Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

wushuliu

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
« on: 28 Jun 2018, 07:43 am »
Eh, wasn't bad. I think it's a good one for kids (old enough to scare), and it's not too long. They keep it moving pretty good.

Pratt needs to be Indiana Jones, STAT.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2018, 12:47 pm »
Just saw it yesterday, good summer fun movie, nothing much of substance, but it's just suppose to be running from dinosaurs anyway.  Nothing ever matches the stark raving terror and awe of the first one (I'll never forget him turning her head in the jeep to see the sauropods), so I wasn't expecting greatness.  It was a well done movie, good pacing, professionally put together, no Oscar potential, the ending sets up yet another sequel.

gene9p

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2018, 02:53 pm »
the Imax 3d was spectacular..tons of fun. The movie itself......oh well.

Mike B.

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2018, 03:40 pm »
Just saw it yesterday, good summer fun movie, nothing much of substance, but it's just suppose to be running from dinosaurs anyway.  Nothing ever matches the stark raving terror and awe of the first one (I'll never forget him turning her head in the jeep to see the sauropods), so I wasn't expecting greatness.  It was a well done movie, good pacing, professionally put together, no Oscar potential, the ending sets up yet another sequel.

Your comments voice the same feeling a couple friends had about this film.

celebrat

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2018, 09:59 pm »
Took my grandkids to the movie. Great effects and 3d on IMAX. Could have been better if a stray dinosaur chewed up that little screaming girl :tempted:

gene9p

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2018, 11:15 pm »
Took my grandkids to the movie. Great effects and 3d on IMAX. Could have been better if a stray dinosaur chewed up that little screaming girl :tempted:

I would go back a 2nd time just to see that..lol

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jul 2018, 11:24 pm »
My wife wants to see it again, she will probably buy the video when it comes out. She jumped several times on certain scenes.

The only scary part I saw, could this be the real future? I hope not. Science found the double helix DNA in 1953 and they are now trying to bring the Woolly mammoth back. Could dinosaurs be next? :scratch:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/02/16/harvard-scientists-pledge-bring-back-woolly-mammoth-extinction/

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #7 on: 1 Jul 2018, 11:27 pm »
Science found the double helix DNA in 1953 and they are now trying to bring the Woolly mammoth back. Could dinosaurs be next? :scratch:

Nah. Impractical.

Folsom

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jul 2018, 01:25 am »
This is another movie where only a couple things made the "bad guys" bad. Their plot wasn't bad. This is becoming a big annoyance for me in movies. It is too analogous to someone being acused of something not true, and that defining them forever.

This one certainly made the women jump more. I enjoyed the scary parts, but some of the humapromorphizing seemed a little stupid & silly. It was OK at best.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #9 on: 2 Jul 2018, 02:52 pm »

The only scary part I saw, could this be the real future? I hope not. Science found the double helix DNA in 1953 and they are now trying to bring the Woolly mammoth back. Could dinosaurs be next? :scratch:

We already have.  In an election.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #10 on: 2 Jul 2018, 02:53 pm »
I would go back a 2nd time just to see that..lol

:rotflmao:

wushuliu

« Reply #11 on: 2 Jul 2018, 07:27 pm »
The little girl was the most interesting part of the movie. The bedroom under covers scene though was contrived. They set her up as too smart to do that sonit was out of character, but they needed a setup for the rooftop sequence i guess.

There were some good jump scares for sure. As the fourth sequel It’s a far better movie than it has the right to be in a franchise about dinosaurs.