www.OdysseyAudioSG.com , Now THERE'S a website!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« on: 6 May 2004, 07:50 am »
This is just a heads up for anyone who's been searching for information on any of Klaus's products. :o Singapore's www.OdysseyaudioSG.com website has an excellent page presentation with as much product information as I've ever seen on ALL of Odyssey Audio's offerings. Alex, you did a damn nice job! :notworthy: Regards, Robin

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2004, 10:04 am »
well klaus has alot to do to top it at his sight-
it is one of the better web pages ive seen, very well designed and layout-easy to navigate.

Brian

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2004, 12:33 pm »
No doubt. It is the best looking Odyssey-site.

Truely a thing for all other Odyssey-sites to get inspiration from.

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2004, 01:01 pm »
The Extreme Mono is a 300 Watter? :o

Barry

Odysseyaudio Hong Kong Showroom will be open on May 15
« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2004, 04:07 pm »
I'm proud to announce that Odyssey Audio Hong Kong showroom will be open on May 15.  

Showroom Address : Room 1203, Chung Sheung Building, 9-10 Queen Victoria Street, Hong Kong
Showroom Opening Hours : Every Saturday noon to 6:00pm.

For details, come to our web site:
http://www.odysseyaudiohk.com

As Klaus mentioned, as part of the Odyssey family, we maintain the same factory direct model and pricing.  We provide an audition environment to share the great music deliver by Odyssey.  For those of you in Hong Kong, please come and visit our showroom.

Barry

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2004, 04:09 pm »
Oops!  I suppose to create a new topic but get it wrong.....
Sorry...

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #6 on: 7 May 2004, 02:03 am »
Excelent indeed, I have to borrow some ideas from it... :idea:

Congratulations Singapore...

Randy

Mono extreme
« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2004, 09:27 pm »
Klaus has always been a little coy about putting a wattage on the mono extremes, but once hinted that they are closer to 200 per side.'

Max, too bad about the Wings.  Long time Wing fan here not looking forward to a long offseason.

starlet

« Reply #8 on: 8 May 2004, 01:36 am »
hey klaus or alex, is there a show room in singapore? will we be able to do our upgrade over here?

alex_odyssey_sg

• http://www.odysseyaudiosg.com
« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2004, 03:27 am »
Guys,

Thank you for all the kind comments. But true credit must be given to my partner for the web design...:)

Starlet,

The answer is yes. You will be able to go upgrades through us. Just drop us a mail and let us know how we can help you. :)

Alex

alex_odyssey_sg

• http://www.odysseyaudiosg.com
« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2004, 03:40 am »
Ohh....by the way... we are also planning to set up a forum on our website for various issues like support, technical stuff, FAQ, etc to serve Odyssey owners better. So that is really in the pipeline for the website in the next few months.

Also set up an Odyssey Owners' Club...

Hopefully, this is something to look forward to for all interested...:)

Alex

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #11 on: 8 May 2004, 05:29 am »
Alex, months ago when all this Odssey global sites thing started I created an Odyssey GLOBAL FORUM, the idea was to create a global Odyssey community with a general section for electronics, another for cables and accesories and the last for speakers, and one for Symphonic Line. These sections in english of course

I also created inside that forum regional sections so the USA section linked to the good audiocircle.com section, Mexico's section targeted my Odyssey's forum section and for those without a local forum, there they could have one, like in this case you (the host), but also Brasil, Denmark, UK, NZ, etc... The idea of entering in some rooms and see asian typography, then in other area reading portuguese or danish is an idea that is very into a community type of thing.

Unfortunately the forum was deleted because the lack of use as I intended to launch it along with Odyssey USA new web site... which is not ready yet.

Klaus liked the idea and site, also Barry and Moyses were pleased, so if you have the way to, why not trying that thing, the Odyssey Global Forum...

I have some images I did for that purpose if you want 'em...

Regards

Val

« Reply #12 on: 8 May 2004, 03:06 pm »
Besides the 300W, I think I found another error: the Extreme Monos are shown as having 180,000pf per side; I think, although I could be wrong, that they have 240,000 per.

Val

audioslave

« Reply #13 on: 8 May 2004, 03:20 pm »
I think the Mono extremes are 360,000uf :D

Barry

« Reply #14 on: 8 May 2004, 03:40 pm »
Alex, Eduardo,

I can set-up a forum at pretty low cost here in Hong Kong for all of us.   Problem is that it may associate with odysseyaudiohk.com domain name.  I'm not sure whether I can point "forum.odysseyaudio.com" to the hosted forum server.  If yes, that would be perfect.

For 300MB web storage, 25 online users, 250M email storage, 20G/month network traffic.   HK$50/month which is US$6.5 per month.  Reasonable to start with.  AudioCircle is good.   I think having our forum will give us some more flexibility, e.g. Chinese language support, more topics etc.

Alex, by the way, you forgot to change from HK$ to SG$ in some places.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #15 on: 8 May 2004, 05:31 pm »
Hello Barry, no problem what I do is, allocate the forum in a special directory...

to say something  odysseyaudiosg.com/forums/

Then you, me, Klaus, all or anyone buys the domain name OdysseyAudioForums.com and you set it up to targert that specific directory so that way you don't have to configure a multi domain server.

Would it be useful ? Lets ask Klaus to know what he thinks about it...

karmon

« Reply #16 on: 9 May 2004, 02:52 pm »
Quote from: Eduardo AAVM
Excelent indeed, I have to borrow some ideas from it... :idea:

Congratulations Singapore...

Hi Eduardo

Thanks for the compliments. When I started working on the SG site, I got my inspiration (and data  :lol:)  mainly from Barry's and Klaus's site. So feel free to use anything from our website :)

Everyone - Thanks for the compliments and feedback on the errors. I will rectify them.