VSA speakers to be show at RMAF

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
VSA speakers to be show at RMAF
« on: 23 Sep 2013, 10:13 pm »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

Von Schweikert Audio is pleased to announce that we will have three rooms at RMAF with a nice assortment of our speakers:

VR-100XS in room #550 with Constellation Audio. This room will also feature the UHA tape deck and second generation master tapes.

VR-44 Aktive with YFS in room #542.  YFS is the company that builds the most incredible music server.  They will also be using Constellation gear.

VR-33 in room  #9013  with PS Audio.  Paul of PS Audio told me that their system will feature their best products and will rock!

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: VSA speakers to be show at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2013, 02:21 am »
That deserves one big WOOHOO..  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

SundayNiagara

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2013, 01:41 pm »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder what amp Paul McGowan will be using, since he is struggling with his latest, (class D) design?

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2013, 02:31 pm »
..so, are class D amps as bad as many portray them as being?  :scratch:  They sure don't weigh very much..

ASMAN

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2013, 02:33 pm »
Wish I was going!!! It sounds very exciting.
Maybe next year.

JackD201

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2013, 03:43 pm »
..so, are class D amps as bad as many portray them as being?  :scratch:  They sure don't weigh very much..

No not really. There are a number of very good sounding class D amps. Many have shed the fuzzy, hirsute top ends that characterized early models. :)

BigSwede

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2013, 05:34 pm »
I like my Bel Canto a lot...no hairiness here, clean as can be.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2013, 09:32 pm »
No not really. There are a number of very good sounding class D amps. Many have shed the fuzzy, hirsute top ends that characterized early models. :)

Luckily I still have a hirsute top end.  Lots of old guys my age are denudate up top....bada bing Jack!  :lol:

JackD201

« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2013, 10:17 pm »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fplanner2000

« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2013, 03:09 am »
Should be interesting to finally hear the 100's.  I only hope the rooms are set up better than last year - I have a hunch they will be, as it would be a shame to not have the 100's shine in their first Denver appearance. :)  It was hearing the 9's in a well set up room in Denver years ago that led me to purchase my 7's, totally unseen and unheard.  That's worked out pretty well... :D

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2013, 08:53 pm »
They will Harve, it will be nice to see you too.

Cor

SundayNiagara

« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2013, 01:11 am »
Should be interesting to finally hear the 100's.  I only hope the rooms are set up better than last year - I have a hunch they will be, as it would be a shame to not have the 100's shine in their first Denver appearance. :)  It was hearing the 9's in a well set up room in Denver years ago that led me to purchase my 7's, totally unseen and unheard.  That's worked out pretty well... :D

Especially with analog.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2013, 02:40 pm »
The 2011 RMAF featured a VSA room with the VR5 Anniversary MkIIs driven by the lowly Jolida amps (monoblocks as I recall) and a UHA RtoR front end.  He wasn't playing those pricey Tape Project tapes but rather recordings he had made off vinyl at 15ips.  It really did sound great and as I recall that even the ubiquitous Jon Valin liked that room a lot...for whatever that's worth...and he was right for once.  I can't imagine what the VR100s will sound like with Constellation Audio amps and the UHA tape deck.  This is exciting stuff folks  :thumb:

By the way, I frequent another audio forum where flagship speaker discussions never include the VSA9s/11s/100s.   :scratch:  Maybe this time these audio elitists will see the light.  Then again maybe not  :duh: