looking to hear RM 40's in NYC area

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« on: 17 Nov 2003, 04:24 am »
Hi,

I really would like to hear the 40's in the NYC area.  I talked to Roop and he won't be able to help me for 3-4 weeks (or maybe longer).

Anybody willing to let mw come on over?

I can bring refreshments and food  :lol:

You can respond to me via PM or e-mail me at: george@smarts.com

Thanks,

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2003, 04:33 am »
Brian,

Since Roop isn't an option for the near future, can you PM me and let me know if there is anybody in the NYC area who would be kind enough to let me hear the 40's?

George

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2003, 04:42 am »
George,

Have 'ya tried asking this question in the NYC Circle? I know of at least one NYC resident with 40's.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2003, 12:00 pm »
Yes I have.

No replies   :cry:

GW

Horsehead

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2003, 01:16 pm »
I'm about an hour away from you, hopefully that is a reasonable distance for you to travel.  If and when I ever get my FST dressplates, you are more than welcome to come over and have a listen.  Our room sizes are very similar so you can get a good idea how the 40s would integrate in your room.  Hopefully my associated equipment will be to your liking. I'm also waiting for a BPT Sig 3.5 to arrive, and I'm also in the process of biamping the 40s.  If you can be patient for just a little while longer I think it will be worth the wait.  We can discuss further via e-mail.

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2003, 01:55 pm »
zybar,

sorry I hadn't been paying much attention lately.  you are welcome to try to work something out to listen to my setup.  I have the RM40 in a small/mid sized room. PM me and we'll work something out.

ekovalsky

« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2003, 02:29 am »
Horsehead, are you biamping with the two X350 amps?  I am planning on selling my PS Classic 250 and going with either Pass or Ampzilla (if I get them painted black or grey with the trekkie logo left off).

Also are you replacing the P600 with the BPT 3.5 Sig?  I have a P1000 I probably will sell.

If anyone wants to know why I'm selling the PS gear PM me.

Horsehead

« Reply #7 on: 21 Nov 2003, 02:38 am »
Hi Eric,

Before I try biamping with the Pass gear, I just had to check out the Solar HiFi Fusion H1 monoblocks- http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=6111
They seem to be close to the "perfect" amp and I like to support the manufacturers at AudioCircle so I thought I would give them a try.  Kevin sells them with a 21 day trial period- nothing to lose.  Mine should be here in around 2-3 weeks in you want to wait for some feedback.  

I'm replacing the P600 and P300 with a 3.5 Signature.  The PS stuff had some drawbacks I didn't care to deal with any longer.

Marbles

« Reply #8 on: 21 Nov 2003, 02:48 am »
One thing, you'll be able to plug your amps into the BPT 3.5......

Sedona Sky Sound

« Reply #9 on: 21 Nov 2003, 06:24 am »
Hey Eric,
Even though I thought he would never do it, James is actually offering black faceplates for a limited time (but they still have the 14k gold "A" on the front). As far as I know, there are currently only 2 in existance (James made them for a friend somewhere in Germany). Cost is an extra $150 per amp (yep, gotta pay for the privledge of being unique  :roll: ).    

I am still waiting for my Son of Ampzilla to arrive. The final production version is supposedly being assembled right now. Every indication is that it should be even better than the Ampzilla 2000 for driving the mid/tweeters on the RM40 or RM/X. Will let everyone know once I have had a chance to put it through its paces.  

Julian
www.sedonaskysound.com