Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #200 on: 29 Nov 2010, 09:03 pm »

Send them back!  :thumb:

or to meeee.   :green:

pjnad

« Reply #201 on: 29 Nov 2010, 09:22 pm »
I could.... :nono: but, since they do seem to have worked in a positive way ( re: Voila!) on my bass modules, I think I'll just keep them  :lol:

but really gentleman...I was hoping for some more enlightening words of wisdom  :roll:

roscoeiii

« Reply #202 on: 29 Nov 2010, 09:24 pm »
Earlier posts in this thread seem to suggest that some break-in is necessary. I'd give them some  more time in the position where you'd most like them to have an impact...

Wayner

« Reply #203 on: 29 Nov 2010, 09:58 pm »
so...mine arrived earlier today; I ordered 2 pair for my biwired VonSchweikert VR4's with upgraded drivers. After putting them onto all 4 negative terminals, I let them run in for about an hour and a half before really sitting down to listen.
My impression was disappointment, my all solid state system was not nearly as resolving or detailed, in fact the highs sounded smooth but muddy, as did the bass. wondering...could these things work differently on all solid state systems ( seems that many of you are running at least some tubes )? Are the VS speakers built differently?
Next, I removed the ge's from the tweeter/mid modules and the clarity returned, albeit, slightly more edgy?digital? but definitely more enjoyable...after a short listen, I hooked the now spare ge's to the neg terminals on my Krell amp, on the outputs that carry the low frequency signals to the bass module of the VR4's, which still had the ge's. Voila! Nice! bass seemed to become more defined and some grunge and bloat was removed, the system seems to 'swing" with excellent pace and rhythm.
I guess time will tell...in a few days I might try reconnecting them to the upper speaker modules again and have another listen.
Anybody have any thoughts???

You have just installed antenna wires on your speaker cables. What where you expecting?

Wayner

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #204 on: 29 Nov 2010, 10:03 pm »
So far so good here, just using one pair at the speakers negative terminal. I have a powered subwoofer and hung one on the RCA plug inputting it but didn't notice any real changes, probably not the best way to hook it up to a sub anyway.

After having these in my system for a little over a week they are keepers, I love the clarity and imaging benefits they provide. I'm thinking if I get too many involved in the chain I could very easily go past "Good" sound and screw up the nice quality I'm getting now. My system is very basic so for me one pair works just right. I'm sure others with more elaborate setups would benefit from possibly adding more and aside from the first night of "brightness" in my case these have settled in very nicely.  :dance:

bacobits1

« Reply #205 on: 29 Nov 2010, 10:14 pm »
Agreed, they are nice here too. They are very nice!!
Now, we'll see if that changes at all. No harsh brightness, yet.
They sound very musical and add even more presence, I will call it, and I would say improves things top to bottom.
I have one pair connected to the - speaker terminals via a banana plug on the -tweeter post. My speakers are Bi-wireable. I do not Bi-wire. Check my system for any details.

I will post more as changes happen.

D
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2010, 04:53 pm by bacobits1 »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #206 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:32 am »
I could.... :nono: but, since they do seem to have worked in a positive way ( re: Voila!) on my bass modules, I think I'll just keep them  :lol:

but really gentleman...I was hoping for some more enlightening words of wisdom  :roll:

Read the Thread! I for one see no need to repeat what I've already wrote and it's all good on my end. These "little antennas" as referenced by the toaster cable guy are the Arc of the Covenant in my system. What they do for those who are having an issue with them or the uninformed that refuse to even try them first before opening up their mouths,,, well that's just unfortunate. But I stand by what I have already said pjnad, my "words of wisdom".  :roll:

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2010, 03:17 am by satfrat »

pjnad

« Reply #207 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:01 am »
Robin,
I have been folllowing this thread very closely as I awaited my shipment of the ge's...and I read of your experiences, which only made me more anxious to get mine into my system.
So...after hooking them up today, and not experiencing the audio nirvana I was expecting ( because I have been following this thread very closely) based on yours and others reports, I wondered what it was that might be causing this apparent discrepancy? And, reached out for some intelligent discussion.... :scratch:

And yes, I also understand that there is a break-in period...but many of the previous posts both here and on other sites, spoke of a virtually immediate positive impact...again making me question what it might be,  specific to my system... :?

pjnad

« Reply #208 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:04 am »
And, again if you read my earlier post I did say that they seem to have worked well on my bass module...and, yes, I am keeping them...for now...

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #209 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:12 am »
Robin,
I have been folllowing this thread very closely as I awaited my shipment of the ge's...and I read of your experiences, which only made me more anxious to get mine into my system.
So...after hooking them up today, and not experiencing the audio nirvana I was expecting ( because I have been following this thread very closely) based on yours and others reports, I wondered what it was that might be causing this apparent discrepancy? And, reached out for some intelligent discussion.... :scratch:

And yes, I also understand that there is a break-in period...but many of the previous posts both here and on other sites, spoke of a virtually immediate positive impact...again making me question what it might be,  specific to my system... :?

Well the best I can offer is you read the DIY thread here and the Audiogon threads here for hidden clues as to what you're suppose to hear. But for my point of view, you have 30 days to find out if you like what they have to offer,,, or you don't. No amount of reading will help this and this is pretty much a staight forward tweek as far as it's application. No big secrets about which direction they should be pointing from the loudspeaker.  :lol:  If Bud, the inventor can't give you the answers you seek,,, and he's offered quite a few answers in the links I provided, then I guess it's just up to you & your ears.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

MT POCKETS

« Reply #210 on: 30 Nov 2010, 09:56 am »
They need time to break in. When I installed them my system sounded so bad I removed them after 5 hours. I installed them later that night and let them burn in overnight. The next day the sound did improve and continued to improve thru out the day. After about 24 hours there was a complete change for the better.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #211 on: 30 Nov 2010, 11:54 am »
It seems these are very system dependant in terms of how they behave.

pjnad

« Reply #212 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:28 pm »
thanks... last night I moved the pair that was on my amp back to the upper module of the speakers...sound was much better than earlier in the day in terms of resolution and clarity, much of the muddiness was gone, although some of the delicacy as well.
The system has been running all night, and I'll have a listen soon.
More to come....

Paul

mdfoy

« Reply #213 on: 30 Nov 2010, 04:25 pm »
After 10 days, the system sounds better with the ground enhancers in. The spaciousness and depth increases are the most telling. In my system, they are well worth the small investment. :thumb:

I have bi-wireable speakers and have a set on each negative terminal, and posted a picture on 11/20.

gibheid

« Reply #214 on: 30 Nov 2010, 07:05 pm »
Agreed, they are nice here too. They are very nice!!
Now, we'll see if that changes at all. No harsh brightness, yet.
They sound very musical and add even more presence, I will call it, and I would say improves things top to bottom.
I have one pair connected to the - speaker terminals via a banana plug on the -tweeter post. My speakers are Bi-wireable. I do not Bi-wire. Check my system for any details.

I will post more as changes happen.

D

Hi Bacobits1,

I see you have your Ground Enhancer on the positive terminal of your speakers. Did you find that it performed better there?

bacobits1

« Reply #215 on: 30 Nov 2010, 07:35 pm »
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your right.
I gotta check that out.

What happened was I was inverting phase on the amp end. That's how this happened. It is now corrected as far as the picture and both ends of speaker cable are + to + and - to minus. The enhancers are on the - terminals to the same effect.
Sorry I didn't want to cause that confusion.

I'm losing it. :scratch:

D
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2010, 09:26 pm by bacobits1 »

MT POCKETS

« Reply #216 on: 30 Nov 2010, 08:56 pm »
It seems these are very system dependant in terms of how they behave.
Yes from what I have read a lot of systems had an immediate postive effect. Not so in my system.

gibheid

« Reply #217 on: 30 Nov 2010, 11:40 pm »
What happened was I was inverting phase on the amp end.

That makes sense. There are no phase-inverting components in my system, so I didn't have to consider stuff like that.

I must say I have the best sound that I've ever attained in my system since installing Ric's Ground Enhancers, and I don't even have my best CD player in the line--it needs a repair! I had a few issues with the brightness that others have reported, but it turned out to be problems in other places:

• Cleaning the CD's themselves produced massive improvements. I normally treat discs with Auric Illuminator to decent effect, but I've been lax in this recently. I noticed the worst offenders in the stridency stakes were those disks I hadn't treated. A quick polish worked dramatic wonders, that seemed more potent than usual!
  • The copper leads on the GE's themselves looked a bit dull. My favourite way to polish bare copper is with Flitz and a Dremel tool with a felt bit fitted. I polished the ends, and used alcohol to clean off the residue, and again a good result was had.
  • I put the GE's lead-wire inside the connecting spades, alongside my speaker cable--one at the negative terminal of the speaker end, and one at -ve of the amp end. This too was a big improvement over using a banana socket, or piggybacking on the spade connector, again with less brightness ensuing.
  • I took my system apart and cleaned all of the connections--including the fuses--with Caig DeOxit and Caig ProGold (or whatever it's called now, I'm still using up the old stuff). A huge difference! This always was a goodie, but with the GE's in the equation, a new and heretofore unsuspected plateau of excellence has been reached!

Putting Ric's GE's in my rig has been like adding the final piece that ties everything together. They're simple and straightforward to use, but they're by no means plug-and-play. If you take all of the usual and necessary steps of good audio husbandry you'll get terrific results (if I'm anything to go by...)

:D
« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2010, 06:08 am by gibheid »

rtate

« Reply #218 on: 1 Dec 2010, 12:01 pm »
Just wondering how you guys are placing your orders.... :scratch:
I am sure Ric is overwhelmed by the response to the GE's.
I have e-mailed twice and do not want to be a "P.I.A.". but I would like to secure an order   :green:.
How are we supposed to order and pay using paypal??
Should I just be more patient and wait for Ric's response?
« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2010, 05:44 pm by rtate »

scp2

« Reply #219 on: 1 Dec 2010, 12:57 pm »
I sent an email and told him what I wanted and asked how to pay..he sent an email the next day with the amount and said to pay paypal to his email address and it would be about a week before shipment. That was last week...so I am hoping mine ships this week.