I just received a pair of speaker with Audi Concepts

goblin141

name at the bottom of the cabinet.  These are open on the front and sides with three offset speakers, small woofer, soft dome mid and soft dome tweeter.  These are the best sounding that I have had in my room and the covers almost 60 pairs of others.  Any info on these would help.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: I just received a pair of speaker with Audi Concepts
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2015, 06:48 am »
The car builder Audi built a concept car with some 60+ B&O speakers in it.  Could these have come from a white van in a Walmart parking lot :scratch:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm »
name at the bottom of the cabinet.  These are open on the front and sides with three offset speakers, small woofer, soft dome mid and soft dome tweeter.  These are the best sounding that I have had in my room and the covers almost 60 pairs of others.  Any info on these would help.

Sounds like they may be the Quartz model. If so, they are Dynaudio drivers and certainly excellent speakers. If you could post a pic or link to a pic I could probably tell you for sure. Enjoy!

goblin141

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2015, 08:09 pm »
 Thats it.  They have Dynaudio drivers as he replaced two of them.  Do you remember the crossover points as it does need a sub at some point. 

OB_Newbie

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2015, 08:16 pm »
Sounds like they may be the Quartz model. If so, they are Dynaudio drivers and certainly excellent speakers. If you could post a pic or link to a pic I could probably tell you for sure. Enjoy!

Mike... good to see your out and about!  I loved the Quartz... I first heard them when you were still in the building you shared with Burlington Freight.  Remember those good old days?!?  Must have been 85' or 86'.  Those were really nice sounding speakers...  a Jim Caldwell design wasn't it?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jan 2015, 09:17 pm »
Thats it.  They have Dynaudio drivers as he replaced two of them.  Do you remember the crossover points as it does need a sub at some point.

I'm pretty sure we crossed to stereo subs around 100Hz and probably around 70-80Hz if using a single sub.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jan 2015, 09:21 pm »
Mike... good to see your out and about!  I loved the Quartz... I first heard them when you were still in the building you shared with Burlington Freight.  Remember those good old days?!?  Must have been 85' or 86'.  Those were really nice sounding speakers...  a Jim Caldwell design wasn't it?

How's it going! You have an excellent memory, I sure do remember a lot from those days. . .  including the facility you refer to.  You're right, Jack Caldwell did most of the design work on the Quartz series. Shortly after that is when we bought the old church, totally remodeled and moved in.

goblin141

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2015, 04:18 am »
Thank you for the info.  I am working on putting sub in my system....

DFaulds

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm »
So whatever happened to Jack Caldwell?  I remember some of his designs sold at A&S speakers, incuding big panels with Strathearn ribbons and separate sub boxes.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan 2015, 03:00 pm »
So whatever happened to Jack Caldwell?  I remember some of his designs sold at A&S speakers, incuding big panels with Strathearn ribbons and separate sub boxes.

I haven't heard from Jack in many years . . . probably 20 or so. He designed quite a few systems for us including the Strathearn line sources, the matching compound bass subs, LVs, Quartz series, Premier Series and others I don't remember right now. A talented (and overall good guy) for sure.

DFaulds

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2015, 04:17 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.  Could the Jack Caldwell of Holistic Audio be the the Same guy?

http://www.stereomojo.com/HOLISTIC%20AUDIO%20H1%20SPEAKER%20REVIEW.htm/HOLISTICAUDIOH1SPEAKERREVIEW.htm