New user intro

Steve1138

New user intro
« on: 12 Sep 2023, 04:51 pm »
Admin says I need to introduce myself:
A Brit now living in Germany, retired after working 33 years for the Dow Chemical Company in Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland with 2 years in Midland, Michigan.

Originally a vinyl junkie and since 1982 a dedicated Linn user WITH LP12, Naim and then Linn amps, Isobariks, only going to CD when Linn introduced their Karik Player and Numerik DAC.  Switched from Isobariks in 1997 to their active Keltik  speakers with 4 Klout power amps, and went from CD to streaming a few years back with a used Linn Kimax DS Renew.
Then a couple of years ago went to a used Klimax Exakt DSM  + Klimax Exaktbox (since upgraded to the new Organik DAC),and swapped the four Klouts for two AKURATE 4200\B's. Still running the active Keltiks although I have new drivers and Danny's Tube connectors and wire to convert them to the so-called Killer Keltiks featured on the Linn HiFi Wigwam forum.
Then there's the Home Cinema side, which in our new built house in Germany is still not operational Thanks to Danny inspiring (?) or tempting me to upgrade the surround speakers. The fronts are active Linn Kabers plus an active Linn AV 5120 centre, for te Atmos surrounds I had Speaker cable laid in the wals and ceiling during House build for 3 pairs of Linn Tukan bookshelvesfor the walls and two pairs of the small AV5110's for the ceiling mounted Atmos heights.
It's these Tukans and 5110's that are getting all new home grown crossovers with better quality parts, wire, "Not No-Rez" lining-smthg that looks like No-Rez from a Swiss company, plus copper nuts on the crossover boards and a roundover on the cabinet baffles
This is why I'm here because I follow Danny's videos studiously, take notes and want to learn more.  I will buy an X-Voce kit and try that in place of my active Linn centre and see how I go from there. and how things go with the Killer Keltik konversion.
Not sure I can get the wife to buy into NX-Otica's but I'd love to hear Danny's rig as it seems to offer dimensions I'm just not familiar with, and its more likely I'll get a used pair of the Linn Klimax ||Ekakt Organik 350's after we've sold my dad's house...