Welcome a noob

StabMe

Welcome a noob
« on: 28 Jun 2019, 02:16 pm »
Hey there!

So i got into this site mainly because i got extremely interested in open baffle projects, mainly their controlled directivity, lack of box coloration and all the other benefits touted by people like Linkwitz and other knowledgeable people on the internet and forums.

Now i am in the middle of designing my first OB project and i want to be a part of a helpful community with healthy attitude.

I am from Russia and although we have a few online communities with similar interests, not many of those share the same kind of enthusiasm in OB type of speakers.

So, i will be glad to be a part here and glad to be of help.

Yaaaay!!!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Welcome a noob
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2019, 02:26 pm »
Welcome StabMe :thumb:

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2019, 02:30 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle and be sure to post pictures of your OB speakers once they're complete.

StabMe

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2019, 02:40 pm »
Basically it is gonna be a nude ON project with swinging drivers , an H-frame midwoofer and a monopole sub support.

Will definitely document the process!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2019, 02:57 pm »
Welcome!

Spent two days in St. Petersburg last month as part of a cruise of the Baltic, very impressive!

Note that open baffles do not provide controlled directivity.  Recommend you research JBL 305, 708, M2; Genelec; Dutch & Dutch; Kii3; and even our own Duke LeJeune (Audio Kinesis child circle) here on Audio Circle for more information.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2019, 03:35 pm »
Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2019, 03:58 pm »
open baffles do not provide controlled directivity
Nice, musical instruments also not have, I dont want reduce sound spread in my already small room.

ntjetsmoke

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2019, 05:52 pm »
Welcome to the AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2019, 06:43 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC StabMe   :thumb: