Question about your interconnects

Darren Thomas

« on: 11 Apr 2006, 04:47 pm »
Hi Guys,

I currently use DIY Belden interconnects I built myself but they are rigid. They don't bend easily. With my new setup I require 3' interconnects from my ICBM and BFD that are more pliable. I have a sliding shelf that my components sit on and my amps are next to them on a stationary shelf.

What are you using? Brand? Price? I'm not looking for $100 boutique cables, just something built well that has good results. I was considering Dayton for price and decent quality. Thoughts???? Is there a better DIY solution using supple Coaxial or something? I love my belden cables but they just won't bend easy enough for my new setup. I'll continue to use many of my current Belden cables between my receiver and ICBM though.

Darren

Charles Calkins

« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2006, 05:13 pm »
Take a good look at bluejeanscable.com.

Cheers
                             Charlie

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2006, 05:36 pm »
It appears you're using solid conductor cables of a fairly thick guage.  You can either go to a thinner guage or go to stranded wire cable if you want to DIY.  There are lots of finished cables on the market, including many boutiques that you'd not be interested in.  There's too much subjectivity associated with cables - I don't enter into comparison discussions/arguments.  Cables interact with source and speakers such that some types "sound" better or worse with a particular setup.  Experiment and if you stick with DIY, stay with Belden or Canare.  There best coax can't be beat (uh-oh, theres' another subjective opinion).  Don't even think about Monster brand. :wink:

FredT300B

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2006, 09:47 pm »
If you're looking for budget interconnects that are more flexible than the Belden coax it would be hard to beat the AR Pro series that Parts Express sells for about $25 (part #181-844).

Jeff G

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2006, 02:46 am »
www.accessories4less.com also sells the AR Pro and their Master (or something) series interconnects and speaker cables. I think these (the Pro or Pro II) series are the ones Sam Tellig said sound very nice (for the money) for a few years back. Prices are $20 and $35 a 6' pair. Hard to beat the price.

3beanlimit

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2006, 12:41 pm »
If you want to try the DIY route again, try using Canare LV77s.  Double shielded, teflon and very pliable.

Darren Thomas

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2006, 01:53 pm »
Thanks for all the idea's guys! I'll look into them.

Carl V

« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2006, 07:48 pm »
WEllbourne elctronics has a special DIY Cardas Interconnect.

wlabs@ix.netcom.com  

We absolutely love this Cardas Audio interconnect cable!  It's flexible, shielded, low capacitance and affordable!  We've been using it throughout our system for the last couple of years and if you've recently heard our system at CES, the VTV EXPO or Rocky Mountain Audio Fest this cable was in the signal path.  As this month's featured product, we've packaged some easy-to-assemble interconnect cable kits and discounted the price just a little bit. Each kit includes a stereo pair of cables, four Cardas Audio connectors and some heatshrink tubing. Assembly instructions included or we will assemble them you. Just $46.00 for a 1 Meter pair!