014 and then shipped to me.  I believe they are the only pair of Joule Blacks built to this point.
If anyone want to travel to central PA to hear the Blacks they are welcome.  Also football season rapidly approaching!!  We Are...

Don P.

spreadspectrum

« Reply #47 on: 24 Jul 2015, 11:47 am »
Don,

I somewhat rarely pass though central Pennsylvania, and may one day take you up on your offer!  Would be nice to drag along the Joule Whites for a direct sound-off, but their size and weight would make such a thing unlikely.

I hope that Ryan doesn't mind my saying, but he had just a brilliant idea for a pair of Joule - build one pair of bass units and one pair each of the white and black top units.   Put two different optimized crossovers in the bass unit that could be selected manually and walla: almost instant Joule White/Black comparison.  The cost for an extra pair of top units and the crossovers would not be insignificant, but this may offer the ultimate for the tweaker out there.

Haven't been thinking much on football with the audio stuff happening, but indeed, the fall is an exciting time of year.  Will have to see if Harbaugh can reverse the death spiral at Michigan...

Ryan

dpatters

« Reply #48 on: 24 Jul 2015, 12:03 pm »
Ryan,

You would be welcome anytime.  My wife and I are Penn State Alums and still reside in State College. We tried Philadelphia for a few years
but decided we really enjoyed the college town life.  Football weekends are always a great time and now that we are almost back to a level
playing field you can sense the excitement.

Don

spreadspectrum

« Reply #49 on: 24 Jul 2015, 01:46 pm »
Don,

Totally agree on the college town atmosphere.  My wife and I are University of Michigan alums, and we'd both love to be back in Ann Arbor.  As fate would have it, I now work for MSU.  Nice to be in a college town, but not quite the same magic here.  Furthermore, while Ann Arbor is only an hour away, it seems it is just enough to prevent regular access.  Out of habit, due to the terrible teams Michigan has fielded the last few years, I didn't get football tickets this year, which are now almost gone... rats.

Ryan

Sorry to others for the diversion from audio!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #50 on: 27 Jul 2015, 02:07 am »

Thanks for sharing impressions Tim, glad you had a chance to hear them.