Poll

Are portable gaming systems irrelevant or....

Will be a ubiquitous part of the mobile, wireless society of today and tomorrow
0 (0%)
No, they are simply a manifestation of youth consumer power
2 (25%)
Got to be kidding me, the next wave of gaming will come with the next generation wireless based virtual games on cellphones
0 (0%)
They are peanuts in comparison to the monsters of home console gaming
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 5 Mar 2006, 07:45 pm

Nintendo to lunch on Sony PSP in the fave stores near you

Bemopti123

While the PSP seemed to have had the design edge in comparison to the original Nintendo DS, as the DS seemed bulky and more geared to youngsters, see how Nintendo will do a Godzilla job on Sony...

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6145347/index.html

PS:  cannot wait until this and more DS items such as Metroid Prime Hunters are released.

mcrespo71

« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2006, 09:57 pm »
Are you actually going to buy this if you already own a DS?  I sure the hell am not.

Bemopti123

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2006, 10:20 pm »
I am not buying the new DS, but I am interested in the upcoming titles!

mcrespo71

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2006, 10:33 pm »
Quote from: Bemopti123
I am not buying the new DS, but I am interested in the upcoming titles!

Well, Metroid Prime hunters should be great, even if it's only half as good as MP, which was one of the best games this generation.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2006, 12:27 am »
I finally saw a PSP a couple months back, and I was very impressed.  I can't imagine what I'd do with one if I had it, but it was neat.

mcrespo71

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2006, 01:13 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I finally saw a PSP a couple months back, and I was very impressed.  I can't imagine what I'd do with one if I had it, but it was neat.

You could, perhaps.......... play it. :wink:  :lol:

skchow

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2006, 01:56 am »
I don't have an original DS and am currently on a waitlist to get an imported   DS lite.  Unfortunately, supplies were so low that the price per unit got jacked up to 300$ on launch day. :(

Sunny.

Bemopti123

« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2006, 02:39 am »
I say patience was a virtue for me, for I got my Red DS, the Mario Kart racing pack with a $15 discount, the day after X-mas.  I would wait and wait until the supplies for the Lite are up to speed.  The only thing that it will prove, if you can wait for it to be accesible is that you can be patience.  $300 is a lot of extra game packs!

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2006, 11:59 am »
I am not currently a hand held owner.  But having researched (uhm :roll:  for my 7 yr old), I think the best bang for the buck is the DS lite.  She will be getting one for her birthday.
It has alot of great potential. Oh, I really do have a thing against Sony.

mcrespo71

« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2006, 01:33 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71
Are you actually going to buy this if you already own a DS?  I sure the hell am not.

OK, I'm eating crow now.  I saw more pictures of the DS Lite and decided I had to have it.  I just put my original DS up on half.com and went to EB to preorder the DS and the new Mario game, which just got a 9.5 in IGN!  I'm stoked for all this DS goodness.

BTW, Metroid Prime Hunters RAWKS!

Bemopti123

« Reply #10 on: 9 May 2006, 01:41 am »
Michael, I have not played Metroid Prime Hunters too much since I got it, maybe I need a map or guide?  I went online once and became mincemeat pronto.  The DS will rock.

Hello, where is the PSP players?  SONY with its attempted overhaul is say the least  a leviathon when it comes to making a system that will entice players with GOOD titles and not a plethora of bleh titles.  The DS lite will drive the final stake at the PSP..not killing it but making it just one more portable system that is sold not for its gameability, but for its looks and overdone features.  

Now, the PS3 will be coming out almost 4-5 months after the Nintento WII and almost 1.3 years after the Xbox 360, that is sad.

mcrespo71

« Reply #11 on: 9 May 2006, 01:51 am »
Paul,

Are you a member of IGN?  You can join for $20- get a subscription to Blender/Maxim and, more importantly, get access to a guide for literally every important guide released.  I use it constantly.  And if you've never played a Metroid game before, a guide is really essential, since Metroid is more about exploration, using your visor to assess each area, and solving puzzles.  Metroid is not a traditional FPS where you go into a room and start kicking ass.  It's far more thoughtful and kind of like Zelda with a gun, which is why it's more appropriately a First Person Adventure.  It's a hard game, but once you get used to the learning curve and what you need to do to accomplish your goals, it makes other traditional shooter games seem overly simplistic- at least IMO.

Good luck and, yes, you need a guide.  Either buy a shiny $15 guide with pictures or join IGN.