RMAF 2013

SoCalWJS

Re: RMAF 2013
« Reply #20 on: 20 Aug 2013, 05:15 pm »
I have King Suite at Hampton for $93 and includes breakfast.  It is one simple walk across a parking lot, then cross street to Marriott (this pic from a couple years ago RMAF thread..Marriott in upper left).

Much better rate than what I'm seeing, either on Hampton's website or Expedia.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #21 on: 20 Aug 2013, 05:17 pm »
Hotels.com, it's still there (non refundable)

ltr317

« Reply #22 on: 20 Aug 2013, 05:26 pm »
Plane, hotel and show registration all done.  It will be my fifth time attending RMAF in the last six years.  I've spoken to a lot of RMAF regular attendees who didn't go last year (including myself), and almost all of them will be attending this year.  It might get crowded at certain times.  I might write about my favorite sounding rooms for Dagogo if I have the time to visit all rooms, which I doubt with the available number of show hours.   

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #23 on: 20 Aug 2013, 05:40 pm »
Jason (Pez) and I will be there again this year doing our gonzo coverage!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #24 on: 20 Aug 2013, 05:51 pm »
Jason (Pez) and I will be there again this year doing our gonzo coverage!
:thumb: :thumb:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 20 Aug 2013, 06:13 pm »
Looking forward to it!   :green:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #26 on: 20 Aug 2013, 06:20 pm »
Plane, hotel and show registration all done.  It will be my fifth time attending RMAF in the last six years.  I've spoken to a lot of RMAF regular attendees who didn't go last year (including myself), and almost all of them will be attending this year.  It might get crowded at certain times.  I might write about my favorite sounding rooms for Dagogo if I have the time to visit all rooms, which I doubt with the available number of show hours.   

Hey Paul,

glad you're coming this year. Let's try to have meal together or at least a drink. I arrive Wednesday pm and I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next door on Hilton Honor Points. :thumb: Includes a free cook to order breakfast each morning (it may be free only to Hilton Honors members). I'll be helping Marjorie with set up on Thursday. This will be my 9th RMAF--every one but the first.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, buying some vinyl and listening to some great equipment.

Laura

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #27 on: 20 Aug 2013, 06:39 pm »
I am in.  I am planning on a round of golf at Arrowhead Thursday afternoon and an early morning round at the Ridge at Castle Pines on Friday.  Who wants to play?

Also reserved Shanahan's at 7:30 Saturday.  Let me know if you are interested in joining.  This will be the 1st annual John the Chairguy memorial dinner. We have to order the mushrooms in his memory.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #28 on: 20 Aug 2013, 06:46 pm »
I am in.  I am planning on a round of golf at Arrowhead Thursday afternoon and an early morning round at the Ridge at Castle Pines on Friday.  Who wants to play?

Also reserved Shanahan's at 7:30 Saturday.  Let me know if you are interested in joining.  This will be the 1st annual John the Chairguy memorial dinner. We have to order the mushrooms in his memory.
:oops:.........wasn't planning on bringing the clubs :peek:

Tyson

« Reply #29 on: 20 Aug 2013, 06:49 pm »

Oh hell, you KNOW I am in!  Jason too.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 20 Aug 2013, 06:59 pm »
:oops:.........wasn't planning on bringing the clubs :peek:

Well, bring'm.  Or you can rent if you must. 8)

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 20 Aug 2013, 07:04 pm »
Oh hell, you KNOW I am in!  Jason too.

I know I could count on you guys.  :dance:  :wine:

Tyson

« Reply #32 on: 20 Aug 2013, 07:07 pm »
That Wagyu beef is to die for!

mgalusha

« Reply #33 on: 20 Aug 2013, 07:40 pm »

No golf any more but I'm in for the dinner. The Ridge at Castle Pines is a nice course, some great holes.

For those still looking for hotels, the links on the RMAF web site will provide much better prices than checking the hotel direct. Hyatt shows something like $189/night on their site but the RMAF links get you a king room for $99/night.

capwkidd

« Reply #34 on: 20 Aug 2013, 07:59 pm »
Any planar makers showing this year? Well, besides Sanders and Magnepan (they are at every show, aren't they?)

fridays

« Reply #35 on: 20 Aug 2013, 08:13 pm »
I've never seen Magnepan at RMAF

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #36 on: 20 Aug 2013, 08:16 pm »
I've never seen Magnepan at RMAF

No, not officially.  They are always at T.H.E. Show at the Flamingo during CES (January).  I remember Audio Research, though, more than once using Maggies in one of their rooms at RMAF.

ltr317

« Reply #37 on: 20 Aug 2013, 09:08 pm »
Hey Paul,

glad you're coming this year. Let's try to have meal together or at least a drink. I arrive Wednesday pm and I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next door on Hilton Honor Points. :thumb: Includes a free cook to order breakfast each morning (it may be free only to Hilton Honors members). I'll be helping Marjorie with set up on Thursday. This will be my 9th RMAF--every one but the first.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, buying some vinyl and listening to some great equipment.

Laura

Hi Laura,

Yes, let's plan on dinner.  I'm staying at the same hotel though I won't get your royal treatment.  I'm a HH member also but have never used the points.  I'm not coming from NYC but instead will be flying from SF to Denver Thursday night, after visiting family and friends for a week.  Will be in touch.

Cheers,
Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #38 on: 20 Aug 2013, 09:54 pm »
Ugh. I am so bummed that I have a wedding to be a part of on the same weekend. Thought this might be the year I went to RMAF...

Tyson

« Reply #39 on: 20 Aug 2013, 10:00 pm »
Sorry roscoeiii, we will have a toast to you while we all kick it at the BEST AUDIO SHOW IN THE USA!!!!!!!