The Tea Party Tour

Mag

The Tea Party Tour
« on: 15 Mar 2019, 07:20 pm »
In case you don't know it, The Tea Party band is touring across Canada and West Coast of the U.S..

I've booked the day off of work and will try and get a ticket today if not sold out. Some people I know from work already have tickets.

Being a true audiophile my purpose for going is to compare the 'real deal' with their blu ray concert. I'm doubting the show set list will be content I haven't heard, but they did put out an album around 2013 with new songs I haven't heard.

I like the bands style of rock especially the explosive guitar playing when he decides to ROCK. 8)

Wind Chaser

Re: The Tea Party Tour
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2019, 11:16 pm »
Good band, three very talented musicians with their own unique style.  :thumb:

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2019, 11:30 pm »
Good band, three very talented musicians with their own unique style.  :thumb:

Yep, and one of the last few bands left that still know how to ROCK.

Got my ticket this afternoon, will be sitting in the VIP section. The night club, did a quick tour, is a smallish intimate setting, with a good stage. Asked if I could take pictures with my Canon S100 but was told no, a crap smart phone photo he said would be okay. :smoke:

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2019, 05:53 am »
Just got back from The Tea Party, great show, awesome sound.

Now the question on my mind was can what I heard live, be duplicated on a hi-fidelity stereo?

First impressions was the power of the bass. My estimation without having my spl meter loudness was somewhere in the range of 110 to 120 decibels 'C' weighted. To match this sound on my home rig I figure I would need much bigger amps, 1000 watts maybe and bigger speakers that can handle the power.

As it is I figure The Tea Party- Live in Australia blu ray recording is in the ballpark if I crank the volume near max, which is pretty loud.

The reality is most people cannot play music in their home to the same scale as what I heard in the night club. Scaling down the spl to my home environment IMO my home audio does a pretty convincing job mimicking the real deal.

Oh and a reminder The Tea Party is still touring Western Canada and West coast of United States if you want to catch the show.:smoke: