Linked Events

• AUDIO EXPO NORTH AMERICA: 12 Apr 2019 - 14 Apr 2019

AXPONA - 2019

witchdoctor

Re: AXPONA - 2019
« Reply #40 on: 22 Apr 2019, 03:01 pm »
If I went to a "show" and saw a bunch of "affordable" systems I would not bother going in the first place. I think the reason for the mega buck systems at a "show" is to draw a crowd. It is like where else can you go to see $$$$$ of gear assembled in one place?
As for the younger set I think the active speakers are getting traction like the new SVS Wireless.

OzarkTom

« Reply #41 on: 22 Apr 2019, 08:58 pm »
If I went to a "show" and saw a bunch of "affordable" systems I would not bother going in the first place. I think the reason for the mega buck systems at a "show" is to draw a crowd. It is like where else can you go to see $$$$$ of gear assembled in one place?
As for the younger set I think the active speakers are getting traction like the new SVS Wireless.

Not even one?

witchdoctor

« Reply #42 on: 23 Apr 2019, 03:19 am »
In other words I wouldn't pay for tickets for what I can see at a local dealer. I think vendors setup mega buck systems to attract attendees and to one up the competition.

stonedeaf

« Reply #43 on: 23 Apr 2019, 06:05 am »
Bought a three day pass -was lucky to get 3 hours in Friday -work got the rest of the weekend. Here's what impressed me: Sweet Vinyl had two new models SC-1 mini and the long awaited SC-1 mini/phono. I continue to really enjoy not hearing clicks n pops thanks to my Sweet Vinyl boxes -most recently when I grabbed five jazz classics from Half price and discovered somebody had done something that looked really good -but left a storm of clicks n pops - was going to return them- but moved the SC-1 to that TT and the noise went away :-) -this still stinks -hopefully this is NOT something 1/2 price is doing? The mini/phono makes a lot of sense -might as well do RIAA EQ in the digital domain since the signal is going there as part of noise removal in Sweet Vinyl processors anyway. Bryston room sounded great. Does anybody remember what the name of the Italian manufacturer is who was sharing the London Decca room ? Very nice sound . madisound was demoing the Linwitz LXmini's -gotta put together the pair in my basement SOON. Been going to Trade/audio shows since the late 60's -in general -the first day is often the best -simply because the  presenters/sales people aren't typically burned out yet. Lots of stuff that is very H$end and (now that I'm out of the stereo biz) of no interest to me. Bought a Soundsmith Otello cart -what i really need -ANOTHER cart. I've now got a week of late night listening in on it and am really impressed.

audio.bill

« Reply #44 on: 23 Apr 2019, 12:36 pm »
Does anybody remember what the name of the Italian manufacturer is who was sharing the London Decca room ? Very nice sound .
That would be Grandinote - http://www.axpona.com/exhibitors_detail.asp?ID=23442

OzarkTom

« Reply #45 on: 23 Apr 2019, 01:05 pm »
In other words I wouldn't pay for tickets for what I can see at a local dealer. I think vendors setup mega buck systems to attract attendees and to one up the competition.

It is good info on how these very expensive systems sounds so bad in these small hotel rooms. Then you can go home to your much cheaper system and not feel you are missing anything. :thumb:

Lance

AXPONA - 2020
« Reply #46 on: 28 Feb 2020, 03:16 pm »
Just interested...anyone in the Mid-Atlantic region heading up to AXPONA 2020 in April? Would be fun to meet up for drinks....

Kind regards,
Lance
Atlanta

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: 30 Apr 2020, 03:33 pm »
It's completely canceled for 2020

Dear AXPONA Community;
[/color][/size]It is with heartfelt disappointment but concern for the health and safety of all AXPONA participants that we announce today the official cancellation of AXPONA 2020 due to the impact of COVID-19. We thank everyone who had committed to making the 2020 event into what would have been the largest and most attended AXPONA in history. Although there remains over three months until our August dates, we do not feel 100% confident that we can provide a safe environment for all of our customers and press to network and do business in Schaumburg by that date.[/font]
We are reaching out directly to exhibitors, sponsors and attendees this morning with further details. These are enormously challenging times for everyone’s personal and business lives but let us stay strong, caring and united. The industry will come through this together and it will be a better and safer world on the other side. We look forward to hosting a celebratory AXPONA for the ages when we all meet again in 2021.
Sincerely,
Joel A. Davis
Founder & CEO
JD Events