HUGE speakers

ekovalsky

HUGE speakers
« on: 9 Dec 2003, 08:13 am »
Someone (hopefully with a very big room) got a real bargain on these.  I wanted a pair sooo bad when I was in college, but couldn't afford them plus I was in a dorm  :lol:

Interesting to see how the VMPS designs have matured over the years, particularly while some of the more worthy competitors (Apogee, Dunlavy, Genesis, ESP, etc) have vanished.  These look so barbaric compared with the newer designs, particularly the RM/x.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3063270721&category=14993

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
HUGE speakers
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2003, 04:17 am »
Those are my main speakers!!  (Except mine are the SE edition, and in black).  I'll be selling mine soon (for some RM-40's, along with 626r's to replace my Alon Centris dipoles on the sides and rears.)  Hopefully I can get that kind of return on them; they are in great shape.  I was going to go LCR for the center (currently a standard 626), but now thinking rm-30 horizontal maybe?  My room is 15.25 x 23 x 10 ( 8 ft walls, coffered ceiling up to 10 foot center ceiling).  

Anyway, been lurking forever on this site, been conversing with John Casler, et al, on other forums, and enjoy the chats over here.  I've been a VMPS customer since 1987.  Brian sold me my Super Towers after visiting him at his home in El Sobrante back those 16 years ago.  He demo'd them to me down in his basement.  

Anyway, it was great to see those Super Towers sell!  

Ted_B

warnerwh

HUGE speakers
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2003, 05:38 am »
At the price of 1250 those would be hard to beat. They'd make great fronts in a HT system too.

John Casler

HUGE speakers
« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2003, 06:03 am »
Hi Ted,

How is everything in Westlake.  My father is out here in LA visiting from Mansfield and not in any hurry to get back.

Your timing couldn't be any better, what with the RM30 coming out and the MLS cabinets coming early next year.

16 years is a "good run".

I know how hard it is to part with your VMPS speakers, even to get "more" VMPS speakers.

I just sold my RM40s to a great guy down in San Diego and it was tough to see them get carted (actually I did the carting) out the door. :cry:

But I'm already looking forward to another pair of RM40s to replace them. :o

Glad to see you posting over here.  This is a great forum.