Which Preamp for 4BSST2

khfm865

Which Preamp for 4BSST2
« on: 4 Aug 2009, 10:37 pm »
Hi All,

I am looking to add a preamp to my current system - Linn DS source straight to 4Bsst2 (Dynaudio Contour 3.4 speakers). Linn source has electronic volume thus enabling no pre at mo.
I need to have home theatre bypass function and I have read conflicting info on whether the BP26 has this function. I was wondering whether someone could set the record straight for me on this.
If not, what would people suggest? I want to add the pre as I am looking to move to the akurate ds from majik ds and the former does away with electronic volume option.

The other consideration that I am toying with is not bothering with a pre again, but going for a much better source with electronic volume option. Maybe a Wadia 381i. I am looking to upgrade my speaker down the line so want the best front end as poss for now.

Thanks very much

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Which Preamp for 4BSST2
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2009, 11:25 pm »
Hi All,

I am looking to add a preamp to my current system - Linn DS source straight to 4Bsst2 (Dynaudio Contour 3.4 speakers). Linn source has electronic volume thus enabling no pre at mo.
I need to have home theatre bypass function and I have read conflicting info on whether the BP26 has this function. I was wondering whether someone could set the record straight for me on this.
If not, what would people suggest? I want to add the pre as I am looking to move to the akurate ds from majik ds and the former does away with electronic volume option.

The other consideration that I am toying with is not bothering with a pre again, but going for a much better source with electronic volume option. Maybe a Wadia 381i. I am looking to upgrade my speaker down the line so want the best front end as poss for now.

Thanks very much

Hi There,

The BP26 does not have a pass-through.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Re: Which Preamp for 4BSST2
« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2009, 08:34 am »
... the BP 16 has a pass through.

al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine