Totem Acoustics

kentwo

Totem Acoustics
« on: 8 Jun 2019, 03:35 am »
I'm moving to a new place and now need some way to mount my 2 front Totem Dreamcatchers.
Since they are older models, I'm having difficulty finding mounts or stands from Totem for them. Are there generic equipment that I could use?

The two rear and center speaker all works well, so not really looking at a whole new system, but eBay and other used sources don't have Totem Dreamcatcher accessories. Is it worth it, or should I just buy new front speakers?

Mr Peabody

Re: Totem Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2019, 07:16 pm »
If your other speakers are the same brand/model, I really encourage keeping with timbre matched.  In addition, I would think you are happy with the Dreamcatcher sound.

I wish I had a resolution for you.  Have you emailed Totem to see if they have any suggestions or old hardware for them?

Welcome to AC

kentwo

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2019, 04:41 am »
Thanks.
Haven’t emailed yet been looking around the internet.

witchdoctor

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2019, 12:44 pm »

kentwo

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2019, 01:46 am »
I have the Videosecu side clamping mount speaker brackets, they have a lot of solutions:

https://www.videosecu.com/speaker-mount/

https://www.videosecu.com/side-clamping-speaker-mounting-bracket-with-tilt-and-swivel-for-large-surrounding-sound-speakers-ms56b/

Awesome. I'll look into these. A few of the universal stands/mounts I saw would require me to drill some holes in my speakers to install and I wanted to avoid that if possible.

witchdoctor

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2019, 03:07 pm »
Awesome. I'll look into these. A few of the universal stands/mounts I saw would require me to drill some holes in my speakers to install and I wanted to avoid that if possible.

The clamps work fine and the mounts will tilt and rotate. You can use a little blue tack inside the brackets to help secure them.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2019, 09:40 pm »
I’d email totem. I’m 99% sure they make/made them. I don’t see them on their website anymore though. Totem is quite good about supporting their products; if they don’t make something, I’m sure they’ll recommend something specific.

skalos

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2019, 07:45 pm »
If you want a simple wall mount, you can make them for almost nothing (scrap wood) and very easily.  See the youtube video and make it even easier for speakers.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8BEtADxxWk"

You can just cut 1 piece of wood to make both pieces so that if the cut is not exactly 45degrees, they will both still fit together perfectly.

Good luck in sour search.

Steven

kentwo

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2019, 01:06 am »
I’d email totem. I’m 99% sure they make/made them. I don’t see them on their website anymore though. Totem is quite good about supporting their products; if they don’t make something, I’m sure they’ll recommend something specific.

Thanks.
Emailed them and they instructed me to see my authorized dealer who could order the wall mounts for me.
Going to ask the dealer for a price, but I might go with the stands that were recommended earlier if it is way cheaper.