PDA / Phone

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
PDA / Phone
« on: 4 Jul 2003, 07:17 pm »
I am trying out this PDA / Phone

Handspring Treo 300

It is for SprintPCS only, which I have a contract with through November 2003. My old phone was a Kyocera 3035. I dropped it one day and I have only been able to get tit to work 50% of the time. (out of warranty and no insurance plan  :evil:   Sprint no longer carries that phone, nor do they even have batteries for it  :evil:  :evil: )

Because of this I asked for Sprint to do something for me...they offered for a $100 credit if I renew for an additional 7 months. I held out for $75 credit and my contract stays the same (ends in November). I could get a nice replacement phone for about $100 and after the credit pay $25 net. I have always wanted a decent PDA/Phone that is useful to me. So I am trying this out...

The Deal:
I paid $399 for it. And $19.99 for the holster/case.

Included with the phone are:

-Ear bud with microphone - (it also has a speakerphone which is a requirement for me)
-regular AC charger
-automobile charger
-USB synch cable
-Software

Sprint has a new unlimited wireless internet service - for $15 month extra. I get the first 2 months free.

I have 13 more days to return both for a full refuind. I am checking ebay but the auctions that include everything I got end at close to what I paid, including my credit. I will have to look at Tax vs shipping to see in more detail.

Anyone have this one? What would you do? The Treo 270 is the GSM version, and the Treo 180 is the black and white version.