Question for Danny (SA-1 plate amplifier & PAudio coaxial)

Guy 13

Hi Danny.
This afternoon I did a side by side comparaison test on the V-1 and V-2, I have to do more test to make double sure of the results, the write up and posting on Audio Circle should be seen this weekend.
On the SA-1 the red and black tumb connectors knobs posts for the input signal are not 5 ways terminals and it's difficult to insert the solid conductor you sold me.
It might be a good idea if you could have the same type of wires as on the output pigtail wires, then no wires would show up on top of the SA-1.
I've noticed that the SA-1 run much hotter than the Rythmik A370PEQ, why is that ?

Another subject.
Some where in one of your post, I saw that you had some kind of foam donut over the back side of the tweeter of the PAudio caxial driver on the V-1, I tried to do the same with a soft foam donut I salvage from packing in a box, what do you think. As usual, you will tell me it's does not help ! (Ha, ha...)

That's all for now.
have a nice day.
Guy 13 in hot and humid Vietnam.

Danny Richie

Re: Question for Danny (SA-1 plate amplifier & PAudio coaxial)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2010, 03:17 pm »
For one, you will need to put a good 100 hours on the V-2's to burn them in. Do that first them compare.

Second, use a banana plug on the end of your wire if using the high level inputs. Depending one your amp quality, you might get better sound using the low level inputs.

And you will have to tell me if the foam around the back of your tweeter sounds better in your room. Maybe, maybe not.

The SA-1 doesn't have heat sinks but uses the plate to dissipate heat.

Guy 13

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2010, 04:28 am »
For one, you will need to put a good 100 hours on the V-2's to burn them in. Do that first them compare.

Second, use a banana plug on the end of your wire if using the high level inputs. Depending one your amp quality, you might get better sound using the low level inputs.

And you will have to tell me if the foam around the back of your tweeter sounds better in your room. Maybe, maybe not.

The SA-1 doesn't have heat sinks but uses the plate to dissipate heat.
Hi Danny.
Both my V-1 and V-1 only have a few hours on them, however, I did any way a comparaison this morning and I will do it again after 100 hours of music.
I will post my preliminary findings this weekend, for now I can only tell you that it looks good, very good.
The banana plugs on all my cables fit everything, except your SA-1, the hole seems to be smaller than the standard 5 ways posts.
As for using the hi level inputs, I need a signal output from my amplifier, which I don't have right now. (It's on my wish list of options/upgrades)
Did not have time to try with and without the yellow Dunkins Donut foam, it will be done with my next audition probably this coming Sunday. I am sure you know that there is only so many hours in one day !
I hope your SA-1 plate amplifier was design to work in the hot ckimat of Texas, which should be about the same as in Vietnam.
Stay tune, more (Good stuff) to come.
Guy 13.

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2010, 05:01 am »
Hi Danny.
Both my V-1 and V-1 only have a few hours on them, however, I did any way a comparaison this morning and I will do it again after 100 hours of music.
I will post my preliminary findings this weekend, for now I can only tell you that it looks good, very good.
The banana plugs on all my cables fit everything, except your SA-1, the hole seems to be smaller than the standard 5 ways posts.
As for using the hi level inputs, I need a signal output from my amplifier, which I don't have right now. (It's on my wish list of options/upgrades)
Did not have time to try with and without the yellow Dunkins Donut foam, it will be done with my next audition probably this coming Sunday. I am sure you know that there is only so many hours in one day !
I hope your SA-1 plate amplifier was design to work in the hot ckimat of Texas, which should be about the same as in Vietnam.
Stay tune, more (Good stuff) to come.
Guy 13.
Hi (Again) Danny.
I am a believer of side by side comparaison test.
For me and maybe only for me, to really hear the difference between two sets of speakers is to switch from one to the other and back within only a few seconds. I konw, many of you don't agree with my way of doing, therefore, lets hear what you don't like about my test proceedure and what you suggest.
Here is the speakers switch I built, material is 15 USD and labor, it's frre, because I did it myself.
By the way, I've used Danny's solid OFC wire that I bought from him with my V-1, my only comment would be that it's not very easy to work with, not too flexible compared to stranded wire.

Have a nice day.
Guy 13.