Old Marantz CD67SE and Lite DAC-AH

Parnelli777

« on: 9 Apr 2006, 06:04 am »
I'd like to set-up a 2nd system in our back "guest" room with my old Marantz CD67SE being the source. Is it worth trying to breathe some new life into this old player with the addition of this $150 Lite DAC AH?

Gooch

« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2006, 11:42 pm »
You want to breathe new life in to your marantz check out this link http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54009
I have had a CD63 for year  that I modded I have done some of the mods that are talked about in the  link and I can say there awesome modds I don't know if your handy with a soldering iron but if you are it might be worth a try. I will put this dated player up against a dac 60 any day. I own a few dac's and used the CD63 as a transport for a long time when you bypass the HDAM circuit and replace the opamps this player gose to a hole new level.

Regards
Dave

FredT300B

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2006, 09:38 pm »
I'm using the CD-67SE with the DAC-AH. The DAC-AH provides a more believable soundstage and a more tube-like midrange and smoother treble than the Cd-67's internal DAC and output section. You'll also need a digital cable, and for a DAC in this price range I wouldn't buy an expensive one. I'm very pleased with an AR Pro Series II digital cable that's about $20 from Parts Express (part #181-866).

Parnelli777

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2006, 11:52 pm »
Thanks folks.

FredT300B

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2006, 06:42 pm »
LONE STAR BOTTLEHEADS - SAN ANTONIO, MAY 20TH

For anybody who can join us in San Antonio on the 20th, I plan to bring my Marantz CD67SE with the DAC-AH plus my floorstanders that use the GRT6 tweeter. The DAC-AH doesn't get AS much attention as the DAC-60, but at $175 shipped it's a great bargain. Meeting directions and pictures from our past meetings at http://lonestarbottleheads.org/